The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sci-Fi RP anyone?

MrDrake · 75 · 4865

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice Jittery ^^

And, I believe I should bring up one of the villains, Blackbeard, a cyborg whom has taken on the guise of Blackbeard and terrorizing the known galaxy.  Finding him has been proven to be rather difficult as he never tends to stay in one place at any given time.

Yes, he's a space pirate that has other space pirates accompaning him in a space ship XD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, not really, as I thought that Raiven was a police officer....so far, I believe only Firefly is the only bounty hunter around.

Ah well, it's all good anyway, if you do have a character Kor, do share, I would like to know about said character ^^

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't have one at the moment.  I was going to try to start on one once I saw what the others were making and what type would fit in or be needed.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay, it's all good, you can take your time, no rush.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I"m not sure, a police detective, tech knowledgeable person, a well off or rich type, ect.  Also I assume someone in the group will own or have access to a ship so the pc's will have it?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, which do you feel comfortable with? I mean, to me, it doesn't really matter, I'd be happy with whatever you choose really.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm not sure.  The only types I can think of that may get involved in the plot would be some sort of cop, space patrol, bounty hunter, or those types.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, if you believe that any of them would work, go ahead.  Cause at the moment anyway, they would seem to be more of a better bet, fighting crime, mainly Blackbeards forces first.

So really, anyone who can fight would essentially be nice, even if they don't have weapons or anything and fights with their fists you know.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Lots of ways to fight, martial arts, with weapons, guns, fencing, ect.  

Doubt I'd like doing a bounty hunter and never rped as a cop before.   and an adventurer evil fighter doesn't seem to fit, so I guess that leaves me out.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
An adventurer evil fighter? Do explain that one, as I believe that he could fit in somewhere, perhaps as part of Blackbeard's crew.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I would think mercenaries, or hired guns would fit quite. People who make a living being paid to do others dirty work... and mercenaries are a common character type in a sci-fi setting.

You could also have a marine from an army force... or a pilot. Or perhaps some sort of special operative?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't do bad guys to well.  

Special operative? What do you mean?  

As for pilot I assumed both of the other chars were capable of piloting their own space craft.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I'd like to join this RP now. Please give me a quick recap and I'll make a character, and bring him into the plot.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, well, Earth is under attack from the Kre'Iax, lead by the alien warlord Zarcon.

Firefly who is my main character, is on the war ship at the moment trying to escape before it is blown to smitherines by the bomb she had left to go off.

Zarcon had retreated from the fight with Firefly as to not get caught in the explosion on the ship.

Raiven, Isodor and Whisper, who are Jittery's characters, along with Zoe, another character of mine, are meeting with the President of the United States in regards to the war that's going on.

So, it could be good to bring in your character into the White House actually, well, try and gain access at least first.....bloody bodyguards :lol:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've got plans for three characters, actually. Alpha, Delta, and Omega. Three androids with male design and programming. I'll introduce them as soon as I make them up.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alright. Here is the setup for the androids.

Alpha, Delta, and Omega were built by a mysterious group of engineers known as the Ecclesia. They were created to serve the causes of peace, morality, freedom, and justice, being programmed to offer assistance to whoever advances these causes, and oppose anyone who opposes those causes. The robots are equipped with:

-Superhuman strength and durability.
-Lasers (Alpha has red alpha lasers, Delta has blue delta lasers, Omega has green omega lasers)
-Ability to fly using jetpacks and extendable wings.
-The ability to repair themselves or any of the others two, but this takes him.
-Shielding from an electromagnetic pulse
-The ability to hack into other hardware
-Alpha has the ability to produce extra energy than it needs to operate, so it can re-energize a machine that needs more power.
-Delta has the ability to sustain energy, that is, make a charge last far, far longer than it ordinarily would. Very useful when Alpha cannot generate enough power to recharge something very big.
-Omega has the ability to steal energy from other machines.

Each android has an outer casing of white composite materials serving as a shield; there is no metal on their outer shells. Just underneath the white surface, there is a layer of depleted uranium which serves as an ultra-hard protective casing for the interior of the robot. Each of them has four limbs, five fingers, no toes, and a head which has a black visor and sensors which can detect visual input, audio, smell, air pressure, water pressure, radiation, the presence of poison, the amount of dust and pollen, the temperature, and can even detect taste upon contact with an item. Note that each robot has sensors all of its body, so even if it lost the use of the capital sensors in the head, it would not be fighting blind.

The lasers are mounted on the hands, and the jetpacks and wings are in the back. The wings are normally hidden in the jetpack, but they extend when the robot is about to fly. Each robot is powered by a miniaturized cold fusion reactor, and requires a recharge once every 20 years. The power system and the battery system are not the same; the fusion reactor can keep producing power for a very long time, but only a tiny fraction of what it will produce every time it is recharged is available at any given time. Energy created for the robot to use is stored in a battery and kept independent of the power system needed for basic operation. Use of lasers and superhuman strength take a toll on the battery. Flight is accomplished by means of an anti-gravity generator which also takes a toll on the battery.

All of the robots looks alike except for two major difference; Alpha has red markings on its head, shoulders, arms, and legs, Delta has blue markings, Omega has green markings. The other major difference is the big black letter on their chest. Alpha has the Greek letter Alpha on his chest. It looks like the capital letter A. Delta has his own Greek letter, which looks like a triangle. Omega's symbol looks quite different than the other two, as shown below.

A- Alpha
Δ- Delta
Ω- Omega

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cool.  :D

Now, if you could just work things so that the characters enter the gameplay smoothly, I can add them.

Thanks!

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Considering the current situation, I reckon they would be good to show up under the request of the president, in order to aid against the Kre'Iax threat. Or, whatever suits you, mate.