The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldier's Sequel Discussion

Serris · 213 · 16082

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Hey, welcome back Kenji! Feel free to jump in whenever.

And yes, it was assumed that your characters survived the first part and are now trying to live a life as normal as possible.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Okay!  I'll revamp my chars' profiles and fill in how they "left" earlier in the RP.  I got a total of five chars for the story:  3 good guys you know, a Dragonstorm experiment, and a shady guy that seems to be involved with the Dragonstorm conspiracy.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
LB&T, I can work a way to bring Shelton into the RP.

What will happen is a soldier from the Cobalt Squad will mention Shelton offhandedly. General Moby of Carson City Camp will the attempt to contact Shelton and apprise him of the situation. If Shelton accepts, a plane will be dispatched to pick him up from Europe  and he will be helicoptered into Pelvanida.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
That sounds great. I've been following the RP, so I'd love to get to jump back in.

I'm still getting readjusted to the Forum life, so don't feel any pressuring need to force me into the RP quickly. When the time is right to get me back in, I'll be here.

Also, shouldn't we ask the others if they're okay with me jumping in like this?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ok, before LB&T gets back into the RP, I need to ask for everyone's permission for him to return.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Why need my permission?  He's welcome anytime anyplace.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Serris,Jul 27 2009 on  08:40 PM
What will happen is a soldier from the Cobalt Squad will mention Shelton offhandedly. General Moby of Carson City Camp will the attempt to contact Shelton and apprise him of the situation. If Shelton accepts, a plane will be dispatched to pick him up from Europe  and he will be helicoptered into Pelvanida.
If we wanted to avoid the lengthy time issues the plane trips would cause, we could pretend they happened "offstage." What I mean is, James and co. could contact or be contacted by Gen. Moby, with part of the conversation going something along the lines of:

Gen. Moby: "Don't worry, if things get tough know that some help is along the way."

James: "Help? Who?"

Gen. Moby: "Just someone I recall being mentioned during the briefing. Moby out."

Then, when Shelton does show up, he can explain that he was contacted and flown here by plane. Gets the exposition out of the way. How does that sound?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Perfect. I could start it in right now but you don't have to jump in immediately (remember Shelton will be helicoptered in).

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wouldn't he at least get something to cover him?  It took a big distraction for everyone else to get inside.  Like two UAVs and two Blackhawks... ;)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mirumoto_Kenjiro,Jul 28 2009 on  10:28 PM
Wouldn't he at least get something to cover him?  It took a big distraction for everyone else to get inside.  Like two UAVs and two Blackhawks... ;)
Remember, that Feral's team will be disabling the fusion reactor. The base defenses do not work without power.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Oh, I forgot about this. While I was gone, I found this buried amongst old school stuff. I have no clue when or where I wrote this, but it reminded me of Darwin's Soldiers. I must have been interested in this kind of story long before I thought! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Microcosm.jpg (Unfortunately, I can't find the rest of the comic. I guess we never find out what happens to the two men.)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hmm. Truth be told, this was somewhat inspired by the Furtopia RP The Spreading Hazard.

Also, that Microcosm comic reminds me of the sublevels at Pelvanida.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here's the tally for the people who say LB&T can join:

Nick: yes
F-22: yes (dropped out of RP)
Starfall: yes
Kenjiro: yes

Starfall and Nick, I assume you are still playing. My characters are waiting for your responses.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Just to let you guys know I'll be away until next week.  See you then!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sure LBt can join..whenever he feels up to it
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Woo hoo! Ready whenever the plot dictates! (We might want the foreshadowing phone call or something so it's not totally out of the blue)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Here's my character profile:

Name: Dr. Rudyard "Rudy" Shelton
Species: Human
Faction: Scientists
Specializations: Great understanding of physics, technology, and (to a limited extent) temporal mechanics. He often uses analogy and historical references in his dialogue.
Powers/Cybernetic enhancement: none
Appearance: Dark haired and brown eyed, on the taller side, now with an unkempt beard from his days in Austria. Wears contact lenses.
Personality: Marginally sarcastic, but usually doesn't talk unless he sees a reason to. Attempts to solve any problem with logic, almost to a fault. Has no intention whatsoever of risking his life for anyone or anything, thank you very much.
Equipment: Other than standard lab equipment (and no weaponry), also carries a chargeable flashlight that doubles as a radio.

This image show the flashlight in retracted form, and being opened into talkie mode. The crank doubles as a mouthpiece.