The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldier's Sequel Discussion

Serris · 213 · 16083

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Since the first Darwin's Soldiers is wrapping up nicely. I was wondering if I should make a sequel.

The secondary villains, the Dragonstorm scientists, have not been dealt with. I am considering making the sequel focused solely on them. I haven't quite decided what to do yet with them.

This will also be the place to discuss plot twists and events for the sequel RP once it gets off the ground.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I think, in the original RP, we should capture them by using auxiliary control to seal their room and drastically lower the oxygen levels, causing them to pass out. In the sequel, they could escape from prison or something.

Also, if the government shuts Pelvanida down because of the events in the original, the Dragonstorm scientists could hole up there to complete their plot. Our characters would have to travel to the old abandoned base to stop them.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The only problem is that the secret lab does not show up via any control room and is not affected by attacks on the lab infrastructure, hence why the power outage didn't affect the secret lab.

----

And it would be interesting that our characters are the only ones who know about it and have to stop them. Justification: Government doesn't know their projects exist. And the abandoned base would be much different than the currently active one.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
James knows it's near the cafeteria. We have no personnel over there, so we can just lower oxygen levels everywhere in the section. I'm just trying to find some way to wrap that plot line up, yet leave it open for a sequel.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You should have the abadoned base be in really bad shape, a perfect place for bad guys to hide out, as it is too dangerous for pursuit, the whole thing could collaspe at any time.. in the aridged version of the rp, most of the base did collaspse...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I have a way to also know where the base is.  After Cale, Slash, and Agito were captured, they were taken there, maybe...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah that could work. If you guys want I could perhaps play a new character  who is being trained by the Pelvanida guys..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Go ahead, it's always nice having more players.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'll play a female character named Aisha. Aisha Tennes. She's 18, has a military background, Father was an admiral. She's smart, VERY smart, but raw. So she's assigned to Train under the Pelvanida guys..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Pelvanida guys aren't soldiers and I don't see why they would be training soldiers; training lab assistants or new scientists, yes, but soldiers, no.

Only the guards are military.

And, I'm trying to aim for a one against many slant. The heroes have to fight against a huge force (the rogue scientists and their allies, possibly guards or even rogue soldiers who are on the whole Dragonstorm thing and want it realized at all costs).

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sorry I keep blending military with civilian :slap  I'll have her a be a scientist then.. expert in molecular reconstruction.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have a basic plot line for the sequel. The villains will be the Dragonstorm scientists/experiments and rogue soldiers and corrupt administrators who are in on the illegal experiments and want them continued at all costs.

The Dragonstorm scientists have been captured and sentenced to life in prison but thanks to a corrupt general (or high level executive) they are released and given menial jobs back at Pelvanida.

Little do the heroes (I'll let you add more characters) know, the Pelvanida administrator (alluded to in the original RP) is in on the whole Dragonstorm experiments and wishes to see the project come to fruition. He will be the main antagonist.

When the experiments are at risk of being revealed; the entire complex is locked down and sealed off from the outside world.

The original characters are the only ones who know about Dragonstorm but the government does not believe them. They have to somehow force their way back into Pelvanida and stop Dragonstorm with help from the other scientists and experiments.

Now the only thing I have to do is cook up the rule set and the title.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
How about "Darwin's Soldiers 2: War for Pelvanida"?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hmm. I like that title but I'll see if anyone else has ideas.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Nick22,Feb 27 2009 on  04:55 PM
Sorry I keep blending military with civilian :slap  I'll have her a be a scientist then.. expert in molecular reconstruction.
She could be an assistant, or a scientist-in-training. Zachary was an assistant in the original RP. That way she could still be sent there to be "trained" just not in military.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Feb 28 2009 on  12:29 AM
I have a basic plot line for the sequel. The villains will be the Dragonstorm scientists/experiments and rogue soldiers and corrupt administrators who are in on the illegal experiments and want them continued at all costs.

The Dragonstorm scientists have been captured and sentenced to life in prison but thanks to a corrupt general (or high level executive) they are released and given menial jobs back at Pelvanida.

Little do the heroes (I'll let you add more characters) know, the Pelvanida administrator (alluded to in the original RP) is in on the whole Dragonstorm experiments and wishes to see the project come to fruition. He will be the main antagonist.

When the experiments are at risk of being revealed; the entire complex is locked down and sealed off from the outside world.

The original characters are the only ones who know about Dragonstorm but the government does not believe them. They have to somehow force their way back into Pelvanida and stop Dragonstorm with help from the other scientists and experiments.
LB&T, I never got your feedback on the plot of the sequel.

This will be a little different in tone as the heroes have to invade Pelvanida Complex and all defenses will be turned against them.

There are no terrorists in this sequel but feel free to allude to them.

I haven't quite figured out how to implement the new characters (both those in the locked down complex or those invading). I'm also not sure what to do with the old characters. I'll be happy to take suggestions.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Sounds good. One thing we'd need to establish is why the heroes aren't working at Pelvanida anymore. Possibly the same high level official responsible for freeing Dragonstorm is also responsible for distancing those who stopped them last time.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
LB&T, your fan fiction provides a perfect reason to why the heroes are not at Pelvanida: they were fired to avoid attracting publicity.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Another rule change is that scientists, soldiers and cyber/psi experiments can either be pro or anti-Dragonstorm.

Dragonstorm experiments sport 1 psi and 1 cyber enhancement (up to 3 total in any combination). They are always with the enemy.

I'm also going to eliminate the distinction between which groups can use what weapons (only exception is that mounted weapons and armored vehicles are still limited to soldiers). The reason is because I had Zachary (scientist) in the original RP use a bazooka then an RPG (I broke my own rule. Oops).

Once I fully compose the rule set; I'll post it here. This is brainstorming and area for feedback.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hey, in theme with the Darwin title, why don't we call the sequel Darwin's Soldiers 2: Survival of the Fittest ?