The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So since no one made a topic about her yet, I thought I'd start it. :smile

What do you think of her so far? She hasn't made a very good impression on me so far. It's not that Reba Macantire is a bad voice actor, but that's all I hear when I hear Etta's voice. I don't really hear enough of a character. A big part is because the design really clashes with Reba's voice.

And that's another problem...I don't like her design a lot. The fact that she's all one color would be OK if she was maybe a more subtle color, but the fact that she's bright yellow makes her stick out like a sore thumb. Between that and the voice-clashing-with-appearence-thing, I really don't find her that appealing. Not that she seems to be annoying, or anything, I mean, I'm sure she's going to be really well-written. But so far I'm not really really a huge fan.

I do want to see more of this Wild-Arms character, though. Just from what I've seen of him on the cover makes me like him!  :smile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Personally, I'm not really fond of character designs where the character is just one color (or mostly one color, with only a tiny portion another color). It just doesn't appeal to me so much.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
There's a trope that TVtropes called 'Ink Suit Actor' that I think they're trying to pull off with Etta-- she definitely has Reba's eyes. I didn't know what to expect seeing her clip, but she seems way older than I expected her to be, which... I mean, I guess is expected? Her voice actress isn't exactly all that young anymore. Not that that's a bad thing! I actually like the fact that they're using an older character as the main guest of the film. She's like a cool old kooky southern gal, which is kinda what I expected of her. She even has this motherly thing going on with Littlefoot, it seems.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
My final opinion will obviously come up when the film is out. But from what I've been seeing so far, she seems like a cool character who definitely cares a lot about Littlefoot. She even reminds me of Archie (not just because of the cave-in backdrop).

Now that LoyfeCycleProtector mentioned it, I do hope that Etta's motherly attitude towards Littlefoot will be strong enough to provoke a little reference towards Littlefoot's actual mother, which I think is most welcome in any situation.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, Archie was really cool, so I guess I'll give her a chance.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Is it just me or is the color REALLY off in the movie screenshots?  Chomper is a really dark purple, and it's like the contrast and color has been turned up to 100% on my monitor.  I've looked using several different screens and it's all the same.  I think Etta is supposed to be a lighter yellow rather than that mustardy color.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 23 2016 on  04:15 PM
Is it just me or is the color REALLY off in the movie screenshots?  Chomper is a really dark purple, and it's like the contrast and color has been turned up to 100% on my monitor.  I've looked using several different screens and it's all the same.  I think Etta is supposed to be a lighter yellow rather than that mustardy color.
It's not just you. I think its the new artists' interpretation of coloring.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
t's not just you. I think its the new artists' interpretation of coloring.

For me the coloring is part of it-- I don't think we've ever seen him this vividly purple-- but it's more the width of his head. His eyes look too far apart and his snout too broad.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: LoyfeCycleProtector,Jan 25 2016 on  01:06 AM
t's not just you. I think its the new artists' interpretation of coloring.

For me the coloring is part of it-- I don't think we've ever seen him this vividly purple-- but it's more the width of his head. His eyes look too far apart and his snout too broad.
Outside of the new shades of coloring, Chomper looks fine to me.

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
I did like Etta. She was charming and very kind. She has went through some difficulties like losing a cousin and having a sister who apparently sustained brain damage but at her age she's learned to look at the brighter side of life. She sees the good in her cousin's sacrifice and still values her sister no matter how changed or weird she might have become. She also sees humor in even those grim scenarios and is willing to cheer others up with her values no matter if they're strangers.

Also, she has a crest usually associated with males, a error that has happened in the series one or two times before. This makes me headcanon she's a transwoman (Is assigned male at birth, identifies as female).

(I'm aware the series creators likely intend for everyone to be straight and cis, but pah to that!)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Etta is a likeable character and her song was the only one that I really enjoyed in LBT 14 :)
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah Etta voiced by Reba Macentire the only good character in this godawful movie. Her song was enjoyable and quite good. Her character was fine I liked her a lot.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Journey of the Brave had too mich going on. Its the Spider-Man 3 of the franchise. You have too many new charaters and antagonists introduced at once. You have Chomper and Ruby, Wild Arms, Diggers, and Etta. Then you have three Sharpteeth, Feathered and Horned. There just is too many characters to allow any time devoted to one like Etta.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith