The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Potential RPG Idea

Noname · 1044 · 44770

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think my 2 characters will be a Dragonborn paladin and a dragonborn sort of sorceress.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I changed and am doing a Priestess (Cleric), & Sorcerer.  

I put the chars on a private forum, so I can make the char posts as long or short as I need without thinking it is to long.

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Turs_Cave/index...=0#entry2641194

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright.  Here is my first Chara I'll be using

Name: Akito Kiryusen
Race: Fauxen (anthromorphic red fox)
Appearance:  Akito wears a blue long-tailed coat, which has a slit up the back to his waist, from which his tail protrudes.  The sleeves of the coat are cut cleanly off, revealing strong, well-muscled arms.  He wears black long pants, which, despite the heat, seem not to bother him.  He also wears black, fingerless gloves.  His black hair is tied back in a long ponytail, with long bangs framing his face, and his ice-blue eyes.

Equipment:
Yamato:  Aki's favored weapon, this Fauxen katana is razor-sharp, and seems to be unbreakable and ever sharp.  The blade is rumored to have been forged by a demon.

Personality:
Akito comes off as friendly, if a bit sarcastic, but beneath the facade, he is calm, calculating, and ruthless in battle...

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I am a large Final Fantasy fan, so the characters I made reflect such, and I based them on actual Final Fantasy rules so they can be associated to the official series better, but I said "based" because I did tweak some things, so not to use from the series directly, with characters like Adelle, Hurdy, and such. I made these characters myself, using premade aspects.

I prefer Final Fantasy Tactics games more, and they do something unique. They tone down each class, but make up for it by letting you select two of them. Again, they aren't twice as powerful as characters from other games, since each class is more limited.

To be more original, I combined classes into most unheard of combinations, and some are even impossible for the games, considering the Pictomancer class is only available in Final Fantasy VI, no tactics one at all.

I prefer relatively weak characters, since I specialize in support over battle, although my characters do have offensive abilities at their disposal. Every spell I picked for each of them honestly is learned by one of classes each has, along with the usable weapons. I took some things out so not to be overwhelming with usable spells, but every spell I use is left unchanged.

I have reasons for things I did with them, for example the attack comparison for two of my characters which might raise an eyebrow. If it does, my stats are roughly based on the classes, and not so much age and gender. My stats are "base stats" meaning that those are what they excell in depending on the number between 1-10, not that a 10 means they are the ultimate in whatever that number is associated with.

Each of my characters are reflecting by a certain emotion based on their past, and as Final Fantasy is Japanaese, I ended up naming each character after the Japanese word for the emotion they represent. As for what happened in their past and why they are together, I feel that would fit better unfolding in the RP, not a biography of each on this post. Each emotion is the personality basis for each, so if it's anger, that character has a very short temper, and so forth.

I picked five more realistic spells for each character, chosen from what was available for the combination. I had to pick very limited ones, because for example the Heritor class has a spell that sacrifces the user to revive all the user's allies; too powerful to fit the given rules here.

Here are my characters, and they can be changed if something doesn't work out with any or all of them. Each of them is fairly thin, so that provides the general weight image that will come to mind with them; they are too poor to eat well, having no one to care for them but themselves. And of course, I know that some of these moves are still quite good, but I am well aware of succes rates, so you can expect the better moves to not work all the time.

Race- Human

Gender- Female

Height- 5' 9"

Starting Equipment-
Rod
Rags
Sandals

Classes:
Mimic
Blue Mage

Attack- 5
Defense- 4
Speed- 6
Special Attack- All vary
Special Defense- 8
Hit Points- 6
Magic Points- 7

Age- 21

Usable Weapons:
Most (Because of Mimic class ability)

Spells:
Varies (Mimic class using three class movesets of nearby allies by using the ability Mimic on him or her.)
Varies (Blue Mage class allows the learning of certain monsters' lesser spells by being struck with them without losing all health.)

Race- Human

Gender- Male

Height- 5' 11"

Starting Equipment:
Brush
Cure Staff
Rags
Sandals

Classes:
White Mage
Pictomancer

Attack- 1
Defense- 2
Speed- 7
Special Attack- (Holy is 5 to a living foe, 9 to an undead foe) (Sketch varies)
Special Defense- 7
Hit Points- 7
Magic Points- 10

Age- 17

Usable Weapons:
Staves
Brushes

Spells:
Sketch- Draws a copy of a monster currently engaged. It will come to life and use one of that monster's spells against the real one- the one the picture was modelled after.
Cure- Restores a little HP to an area. It also harms the undead.
Libra- Allows a character to find out an enemy's stats, HP/MP, and weaknesses.
Sight- This spell allows the player to view all general locations in the world, but not details in them like buildings or characters.
Holy- It deals holy elemental damage to a foe. It is also extra effective against the undead.

Race- Human

Gender- Female

Height- 5' 0"

Starting Equipment:
Harp
Knife
Robe
Shoes
Hair Ribbon
(Her equipment is higher quality because, being by far the youngest, the other two work hard to see that she is better taken care of than they are.)

