The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Does LBT make you cry?

Hyp · 141 · 25166

CloverfieldFan555

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I bawled like a baby when I watched this film again. The song at the end is so sad. So is the scene with littlefoot's mother dying.

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Vilstrup,Apr 16 2008 on  01:40 AM
You might be right
Well, it's what I believe; some people believe otherwise.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't <sniffle> I'm not...
 :cry  :cry  :cry !!!
I'm not crying!
Really, though, it does make me weepy every time...

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, i never cried at any movie ever in my life, but when i saw this, it was like i had cried so many times, because i couldn't resist. It is officially one of my top movies of all time, however i'm not sure if i'll cry again if i watch it, because i lost my version of the tape from so many times i have moved. The last time i recently saw it was on CN, so i rarely get to watch it. :(

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i never cried at any movie

and me not either

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
You guys are lucky. I cry easily during sad moments in a movie. :P:

When I was little, I would cry everytime I watched the scene when Littlefoot's Mother dies and during the end credits (with the song "If We Hold On Together." I still do to this day, although not as much as back then. But I always feel like I'm on the verge of tears.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I have to agree with you Timehopper the ending credits song "If we hold on Together" still makes me cry from time to time...I guess simply because it's such an emotional song...it tugs on all the right heart strings. :^.^:

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Great Valley Guardian,Apr 21 2008 on  12:44 PM
I have to agree with you Timehopper the ending credits song "If we hold on Together" still makes me cry from time to time...I guess simply because it's such an emotional song...it tugs on all the right heart strings. :^.^:
Yes, exactly. :)

"If We Hold On Together" is a song that I think at least everyone can relate to. We all go through hardships, but if we hold on to the ones we love, our dreams will never die.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hyp,Jul 19 2005 on  04:41 PM
I watched it again last night because I couldn't sleep (stupid insomnia...), and I was trying so hard not to cry, but I couldn't help it. It's just so sad. Does LBT make you cry or does it just make you sad? Or...can you watch it without crying or being sad at all?
it just makes me sad. I'm like Chuck Norris. I never cry. Ever. :angry:

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 23 2006 on  02:25 AM
I'm getting chocked up at the happy scenes rather than the sad scenes myself. The discovery of the Great Valley you named is the most distinct case. Not particularly happy, but also scenes which move me very much (though I usually never reach the point of tear shedding; sometimes I think I cry to rarely) are the goodbye scenes with Chomper, Ali, Mo etc. sometimes scenes in which something important is said (e.g. LBT 4 "Maybe we'll all life together some day") have a similar effect on me. The background music plays an important role in this stiring of emotion I think.
Totally agree with you...  Yeah, a lot of us tend to cry when Littlefoot's mother dies (and if you're like me, a little bit past that point), and at the end of the first movie (I still do; both at the discovery of the Valley (though I start getting choked up at the moment where Littlefoot looks back at his grandparents and remembers(on account of his mother), and the tears well at the infamous "group hug" scene at the very end, 'cause that's just so sweet), and "If We Hold On Together"); you've made some interesting points that I can totally relate to here, though.  I've cried during 10, during the song "Bestest Friend."  Still do.  I've cried when Littlefoot says goodbye to Chomper, sending him on his way, in 2.  Still do.  I've cried during "Always There" in 5.  I haven't cried with 8, but it's still impacted me quite a bit.  EDIT: Well, heh, after seeing 8 on Cartoon Network again this morning, I did shed a few tears at the end of the "Family" song; seems it hit me hard today, for some reason...  (Most "ordinary" guys would brand me a weirdo at this point; I have nothing to say to "outsiders" like that, who only seek to belittle the things they don't understand.  Nor do I have any respect for them...)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jul 20 2005 on  05:19 PM
LBT has never once made me cry.
Same here, I didn't cry at all when I watched LBT, I thought it was a fun film and I loved the characters, but I never cried.

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
It is hard not to cry when Littlefoot's mom dies and when the sharptooth dies.Plus the music is sad. :(

Sharptooh #436

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Maybe.
I feel like crying at the scene where Littlefoot's mother dies.
Sad...
I wonder what the deleted scenes would have been like (the 19 or so animations that were deleted since they might cause "Pschological Damage in young children")

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There are some pictures and descriptions (in books) of scenes which were not in the final version of the movie. You will find some of those in this thread if your are interested.

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii
Well, I am a very emotional person. So I can easily be touched by things I see in shows or movies..
Example: I was watching 7th Heaven today, and my fav character Lucy was crying because her grandmother died and she was upset that life was going on without her and all... Now, even though I'd seen that episode what seems like a hundred times, I still started crying!!

I also start crying at the end of almost every Touched By An Angel eppy!

Now, my fav emotional scenes on LBT 1, is when littlefoots mommy died.
When Diana Ross sings at the ending credits...
And there may have been others too... it's just been ages since I saw it, I guess because all our movies are stowed away while we're fixing the living room up, but anyway, those were my favs!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are some very touching scenes in the movie.  Littlefoot's mother's death, when he thinks his shadow is her, when he looses hope, talks to Rooter & his response, his mother contacting him through the water in the treestar, when Littlefoot reaches the edge of the Great Valley and goes back for his friends, and when they all reach the Great Valley and then reunite at the end.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Sep 19 2008 on  02:46 PM
There are some very touching scenes in the movie.  Littlefoot's mother's death, when he thinks his shadow is her, when he looses hope, talks to Rooter & his response, his mother contacting him through the water in the treestar, when Littlefoot reaches the edge of the Great Valley and goes back for his friends, and when they all reach the Great Valley and then reunite at the end.
Yarr, those be heart-wrenching scenes... :( *pirate talk intentional on account of "Talk Like a Pirate Day; still trying to be serious*
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Me be havin' only one thing to say, and it be this.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Arr, that be true, matey...