The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land before Time - Defenders of GV Part 2

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
"The night of everlasting darkness is drawing closer..."

First, let me thank everyone who took part in the previous adventure!
It wouldn't have been possible without you!
Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be writing a summary for part one when I have the time.

!!!NEW PLAYERS TO PART 2 ARE MORE THAN WELCOME!!!
Just post your request here!

Part 2's plot:
!NOTE:Part 1 will end in just a few posts!
The youngsters in the Valley will be searching for the corrupted Longtail.
Not knowing where to search, the Blue fastrunner Blueberry have decided to lead the group to a hidden valley that since long have been forgotten.
Two youngsters, Zaine and Dante, wandered off on their own, and are now captives in the hands of Longtail and the mysterious dark dinosaur Hadrian.
Will the group get to them in time? Will they be able to break the corruption in Longtail? What has happened in the Mysterious beyond? And what are the ambitions of Hadrian?
These are the questions that will be revealed when our friends journeys...

Into the Night

-----------------------------------------------

The same rules in part 1 applies to part 2 aswell. I'll write them down when I have more time. Might be re-written.

New for this part is battles. Alot of battles will occur. Both between OCs and "uncontrolled characters".
Make sure to plan your moves in the battles well, so that we can avoid as much confusion as possible! Send PM's to eachother and alike.

New OCs are welcome. If you want to anounce them by suprise as the story goes, you'll have to PM the GM (Lillefot) in advance.

Discussions on this RP goes in this topic. Try to keep it that way.
If I have missed something, don't hesitate to tell me here.

---------------------------------------------------------

And... for those who took part in part 1...
If you would like to, I would be very glad if you could write your toughts of this RP saga so far. "Dawn" was my first RPG as GM, ever.
I would be very glad to hear your toughts, what I did good, and maybe less good. All for the benefits of better "GMship" in part 2. I can only get better you know! :oops You can write it here in this topic and I'll read them.

---------------------------------------------------------

Other than that, I wish you good gameplay and I hope we can have the same fun as we had in part 1.
Hopefully even better! :)

Good hunting everyone!
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
You can count me in for this one! I can't wait to see what happens to Zaine and Longtail's friendship through this experience.

I really enjoyed "Dawn" a lot! The story was very compelling, and it could definitely fit into a fanfic or even a movie :blink: . For your first RP in this forum, I give a 120000000000000/10 :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I enjoyed things so far, thought I got a bit confused towards the end.  

I know of 1 player that is thinking of adding in a character or 2 into part 2.  Not sure if he's pmed you yet but I"ll ask him next time I see him or pm him.  

I thought one could not rp the adults at all.  I guess by sub story you mean like in the 5th lbt movie where thought the movie, of course, focused on the gang, they did go back to their parents and grandparents for short scenes to show their reactions & such.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 As we talked on MSN, I want to join this rpg, for that I want to bring my 2 ocs Cayso and Racnar. As you may know they are kids so there should be no problems :DD .
 Well, now I have a bit more of time so I'll be taking a looks for news, announcements and instructions. Keep it up with the rpg.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I also wonder if you'll open any fc's that seem to not have any players at the end of part 1 up again so some of those with just 1 kid char, or who have none but may want to rp can try to do one of the fc kids.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I greatly enjoyed this RP in particular! For your first time, you did a SUPERB job of GMing. I do look forward to seeing part 2 up and running soon!

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It was a well done RP!  Dante and the others can't wait for the next section!

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I¥ll definitly be in for the second one. I may bring a new OC (sharptooth), or two in. Not sure about this yet.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Rules, part 2.

Magic: Let yourself be corrupted, Simple huh? PM GM (Lillefot) and Voil·, we'll fix it.

Battles: See above, try and avoid power gaming, like: "Dinosaur instantly killed other dinosaur using tail whip", etc etc...

---------------------------

We'll keep playing the FC's that we currently have. If anyone would like to play other FCs, post it here. As usual, first come first serve.

New OCs also welcome. "Don't take more than you can eat" though.

---------------------------

Chiletrek, yep we have spoken. They're more than welcome, post about them here or link them. :)

Nimrod, no problem matey. The same applies to you as for Chiletrek.

Kor, sure thing.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I may be wrong, but I think the FC's that lack a player may be Ducky, Spike, & Chomper.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Nov 20 2008 on  03:04 PM
I may be wrong, but I think the FC's that lack a player may be Ducky, Spike, & Chomper.
I thought you had Ducky? At firts, Mumbling had her.
Spike is controlled by NeptuneNavigator2001; however, he hasn't been around for some time. And the only thing Spike does is eat and sleep so...

Speaking of sleep... Chomper is controlled by Nimrod and is currently sleeping on Littlefoot's back.  :^.^:

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 It is good to get track of all the characters, that should make things easier and avoid confussions.
 About my characters, in this link are the bios for Cayso and Racnar. I do have more characters, but I have them for my own storyline for now.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...topic=567.60
 Any questions I'll be happy to answer and I am open to suggestions too.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No, I've never had Ducky for this.    I've been doing Diver, an oc twin sister of hers.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm getting way too anxious for this next part to begin. When everyone gets a chance we need to wrap up "Dawn" ASAP. I'm just so excited about this next installment.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
You want me to write a summary?

Yeah, I wonder how we should finish off.

As LBTfan13 has gone on vacation over thanksgiving, I said to him that we could wait. If not only for him, then atleast for new people to join, or others to follow up with the story and develop their OCs. :)

I can't wait either. Quite frusterating, as I can start it anytime I like! :wow

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I also had a theory regarding part 3. Since it's not set in GV, and only humans are in it, I've had small thoughts about starting it parallelly with "Into the Night".
That way, people that are eagerly waiting for that part wouldn't have to sit down waiting for us to end part 2. And, part 4 could start immediatly after these two are done.
But I'm not 100 % sure.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ahhh...okay now I understand...with this new found information I'm sure I can push my eagerness aside and wait for a short while...at least until we get some new members, and wait for LBTfan13 to return.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess you'd need to have a discussion for part 3 separately then maybe if you did that.  That is 1 good idea if part 3 is suppose to be more or less occurring at the same time as 2 why not have the 2 run at the same time.  Though they may not both end at the same time.  A separate one for2 and 3 would allow some with questions to ask them.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's what I thought, and I think it's a good idea. It would sync well with the plot. For both parts. Lets see what you others have to say?

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've been thinking, and I find it a good idea now.
Maybe I should poll it, but it might be a waste.

It would be all better for everyone Ithink, if I were to launch both at the same time.