Classes:
Heritor
Bard

Attack- 2
Defense- 3
Speed- 4
Special Attack- (Lennart is 8) (Viola varies)
Special Defense- 4
Hit Points- 4
Magic Points- 9

Age- 14

Usable Weapons:
Knives
Swords
Rods
Staves
Instruments

Spells:
Nameless Song- Grants a random positive status to those in an area.
Soul Etude- Restores HP and status in an area.
Magick Ballad- Restores 10 MP to an area, but is very costly for the user.
Lennart- Energy blast in straight line in front of user.
Viola- Ranged energy attack inflicting damage equal to the user's HP sacrificed to use this move.
Just a few more things to cover here. First of all, I am a committed RPer, but most here should know that I do not RP everyday, and when I do, it is usually just one post, but I am working on improving that. Therefore, as I have done in many RP's, my characters must spend a good deal of time away from the others, so if I don't return for a while, I won't hold anything up. I'm afraid that since only I know about these characters, I cannot double team on their control like I am in the Insane Cafe 3 thread. I can interact with others frequently, but I can't stay with them for very long.

Secondly, to make my characters powers a bit unique than standard RPG video games, each already knows all of their moves, but has trouble doing some of them yet. One might try a spell, but having little skill in using it yet, it may not work, or not work correctly, which I hope to use in humorous ways.

Finally, my trio here is not a copy of my trio in the RP Super Smash Bros. Collision. They represent frustration (Jigglypuff), worry (Rita), and concern (Mallow), although you will find similarities in treatment between the two groups.

That being said, I'll begin RPing here soon, sometime after my characters are approved by the RP starter, Noname. And over time, I will add more details to the descriptions these characters, as these ones are only my first draft. Later!

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Thanks noname for letting me to enter this rpg, as I told you, I am very busy with university stuff so I'll try to keep up with the rpg.
 Here is the bios for the character I'll be using:

Name: Eriol Dha'ar
Species: Gaean Black Panther
Appearance: A thin but muscular anthropomorphical black phanter. He has yellow eyes and several scars from many combats, but most of them are covered by his clothing. Since the time he arrived to the desert, he also wears custom sandals and a magic bracelet that will protect him from the intense heat. He uses a large crossbow to attack enemies at long-range and two small swords for close-range combats, but he is most capable to fight without the use of any weapons, or even of using anything he can find from his surrounding areas to his favor.

Personality: A quiet and distrusting traveller, Eriol's mind is foccused in a mission: to hunt down the one responsible for the death of his mate and the end of his dream to have a peaceful life.

History: Been the last known member of a very feared family of assassins, Eriol has a story of fighting and slaughtering enemies. That changed when he met his mate, an aristocrat Gaean Panther called Arianne.

They decided to make a life together and raise a family despite all odds, but happiness would not last forever, a rival warrior decided to kill Eriol and destroy the Dha'ar family for good only a few days after the birth of Eriol's son Isaac; in the confussion and heat of the fight Arianne is killed and Eriol is forced to flee with his son, claiming for revenge.

A few days later, Eriol leaves his baby son at the care of a friend of his and his family and departed in a quest to avenge his mate.

Recent clues he got took Eriol to the remote desert. Even though time has passed, the anger inside him has not diminished.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here is the way the dracons dress:

Male Dracons over the age of 14 can dress like humans do, minus any footwear, as Dracons don't use footwear at all.

Female Dracons who are adults wear a loincloth and a top. They may or may not wear other ornamentation or other very light clothing, but generally, they don't wear much.

Young Dracons under the age of 7 only wear a loincloth.

Male Dracons between age 7 and 14 wear a loincloth and pants.

Young female Dracons get a top when their mammaries start to develop.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I know the players here are really having a good time and this rpg even has a new player, that's awesome, but I'll be happy if the number of posts could be limited. Yesterday I had too many things to do, and this rpg had 20 new pages?... I also enjoy been here, but if this happen again I may not be able to catch up again and I may need to leave because my time is limited.
 Please don't consider this as a rant or anything, I like been here but we should try to keep the post at a better number.
 Thanks.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That sounds like it may be needed for the main rp.

If 2 or more players want to rp a night conversation a scouting mission, ect, where only some of their chars will be rping, away from the main group, and they want to rp this & they can post quickly and think it may up up being more then part of a page, even 2-10 pages or more, maybe they can do a side rp thread, instead of rping it in the main thread and can summarize this in the main rp as a part of a comment 1 or 2 people make.  

This may allow both to be satisfied.  The main folks who only rp in the main rp thread which may have some sort of limit on the posts so everyone can easily keep up & those who want or like to do frequent posts or want to rp something that may lead to a lot of pages can get that and those in the main group don't need to read this since it is in another thread and it can be summarized for the main rp thread.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah, Meta ans Noname, lets slow it down so the rest  can catch up...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Okay. I understand. I will work to limit the number of posts in a given session unless all players are currently in (a rare event.) I will try to keep it to no more than 10 pages per session on average. Thanks for that.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Character:  Isla Dunma
Age 25
 Race: Dracon
Gender Female
Height 6'0
 Ilsa is f noble birh, being one of 52 children. She wears a top and loincloth with a pouch next to the cloth. she is skilled in magic, and her family and father specializes in the arts. She is among the younger members of her family so she remains unmarried. She does have bisexual feelings, although she is not full-bore bisexual.  She wears golden circlets on her arms..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here is the link to the original source material... also made by me: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dracon_(4e_Race)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ok, I'll shorten her to say 5'6...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can do that if you want. Yes, The D&D wiki is a great site for posting stuff of this nature...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes it is, I understand if dracon culture frowns on female-female relations, but given their intolerance for the other  civilities of rule of law, fair treatment, and female equality.. having two females in relationship doesn't seem like that big a deal, especially whem males can have all the females they want..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: