The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Power Rangers RP

LBTFan13 · 348 · 20671

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm interested.  If it's all good, I'd like to be the Blue Ranger.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like 2 colors are left.

I guess I should post info on the gold ranger, though he won't be rped to often.  And likely won't hang out with the other rangers, at least not at first and if their age differences is to high it would seem odd I'd think.  Though no reason he can't also like going to the juice bar that I think his name is Ernie, runs.  

And no he's not a kid.  I dislike the idea of a little kid ranger like they had in Turbo.  And I recently found out the japanese white ranger from what became season 2 here also was a little kid.  Yuk.

Not sure if Lbt13 would prefer I post info on the gold ranger or leave it a secret.  I'm easy either way.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Kor I'm fine with whatever you decide. If you feel that your character will be more effective if kept a secret, you can do that. Otherwise, you can certainly post your character info here.

Nice to have you with us Starfall! :D

We just need somebody for the remaining two colors and we will be good.

It might also be good for somebody else to play as Lord Zedd or Rita. I don't want to be hogging all of the important characters, but if nobody else wants them then I can take over Zedd.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I could try doing Rita.  I normally don't do villains well, but the ones in this case are so over the top they are very comedic.  That is if you want to be sure the main 2 are taken first & unless someone else would rather do Rita.  Then I can do one of the underlings of theirs.  One of the more useless comedic ones or something.

Not sure if Chiletrek is interested.   Also not sure if you'd want to wait till more join or you have more time LBTFan13 or a bit of both.  It would be nice to have all the colors taken, but there have been seasons where they started with less then 5 and added some rangers later on.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
most of the time here have been 5 although thy have added a 6th in other seasons.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
That is very true. I think we can start with the colors that we have, and then we can add more if people are interested later on.

I would send Chiletrek a PM and ask him if he's interested. We still have the yellow and green ranger spots open, so he could take one of those if he likes.

You guys can start posting your character profiles now if you'd like, just so we have them here. Just follow the profile skeleton I posted earlier.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
though not every season started off with 5.  Some started off with 3 or 4 and added some later.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
One thing I'm a little confused about, which I shouldn't be.

Are we all being Zeo rangers? Or are we using any type of ranger but merely having it take place during Zeo.

I assumes we were all going to be Zeo rangers since the RP is taking place during Zeo.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I assumed the others would be zeo rangers.  Not sure how to classify mine since original idea is original, though I could say he found a zeo crystal at some point before the rp.  That would only slightly alter his history I mentioned to you before.

I assumed the others would either be given the zeo morphers similar to how the first rangers were in the first episode of season 1, or they'd go on some sort of quest similar to how the season 2 or 3 rangers did to get the ninja powers with them questing together, or some other sort of quest maybe like the quest for the zeo crystals where each is alone in their own quest.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I think I can make the time to participate in this rpg, if I am allowed to. And I'd like to have the green color for the Power Ranger character. Still, I need to think on a bios for a character.
 As for the setting, since I heard it was during the Zeo period, then we might have Zeo Morphers and powers, but I also thought this was a re-imagination, so that would allow for new characters and enemies. Also, it could be a parallel story to the Zeo Rangers, just like we have seen Croosover episodes in the different seasons of the serie.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
that other idea may be the reason why first 2 attempts didn't work at making a power rangers rp since it was of mixed types like the forever red and once a ranger episodes.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
one question I have, are we using the characters from the show or making our own?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mine is an oc.  Do you prefer to do an oc or an fc or an altered fc?

Anyone else with some character ideas you're not sure of?

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Even though the previous idea of making our own style of Power Rangers (I still remember my OC for that one), maybe this new idea of making a fixed setting could make things more organized. If OCs are the characters that will be used, that can give more freedom, specially for people that has not seen the serie in years (like me).

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I agree with what you guys are saying in terms of why this RP didn't work in the first place, because we were all coming up with different types of rangers rather than having the same type. I think with this us all being the same type it will keep things organized as well.

Chiletrek, you can take your time in coming up with your bio. I still have to come up with mine as well, and I'll add you to the list for green.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True, original characters do give one a lot of freedom.  

Also most if not all of the power rangers episodes are up on youtube last I looked and there is someone on bliptv who is doing the history of the power rangers where he does videos about each season.  Each season of the power rangers he splits up into 2-3 episodes.  So far he has gotten up through Wild Force.  

They are mixed in with the rest of his videos.  His talking abut the first 4 seasons and the first part of his video about turbo are on the page at: http://at4w.blip.tv/?sort=custom;view=arch...;nsfw=dc;page=6  you can go backward from there to pages 5, 3, 1, to look for the rest if any are interested.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've updated the character profile and the character list post.

For all anybody who is NOT making a ranger character, ignore Ranger Color and Ranger Weapon in the profile skeleton. If you want to have an OC who is not a ranger but can still fight, then you can add a fighting style.

Also, I added an FC list so we can keep track of who's doing what. I left Zedd open in case somebody wanted to do him. Otherwise, I can certainly take control of him.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess the person who does Zordon can also do Alpha 5.  and I guess whoever does Zedd, Rita and Golda can do their more comedic underlings, forgot their names. Or maybe anyone can post as them if they get an idea for a funny line.  Fenster is mainly in his lab so doesn't really need a player I guess.  He can be handled the same I guess.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So are going to be starting the rp anytime soon>?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess the others lost interest in this.  If you want maybe just the 2 of us can do this.  I would not mind.