The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pleo

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
PleoWorld

The absolute must have for any dinosaur fan, or for anyone who wanted a pet but either cannot afford one, isn't allowed, or is allergic, or whatever. He reacts to sounds, certain objects, sudden asence of ground, touch, temperature (nothing more heartwrenching than seeing him shiver) , smells. Like a robot, he can be powered down or recharged, but like a pet, he explores, can be trained, recognises voices, and even gets sick and injured if you play a bit too rough, or neglect him.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Pleo.

Anyone else got one of these little guys? I have to admit, I'm so taken by the little guy, I'm getting my first real job and starting a savings jar just to buy one myself. They're definitely on the pricey side ($469), but 1. That's a little cheaperthan  a real dog or cat, without the cleanup, 2. It's alot cheaper than it sounds to me, since I am in Britain, so that's around £229, and 3. It's alot cheaper than most other robot-pets, like PaPeRo or AIBO.

Discuss.