The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Smash Brothers (all)

Tails_155 · 396 · 26180

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
OK...pokemon discussion aside...

*raises hand* Question for Brawl owners...

Was there a preview channel released on the Wii Shopping Channel for Brawl by any chance? If so, when was it released? I'm imagining (maybe moreso hoping) that Ninty would do the same thing they did for Metroid Prime 3 when that came out. Care to enlighten me on this?

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Mar 31 2008 on  03:10 PM
OK...pokemon discussion aside...

*raises hand* Question for Brawl owners...

Was there a preview channel released on the Wii Shopping Channel for Brawl by any chance? If so, when was it released? I'm imagining (maybe moreso hoping) that Ninty would do the same thing they did for Metroid Prime 3 when that came out. Care to enlighten me on this?
Nope. Brawl had none. Super Mario Galaxy didn't have one either.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I saw a prewiev of it on a LAN in school, AWSOME!
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Which one's tougher...the male or female Lucario? :p :p

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Keni,Mar 31 2008 on  03:55 PM
Nope. Brawl had none. Super Mario Galaxy didn't have one either.
Bugger. :( Somehow I didnt think there would be. You were right to point out that Mario Galaxy didnt have a launch channel. Didn't think of that. Oh well...just gotta sit tight then I guess *sigh* :(

Which one's tougher...the male or female Lucario?

All I'll say is this...the female of the species is more deadlier than the male!  :lol  :p

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Amazon.co.uk has just updated it's release date for Brawl to 1st June.  :cry
Until now it was listed as April 30th, and I was hopeful.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I saw that too but I don't think that is right. Coz if you look at your calendar, 1st June is a Sunday. 95% of game releases are on a Friday. Gamestation are announcing 30th May (which happens to be a Friday) as are a few other places. I too was hoping very much for the launch date to be 30th April but I guess we've just gotta hold on a little longer. As annoying as it may be... :rolleyes:

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Apr 16 2008 on  06:36 PM
I saw that too but I don't think that is right. Coz if you look at your calendar, 1st June is a Sunday. 95% of game releases are on a Friday. Gamestation are announcing 30th May (which happens to be a Friday) as are a few other places. I too was hoping very much for the launch date to be 30th April but I guess we've just gotta hold on a little longer. As annoying as it may be... :rolleyes:
Well Brawl was released on the US on a sunday too. Which kind of sucked because I had school the next day and couldn't spend a lot of time on the game.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I reserved my copy and got it the Friday after, so it was perfect timing!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Bad news for European Brawlers...SSBB has apparently been knocked back EVEN FURTHER so we now have to wait even LONGER for it.  :angry: Apparently, an inside source says that a few religious issues have arisen to which the game has been held back to rectify the problem. I don't know how solid this info is but it looks like Brawl is being held off now until June. What a cruel cruel world :cry2  :(

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Religios issues? That's strange. What could there be in Brawl that's suitable for the american version, but too religiously sensitive for the european version?

I don't get why Nintendo keep doing this. If Galaxy and Mario Kart can be released close together in europe and america, why are nintendo games usually (Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, SSBB) delayed by 3 months?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As I said before, I'm not 100% sure on the reason as to why Brawl has been delayed. But I for one am sick of waiting! So I did the honourary thing and imported it!  :DD I've slapped my code up in the After Midnight section. Finally I can enjoy smacking the daylights outta everyone (in the nicest way possible of course  :lol ). Not played it much yet but from what I've seen, it's all diamond dust. I love it! :^.^:

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
27th June 2008 - Brawl has released in Europe.

And I got it on release day. :D

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have played all three games. I own Melee and Brawl, and my brother owns the original. I must say, I only play as one character on all three of them, my favorite character in the entire trilogy: Jigglypuff. She can jump longer and move faster than a lot of other characters. How would I know if I only use her? Whenever I get a fighter, I always research it then pick the "weaskest" character. They have very low power but usually have more advanced, strategic moves. If someone is Bowser, I can't run up and start a slapping contest because I'd reach at least 100% in twenty seconds. I am very light so I get thrown off incredibly easlily. I cannot win with her by jamming the punch button on everyone. I have to think things through. I have found a wonderful strategy though. I mentioned it in another topic but this one is specifically about SSB so I'll elaborate here as well. I'm sure you're all aware of the one hit K. O. stick, otherwsise known as the Home Run Bat. I'm sure you're all also aware of its powerful, yet diffcult to pull off special ability. Besides randomly whacking opponents, if you take a moment, you can pull the bat back which gives your swing much more power. Why is called the Home Run Bat? If you know what a home run is, that is what the bat does if pulled back then released on an opponent. Now for a seasoned player, it is nearly impossible to fall victim to this, since pulling the bat back takes extra time and it's obvious to the opponent(s) what you're trying to do so they'll get away quite easily. But remember who I am? My opponents can't run from me while they're sleeping, now can they? I know there isn't always a bat around, but people that know me try to get it as soon as possible when one appears. Besides, two on two works nicely as well when I'm with a strong partner like Bowser, Donkey Kong, or Ganondorf because they can pummel who I pass out.

