The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Time Warp

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I just meant some folks carry mp3 players, pens, cigarette lighter, cell phones, pda's nintendo ds's or such in their pockets.  Though those who will be in dino form instead may not have those things.

Also for those playing themselves in another body, is there a rough size range you'd like the players to stick to?

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I think for players that decide to stick with their human shape, things like lighters, mp3players and other things could be carried, but since players will be transported to another space-time with no way to replenish or repair things, you must be careful, think in something similar like Battlestar Galactica or Star Trek: Voyager.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What happened? This was supposed to be the RP thread.

I guess someone should make a new thread in the LBT RPG section to put this RP in.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think Aves said he would do that when he starts it.   I wonder if I should do myself as a dino.  I'll see how the opening post goes and decide then.  I will continue to do the 3 I already said I would do regardless though.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
We should put a deadline on when we start. This RP has been delayed for well over a month.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No need for that, depends on Aves's schedule.  Some folks are busy at times then others are.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What I mean is that Aves should put a deadline on this. He should also mold it around his schedule without interfering with everyone else's.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
if you read back a few posts, you'll see that there's been some planning for how this RP needs to be started.. I will be posting some important details soon enough of how it will work.. this information will be later tonight if ya'll dont mind the wait =)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I was wondering, if folks are doing a dino version of themselves do you have a max size you prefer folks to be to keep them within a certain maximum power level?

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
its something to think about, I suppose

but eveyone may want to hear me out when I explain the intro post

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sure, I'll wait and decide of I'll do me as a dino or not.  I"ll still do Mim, Chomper, and either Diver or if no one wants to do Ducky I will do her instead.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I personally think that there should be a cap on how many posts per day for this RP. We should also invite anybody to come whenever they want to.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That'll between the person who wants in and the person running the thread.  Certain points of the rp it's easier to let someone in, other points it's pretty hard.  There may be certain points where the person has to wait before they can inter the rp.  

Number of posts per day are good where there are either a lot of folks in the rp where some could post a page between only 2-3 players only, or where there may be some who really want to rp in the thread but don't have a lot of time to post per day.  But I'm sure some folks already brought that point up, good reminding some though case any may forget and the other members interested in this can put their opinions here.

I also like the idea of having a type of rp thread sometimes that others who usually don't rp, may have a chance to try to rp.  This may attract some who may never, or seldom, have rped before.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright, so I decided to use my comversation with Chiletrek from last night to explain how this RP is going to work.. granted this is a huge spoiler, everyone needs to know how this will work for it to function just right..

here's the chat, and yes, I got Chilletrek's permission to use this comversation =P

[23:32] Chiletrek: mmm, time travel, like some of the Star Trek episodes?
[23:32] AvestheFox: well, what I had in mind for the intro of this RP was a bit more magic related
[23:33] AvestheFox: shall I go into detail?
[23:33] Chiletrek: ok :D
[23:37] AvestheFox: okay, my character, (playing myself) makes a trip to a Magic Store (it actually exsists here in my town, a place where they sell magic books, candles, wands and what not) to buy some inscense. The witch that leads this store makes an offer to me, knowing my fascination about magicked items and relics (the untrue part, is that I dont know this witch that well, nor she) a type of Wishing Stone. Me being a bit tight on budget declines until she offers a reasonable price and I accept the offer and finally buy it just to silence the old woman... she goes on to explain to me that the stone exsisted in her family for several generations, and it had the power to grant three wishes (continued, please wait)
[23:42] AvestheFox: since she spent her three wishes already and lost use of this rock, she felt it was tiome to pass it on to someone else.. namely me. I thought nothing of the item, like most items of this sort, I figured it was just another hoax of sorts, but I put it into my pocket and go about my business.. I buy the inscense and make my way home... once there I decide to get on the net and browse my usual messages. I set the stone aside on the table nearest me and I go about my ways, browsing forums, e-mail and what not.. I finally get to the GoF and read a topic where someone writes about a possible crossover, concerning bringing GoF members into the Actual Valley that we know... I jokigly respond "Dont we all wish we could do that?" .. without realizing what I've ust done, I used the word Wish near a supposedly powerful wishing stone... and henseforth, it started to use its magic to make this wish a reality... I and several others who participated in this thread is instantly swept away into this universe
[23:43] Chiletrek: wow
[23:44] AvestheFox: once in this alternate reality, and after a while of goggling over our wherabouts and what not, I realize that the stone was still nearest me, it had tumbled a good ways down a small cliff... this stone will aid in a plot from there on, some cetain villain characters will try to get their hands on this piece
[23:45] AvestheFox: and we all have only two wishes left.. one wish would have to be for our return
[23:45] AvestheFox: but that about sums it all up
[23:46] Chiletrek: and it can be an interesting twist if the bad guy grabs the stone to make awish
[23:46] Chiletrek: who kknows, the GoF may need to decide what to do, to fix things oir to return home

questions anyone? We still need to talk a bit more, I think before we officially start this

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
That sounds soooo cool! I can't wait for this to start, now we obviously know who is RPing with us by now, so am I to assume we all get pulled into the LBT through the poser of the stone?

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 You can say so, this spoiler can give the players the chance to prepare their characters when the RPG starts, like what are they doing, and what kind of things they have at hand that could be useful later in the story (who knowsthat may be possible but Aves must decide that).
 And I really hate typos, I had no idea I made that much! :lol .

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting, may help explain why some wind up in bodies that are not their own.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just thought of something...most of us taking part in this rp are at least 18 and over...so for those of us who are taking a dino form...uhh...will we be the same size as the gang, or since we're older will our dino forms be older as well?

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
okay, y'all convinced me that human form is out of the question

we will all appear there as dinosaurs of our own choosing and at the default age group of the original gang.

that means same size as the gang, our own childhood voices, but yet the same knowledge and IQ of our former human selves.

how does that sound?

anything else is rendered obsolete unless spoken against

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
SO you're saying it'll be easier for everyone to just assume a dino form instead of being human? Cause in my last post I was just asking about size difference, with most of us being older than the gang.