The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldier's Sequel Discussion

Serris · 213 · 16085

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I don't think anyone except Serris and Nick still have characters in the RP. You two could probably bandy back and forth until it's over. Or are we waiting for Noname?

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
We are waiting for Noname and Caustizer (Corporal Stern and Sgt. Clyco, respectively).

Not sure if Kenjiro wants to participate in the final battle or not but since his characters flew away from Pelvanida in helicopters and the Vegas chase lasted a few hours, they are probably too far away to sensibly come back to aid the group.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The best I could probably do is have what happened to the group afterward and probably have some surveillance/air strikes in the area.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm willing to wait for Nioname and Caustizer..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kenjiro, you can participate in that way too.

Noname and Caustizer, when are you ready to post? I do not want to pressure you but at the same time I feel like I am being impolite if I finish the RP without you.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There is something that annoys me about 'Dragonstorm'.

It's not the extent of their villiany or the details of their goals I'm concerned about, it's that they appear to be nearly invincible enemies that can suddenly pull out the solution to every problem from their pocket.

This is similar to the bad guys in James Bond, except that they aren't very campy or entertaining in the process.

A specific example would be the chance encounter of the column of Canadian Tanks in the desert... it felt to me that it was just a game of "oh you think you can do that eh? Well take a look at what I got in my pocket."

What got me the most out of this has to be sudden procurement of the most advanced anti-tank weapon in the world (and 5 of them, worth hundreds of millions of dollars) inside the mobile lab, as if Dragonstorm was expecting an ambush of advanced armoured weaponry.   What if I made the attack a roadblock instead, would Dragonstorm suddenly procure Gatling Guns too?  What about an Airstrike, would they pull out Anti-air missles from the back cubburds?

Come on, its nearly the end of the RP... why not have your bad guys at least sweat a little bit to make them pay for the horrible things they have done?  :yes

For the ambush, I could have been really evil and had them attacked by experimental Mirage Tanks which annialate the entire convoy in seconds with their bouncing Spectrum Beams, while remainly completely invisible to any would be attackers - but that would have been plain mean.  Dignify me with some progress in hampering your villians, and it would make the story more interesting at the same time  :smile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Fine by me, I guess, if it works. But haven't they already got away? This seems it would have been a valid point had you brought it up a few weeks ago, but Lab 101 is away, and the only Dragonstorm left is these four dudes in a Humvee, which, I recall, you came up with the plan for their escape. How do you want to hamper them now?

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just commenting for future RPs, or any other planned ambushes.  I wanted to make sure I brought it up so the matter gets the attention it deserves.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Dragonstorm gets its comeuppance in the third RP. As the grand finale, I sure hope they do.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I will come out and say outright that those weapons were developed by a Dragonstorm scientist.  

And remember, Dragonstorm is EXTREMELY paranoid and if they made part of the base capable of breaking away (complete with armor plating and roof autocannons), then I would not be surprised if they carried heavy weaponry inside.

And the Gatling Gun equipped SUVs do exist in real life: http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/tech...ws/4221601.html

Remember that the battle severely damaged the back area and ruined 3 out of 5 of their AT missile launchers and they are running low on ammo. Their ability to fight is severely hampered, not to mention both fuel tanks are destroyed.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Small thing, but two small changes have been made to Pavlov's Checkmate, now that it takes place after the third RP. Some of the opening scene was updated, and two lines were added to Shelton and James' text conversation.