A lot of people call her a joke and couldn't imagine being beaten by one. All the more satisfying to win with her. What is more impressive? Winning with the "best" character or the "worst"? Isn't it surprising to see someone one third the size of his opponent actually win the fight? I learned one method at getting good at that game. Find your best character and stick with him or her. Don't let your brain get confused trying to master twenty different styles. You want to be good at numbers. You go to one school and they only teach math. You go to another school where you have to study math, language, history, science, speech, psychology, and social skills. Which school will you have an easier time mastering numbers? My belief in a multi character game, variety is fun, but a single focus increases your chance of victory in the long run. But the funny thing is, not counting any power at all, Jigglypuff is my favorite character on those games anyway. Loved her in the show, loved her in the game. How ironic for me to always pick the weakest character in every game only to get my favorite one this time! Now I can keep my character picking pattern and finally love who I'm using at the same time. Since my brain only knows Jigglypuff, I have nothing else to interrupt my thoughts when I control her. I love these games and I hope they keep coming out (as long as they keep you-know-who in the arena). These are the methods I use when I approach games like this. What are yours? Later!

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Well, I didn't notice this one here!

I've been a fan of Smash Bros. ever since I played the first game, due to the fact that it unites the most common characters of games.
I'm a dedicated player to Yoshi, but can switch between any Link and Ness. I'm a decent player with the rest of them, and a most horrid one with Sonic. ._.

Reffering to TFS, I feel admired for the capability of mastering a character like Jigglipuff, due to its low resistance. However, she does have a great KO strike with B-Down, and each of the B's is dangerous.

I've already been asked which character was te strongest to use (since SSB isn't such a famous game here) and all I've answered was to pick the one that person would feel better off with, since the character's strength depends on the player. I feel like I've confirmed my "theory" about it, am glad I did, since Jigglipuff players need to be very good to handle such character.

Also, playing, I'd say, isn't just about how fast you hit A or shield and strike, but abut your strategy. There's no need to be planning a strategy out of the game, but its always good - for you - to know what you'll do, since you won't go dandling around with a Link striking A's when you know it simply won't work.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you for the compliment. It was a really nice thing to say.

There is something I really wonder about: Does anybody here use Pokemon Trainer? He actually doesn't do any fighting on his own, but commands a first form, second form, and final form pokemon- 1 Squirtle, 2 Ivysaur, and F Charizard. From what I've heard, out of those three, Squirtle's attacks are weakest but fastest, Charizard's are strongest but slowest, and Ivysaur is well balanced. You can actually switch at any time during battle. If Jigglypuff wasn't my character, it would be him, because from what I've seen of him, I have dubbed him my second favorite character. Is he better than a lot of characters? I mean, I assume he is better than Pikachu because he is one pokemon while the PT has three. Am I wrong in thinking so? I think Lucario and Mewtwo are still better than PT since those two pokemon seem to have just about everything going for them without needing to switch off, but is PT preferred these days over the electric mouse? If anybody has used him or he is somebody's signature character, I would like to know what your thoughts are on him. I mean, before, someone picks one character that is fast or strong or wellrounded. With PT from the new Brawl, you can have them all at once. He seems a very logical choice, but I don't hear of many people with him as their signature. Is he not as great as I think? What is the Pokemon Tainer all about?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Mewtwo and PT would never meet, so that's hard to compare.  Oh and Jiggly has the *POUND* move which pretty much will KO any character above 60% damage.  I was never very good at making the move work, but its there (on Melee anyway).

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The gist (or appeal) behind the Pokemon Trainer (PT) is that he was designed to use the first three pokemon you could select in the first ever pokemon games (red and blue) for Gameboy. These pokemon were at three different evolutionary stages. All three pokemon share the same damage meter (obviously) and overuse of any one pokemon actually decreases their attack strength (the idea is that you evenly use all three rather than constantly using one). As Explorer says, any character can be a top-leveled fighter if used correctly. Your strategy to playing is key. Someone who attacks constantly can be dodged and countered easily. A player who overuses his shield too much is prone to grab and throws. If you can master and utilise attack and defensive strategies you're well on your way to racking up wins.

If I had to pick a favourite, I'd either say Yoshi (his Super Dragon Final Smash is formidable!) or Toon Link but I can use all characters in any Brawl. My weakest is probably Olimar but I can still kick keester with him when necessary :D

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you for explaining this to me. I've known that using the same attack will weaken it, but I never would have guessed that using one of the PT's pokemon too long would weaken it too. I guess that makes sense. If the creators wanted you to only play as one of them if you wanted, they would have made them separate characters or allowed using just one per battle. Now it seems the PT is a more advanced character. You can't just be a speed master or power master because having to switch means you need to be good at both! Now I see why a lot of people don't have him as a signature: they can't use their preference and are forced into using different styles throughout each battle. I wonder if he's harder to use then Jigglypuff...? Oh well. She's my preference and I'm sticking with her after all our time together. I appreciate all the interesting facts you provided for me. Later!