The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dish Network On and Off Today!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My satellite provider, Dish Network, is down today. (Has been down since last night.) It really sucks when you can't watch your favorite shows on a nice widescreen TV.  That being said, I have been spending most of the day on the net or playing video games.  I got further in one of my games, but I really want to watch the Primetime Sunday shows I enjoy!

We did have it up for 15 minutes at one point, but it went away again. :(

I'm not sure when I'm going to get it back.  I already miss my shows. :(

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This makes me so glad I don't watch TV :p

Anyway, that's too bad John. Do they give any information as to when it will be back up again? I can understand you don't want to miss any of your series etc.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Man, who has time to watch TV anymore?  If my TV went down, it would probably take me a few months just to realize it. :p But yeah, I heard Dish Network was pretty bad.  Switch to Comcast or something.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, we were able to find a signal, but it's rather weak.  At this point, we only have local channels, but we're not sure when or if we'll get the rest back.  If the problem persists through tomorrow, we're calling up Dish Network and try to get someone to fix it.  We're not going to pay for something we're getting nothing of. (If it comes to that, it'll be hard to say goodbye to the DVR. -_- )

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
You haven't called 'em yet?  I would have been on the phone right away if I were you.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 18 2010 on  09:48 PM
Man, who has time to watch TV anymore?  If my TV went down, it would probably take me a few months just to realize it. :p
Depends on who you ask. I'm sure there's a lot of people who still watch TV, myself included. If the TV went out, I'd definitely notice. It's in the same room as this computer for one thing.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
It would take a while for me to notice my cable wasn't working....I'm only getting the basic 13 if that's any clue of my tv watching habits. :p  I will agree about the signal...that's a real bummer with stormy weather.  The signal would drop in bad weather when my parents had it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, the problem has still persisted.  We have called someone up and they'll be here by tomorrow morning.  Hopefully, they'll be able to fix this.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope your problem is quickly fixed and resolved.   Sounds annoying for those use to watching cable and satellite tv more then other avenues.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, we have it all back now! :^.^:

They had to readjust the dish and replace all the wiring, not to mention program it all again, but at least we have it all back now.

I'm so glad, because some of the best stuff on TV is only found on satellite. ;)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Something eat your wires?  Never had that go wrong in the harsh NY winters. :blink:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jul 20 2010 on  04:36 PM
Something eat your wires?  Never had that go wrong in the harsh NY winters. :blink:
I'm not exactly sure why, but he said that he had to replace all the wiring.

Oh, and we are now down to the "Basic Cable" plan.  Didn't matter to me really, as my most favorite of shows are on Basic Cable channels.  So for me, no big deal.