The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Did the series get a good finale?

Guest · 35 · 10327

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
The TV series itself didn't have an overall storyline, apart from Ruby and Chomper having to hide in the Great Valley to escape from Redclaw.

So it would be hard to create a true finale for it, other than some tie in with a movie or Reclaw being finally defeated and Chomper and Ruby returning to both their families.

I would've loved to see a second season, and maybe more, especially if they'd invested in an overall storyline.

As it is, I believe the movie sequels will give us some kind of a proper farewell to the TV series.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Series hasn't finale and has only small fragments of beginning.
We didn't get full pre-story, about Chomper, Ruby, Redclaw with fast biters, and the rest habitants of Mysterious Beyond.

And of course there's no finale.

Also, excuse me, but it seems Chomper and Ruby have lived in Valley for more than year. Long enough, I say. But I didn't see how they attempt to end their mission as fast as it can be done, and return to their families. Oo
That's weird.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Dec 15 2011 on  04:59 PM
Quote from: LBTLover1,Dec 15 2011 on  04:25 PM
Quote from: Malte279,Nov 18 2011 on  06:47 PM
I don't think it got any finale. Sure the episode "through the eyes of a spiketail" is the last one listed, but with every single episode being a concluded story without any reference to preceding episodes I don't think it matters at all in which order one watches them.
1. I thought the "Great Egg Adventure" was the last one to air.
Even though, I think "Through the eyes of a Spiketail was the last episode produced, so it's intended to be the season finale.

Also, it just seems a little bit more "special" than the other episodes to me.
Nope. "The Great Egg Adventure" was the last produced and was intended to be the series finale, whereas the other one was the last aired.

"The Great Egg Adventure" is also a little bit more special than the other episodes because it doesn't have Spike, Cera, or Ruby in it.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Dec 15 2011 on  04:59 PM
Quote from: LBTLover1,Dec 15 2011 on  04:25 PM
Quote from: Malte279,Nov 18 2011 on  06:47 PM
I don't think it got any finale. Sure the episode "through the eyes of a spiketail" is the last one listed, but with every single episode being a concluded story without any reference to preceding episodes I don't think it matters at all in which order one watches them.
1. I thought the "Great Egg Adventure" was the last one to air.
Even though, I think "Through the eyes of a Spiketail was the last episode produced, so it's intended to be the season finale.

Also, it just seems a little bit more "special" than the other episodes to me.
God, why do you have to say that? It's not true!!  :cry  :cry  :cry

TGGE was the last episode produced!! It wasn't the last one aired, it was the intended series finale!! There's nothing special about the other one!!

Why am I all alone in this??  :neutral

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Allow me to ask, Bruton.

If you don't think TTEOAS was anything special than what is so special about TGEA? I can understand your viewpoint a little, that episode about Spike was very unique in many ways but I recall not liking it at all. Still, I, personally, don't see anything extraordinary about the TTEA that would suggest it was meant to be the last episode...

Production order is not as significant as the order it aired. For me anyway...
Inactive, probably forever.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Apr 22 2016 on  01:05 AM
Allow me to ask, Bruton.

If you don't think TTEOAS was anything special than what is so special about TGEA? I can understand your viewpoint a little, that episode about Spike was very unique in many ways but I recall not liking it at all. Still, I, personally, don't see anything extraordinary about the TTEA that would suggest it was meant to be the last episode...

Production order is not as significant as the order it aired. For me anyway...
Whatever. TGEA was meant to be the last one and I just wish everyone could understand that.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Why does it matter so much to you? Tbh, I'd be more freaked out about another guest character that they messed up (*cough* Ali) than the supposed order of the episodes when there's no continuity within the series whatsoever...

Just trying to understand your viewpoint  :confused

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,May 18 2016 on  02:58 PM
Why does it matter so much to you? Tbh, I'd be more freaked out about another guest character that they messed up (*cough* Ali) than the supposed order of the episodes when there's no continuity within the series whatsoever...

Just trying to understand your viewpoint  :confused
I agree, especially with Ali!!
8 years with TGOF :yum

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It matters because the other episode stinks as a finale and the fact that no one practically, wants to admit TGEA is the true finale just makes me frustrated. What do you want me to do? Say it's not the finale? Because it is, always has been, and always will be.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It matters because the other episode stinks as a finale and the fact that no one practically, wants to admit TGEA is the true finale just makes me frustrated. What do you want me to do? Say it's not the finale? Because it is, always has been, and always will be.
I think any episode of the tv-series stinks as a finale. There's nothing final about any of them, nothing that would make them stand out from the others in a way that it gives the series a good finale... but that's not the main point.
You wonder what you should do? Nobody expects you to change your opinion. It's perfectly fine that you have a firm believe that TGEA was meant to be the final episode. What you have to do is accept the fact that others may not share your opinion. That's all. When somebody believes that TTEOAS is, has always been and will always be the final episode, then that's also perfectly fine. Since there's no 'right' or 'wrong' in this discussion (due to the fact that there are controversial sources suggesting that either one or the other is the final episode), we're talking about opinions, not facts. Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion and they have to accept that others may have a different opinion on the same topic. That's all you have to do/understand.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I second Ducky on this. If you feel TGEA is the finale, then by all means, you can believe that. But you shouldn't say "it is the finale, it always has been and always will be", because in the end, your belief in what is the final episode is just an opinion. You can't state it as fact, because it is not fact. It is opinion. There's a difference.

The LBT series has no continuity. No order in which the episodes run. Not all TV shows have a set order. Anyone can come into the LBT TV series and decide what order each of the episodes should go, and they wouldn't be wrong; there's really nothing to say "this episode goes before this". This is why you can say TGEA is suitable as a finale while someone else may have another episode they prefer as the finale.

You shouldn't really feel obliged to say that you were wrong, no more than someone else should feel obliged to say that you are right. If someone else disagrees with you, you should accept it. And you shouldn't try to pass off your opinion as fact. There is nothing to really support your claim of "TGEA is definitely the finale of the show"; it's only opinion.

Which is fine. Like I said, if you really do feel that's the best ep to end the series on, then you are free to believe that. Just don't go shoving your opinion down other's throats and try to make people agree with you. You can argue why you feel it's the best, but you can't place it on a pedestel and say "this is absolute fact".

We all have different opinions, Bruton. You just need to learn to accept it and not worry if someone disagrees with your views.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The show was awful god awful to be frank. Each episode was hard to sit through. There situations would take a few minutes to fix they dragged it out for 22 painful minutes with two god awful songs on each episode. That was the scrapping the bottom of the barrel from this franchise. Each episode was rushed and forced and the characters where annoying and painful to watch. And no the series final was bad and after it I shouted hallelujah it's over. Thank god it got one season and not two. It didn't need two. But even tho the show was a complete let down I gave each episode a watch and glad I gave it a try but I'll never watch it again.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I'm not finished with the show, but I'm going to see TGEA last.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Quote from: ADFan185,Jun 3 2016 on  08:10 PM
The show was awful god awful to be frank. Each episode was hard to sit through.
I'm sorry it was so bad for you ADFan185.
I got to say that for all my criticism about the later movies I found the LBT TV-series better than many others and better than I had expected it to become.
Serving the plans to revive elder threads as suggested in the rock circle, here is a link to my old thread on behalf of the TV-series.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
It wasn't cancelled; another season just didn't happen. Let's wait and see what Universal Kids brings us (or doesn't) in the future...
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)