The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldier's Sequel Discussion

Serris · 213 · 16163

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Caustizer, I "pseudo-started" the invasion; the Dragonstorm scientists have intercepted a transmission that implies that the Canadian government has requested a strike on Pelvanida and that the US president has authorized the strike and is assisting.

And yes, Ridley was killed when Hans shot down the last Cayuse helo.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I forfieted the rights to the invasion a couple of pages back in the DW2 RP thread, but it appears to have gone unnoticed.  Right around now is the time for midterm exams at the university, and this is taking up 95% of my time, with the other 5% devoted to eating and sleeping.

While I'm here though, I might as well get things rolling.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
All you forfeited was your right to control any of the soldiers. You can still initiate it.

Also, MK, LB&T, Nick, Starfall, Noname, Caustizer, will you be present for the next one? It'll probably start in 2-3 weeks. Planning discussion will occur once this is finished and I plan for it to be finished in roughly 1 week.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Count me in for part 3...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'll be ready for part 3, but please, don't feel bad taking your time getting to the actual infiltration of Lab 101. Remember, James and his friends are going to have to find out where it is, and then infiltrate it, and they probably won't meet Shelton and Kerzach straight away.

I'm still taking midterms and studying, so I don't want to be in the RP from the beginning. I'm content to wait until the time comes where James has actually reached Lab 101 before jumping in with Shelton.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sure I'll join Darwin's Soldiers 3, but make sure you leave a character list so I know who (and what animal/experiment) everyone is.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Okay, the Invasion of Pelvanida has started but the squad that subdued Dr. Bailey and Dr. Zanasiu are just arguing and I'm not sure how to actually get the fireworks started.

I was thinking one of the tanks that tried to intercept Lab 101 makes its way back to Pelvanida and they tell what happened and they decide to kill Dr. Zanasiu and his group because they mistook them for Dragonstorm personnel.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Isn't Hicks still stuck at Pelvanida? He could claim Zanasiu and crew are responsible for the bomb and get the SWATS to side with him.

On an unrelated note, I've added the bit about Shelton'c face being cut up because I can use that to justify why nobody recognizes him as Shelton; his face will be cut up with scars. I was also thinking a cut to the larynx could cause his voice to deepen, but I'm not sure on that point yet.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^ That would just lead to them being arrested, not the huge firefight that Caustizer thought of.

I just thought of an idea:

Hicks, who was left behind at Pelvanida, spots some special forces troopers entering through another part of the base and he will radio Dr. Bailey. He will then approach the troopers and claim Zanasiu and crew are responsible for trying to destroy Pelvanida with the 50 megaton bomb. Hicks will then concoct a story about how another scientist, a guard and himself had disarmed the bomb but the turrets protecting the bomb killed his two companions.

A little bit later, Dr. Branston uses a phony radio transmission to trick the special forces into responding with lethal force against Dr. Zanasiu's group. He will claim that Dr. Zanasiu and his group took hostages and he was the only one to escape.

------------------------

Personally, I think the option that makes the most sense is the surviving tanks make their way to Pelvanida and as a result of them mistaking Dragonstorm with Zanasiu's crew, the special forces troopers will respond with lethal force (including the armored vehicles).

-----------------------

A cut to the larynx would probably cause Shelton to become mute.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The only purpose I had planned for the Canadian Tank Division was to "mistakenly" encounter the Dragonstorm 101 convoy, catch them with their pants down, and eliminate most of them in the resultant battle.  I had hoped that it was the moment where the bad guys were to finally be taken down (considering justice has evaded Dragonstorm since the first line of DS1) but Serris decided that wasn't the case.

After the brutal vehicle to vehicle fight outside Las Vegas the operation is effectively over for the four surviving tanks and crews and command recalls them to the Carson City base to lick their wounds and write up a report.

The American military is the only faction that enters Pelvada (as their government understandably prefers, they don't want another nations military finding out their secrets) so I would prefer that the Canadian Tank division isn't dragged into this as bait.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Understood. The Canadian tanks will return to Carson City Camp.

Erm, where is Sgt. Clyco? Will he partake in the final battle?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Serris,Oct 26 2009 on  11:12 PM
A cut to the larynx would probably cause Shelton to become mute.
Well, scratch that then. I could have sworn I read a story where something happened to alter a person's voice.

I like both of the ideas for getting the firefight, and remember there's no reason both can't happen.

On a side note, Hans was still a security guard at Pelvainda, and would probably try to use that to prove he, and therefore his friends, must be good guys. Of course this wouldn't work, but it sounds like something a staff member would logically try.

What exactly is the point of the firefight? What is James trying to accomplish? I had thought James would be trying to stop the bomb and the army was unknowignly getting in the way, but now the bomb is off. Of course, Hicks could always turn the bomb back on, re-endangering Pelvanida.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Caustizer on  
I would say that after what happened to Clyco's team it would also make sense for the Canadian and American governments to, say, arrange for a platoon of tanks to be redispatched to the scene instigating a firefight.

I assume that since Clyco's VIP died, the Canadian government thinks that Pelvanida is guilty and with the aftermath of the Vegas chase, the US government thinks that Pelvanida  gone rogue and they have to stop it.

Basically, the firefight occurs because the US government thinks Pelvanida has gone rogue and they have to neutralize the rebels (James and his team) and retake the base.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
very interesting ideas guys.. so the invasion occurs they retake the base and then branson reactivates the bomb?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The bomb cannot be reactivated, the power has been cut.

The RP ends after the invading forces are defeated and the heroes escape Pelvanida.

I may make a discussion topic for the sequel sometime this week or next week. The sequel will probably start mid-November.

I will give some details about the final installment:

It is more "wide ranging" (based off the Insane Cafe 3 and LB&T's Pavlov's Checkmate). This means that the characters are not confined to a certain area. Makes sense because they have to search for the lab.

It is set not in Nevada, but in Washington or Oregon state.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I had aisha shoot hicks in the left leg.. i hope that is alright, if not i will edit it out...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
^Ooh, [censored]'s happening now.

I don't see why not, I mean, with Hicks here, he's not going to be with Lab 101 for the thrid RP? Unless Serris had planned to use Hicks as a way to locate Lab 101 in the future.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hicks will not survive into the next RP.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ok, So I basically blew off his left leg.. and someone else either one of our guys will kill him or the special forces will catch on later and kill him..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Sorry I haven't been active lately. I'll be able to participate more starting Wednesday of this week... I had midterms and projects... still have to do some...