The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The new arrival

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.racedepartment.com/
Now I'll be able to take my simracing to the next level...

I'm proud to announce that I'm now the owner of a new Logitech G25 racing wheel! :wow

Yeah, I know the picture quality's bad... :oops

It cost $398 (that's in Australian dollars), out of my own money, but it's worth every cent. A total of 900 degrees of rotation (that's two-and-a-half turns lock-to-lock), pedals with differing levels of resistance, ie. the brake pedal is harder to press than the accelerator, plus a clutch pedal and a stick shifter that can be switched between H-pattern and sequential modes. And that's real leather the wheel's bound with.

After driving with it for most of the evening, I have to say it has the best force feedback I've ever experienced. It was also very enjoyable exploring proper clutch-operated manual shitfing, and being able to turn the wheel all the way around... Formula One cars are so drivable now. Totally worth it, I haven't had this much fun simracing in quite a while, and it's an infinite improvement over my old wheel. :yes

I'm just so happy that I wanted to share it with you guys. I'm definitely going to get years of fun out of this thing. :smile

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh. My. GOD. Holy.... That sir, is the MOST EPIC thing I've ever seen.

You're sure gonna pwn at racing sims with that wheel now. XD

TIME TO DRIVE! :DD

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Nice purchase there matey!  :D Guess it all adds to the immersion I suppose :DD Don't drink and drive though :lol

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Jan 18 2010 on  06:07 AM
Don't drink and drive though :lol
The only things I drink when simracing are Tea, Coffee and Water. :smile

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Awesome! You're gonna rock some socks off with that thing!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Very nice! :p

That monitor looks like a pretty good size you've got there.  How big is it, may I ask?  :angel

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Jan 25 2010 on  01:28 AM
That monitor looks like a pretty good size you've got there.  How big is it, may I ask?  :angel
It's 23 inches, I believe. Funny story, actually... When I ordered the computer, the hardware specs stated that it would come with a 20-inch monitor. But when it came time to have the PC delivered to my house, the shop discovered that they had run out of 20-inch monitors, so they gave me the 23-inch one at no extra cost! :o