The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bionicle

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't know why I never thought of doing this any earlier. Since I'm clearly a Bionicle fan, it would make sense if I made a discussion topic about it.

One of the main reasons I'm making this topic is because I know that at least some of you have at least heard of Bionicle, but I would like to know how much you know about it. I'm interested if you follow the story, buy the sets, or do both (which is what I do). I'm also interested in hearing what you thoughts on it are, as well.

(P.S. This is my 1000th post! :wow )

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I used to follow the story and toy sets, then sometime after the Toa Horidika story/set I just seemed to lose interest and that was that.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I know so few about that, but I still have one of them... I am not sure about the name but I think is Rahkshi Kurahk... I have the white coloured one :DD .

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I still like bionicle. I had the six original Toa, but someone destroyed them. I didn't want to keep buying them and have them broken by someone again, so while I still like them and their story, I no longer puchase sets. (Sigh) Glad to know how much you like it too. However, with your vast knowledge of the subject, could you perhaps clear up the one thing about it that I didn't understand? It is in regards to Tahu's Hau mask of shielding. I read the vague description of what it does ten times, but I still don't understand how it works. It says that it protects him from attacks that he is aware of, but is uesless in surprise attacks and ambushes. I have thought of several explanations, but I doubt that any of them are accurate:
1. If he can see his opponent, nothing the opponent does can cause him bodily harm.
2. As long as he knows when and where someone will attack, he will be automatically protected from it.
3. If he is aware of a current attack, he can turn on his mask to protect himself, which I suppose would explain the ambush thing. But if he can turn it on and off, why ever turn it off?
I have other random ideas but I really don't need to list them all. So please, what exactly does his mask do?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The six original Toa as in the ones that were sold beck in 2001? Besides 2002 (or was it 2003?), there has always been six new Toa sets every year, and I've collected all of them.

How well do you follow the story? I've also collected all the books in the Chronicles(2001-2003), Adventures(2004-2005), and Legends(2006-2008) series, which basically tell the main parts of the story.

For your question about Tahu's Hau mask, I think explanations 1 and 2 work, but for  where you ask why turn off the mask power, I think I can explain why. Activating a mask power requires some mental concentration. Therefore, it would make sense why it would be difficult to keep it on all the time. It would also explain why it took the Toa Metru a long time to figure out how to activate their mask powers, as they had never used them before, at the time.

I am not sure about the name but I think is Rahkshi Kurahk... I have the white coloured one.

Yes, you have the correct name. The white Rahkshi is Kurahk.

- Berix

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
The six original Toa as in the ones that were sold beck in 2001? Besides 2002 (or was it 2003?), there has always been six new Toa sets every year, and I've collected all of them.
There was a toy store I used to visit all time. Whether the first six I saw were the very first ones or not, they were the first six that this store carried, so I assumed them to be the originals. I can tell you which ones this store had first and I guess you would then know what year they were from and if they were the first or not.
Tahu, Pohatu, Onua, Gali, Kopaka, and Lewa. And my favorite is definately Kopaka.
How well do you follow the story?
I am sorry to say that while I still like the story, my knowledge is highly oudated. I read quite a few comic books featuring the six I mentioned, but that was years ago and I really haven't a clue what's going on now. Honestly, those six toa are the only ones I'm really familiar with, despite knowing that there are many others. I'm still a fan, but I mostly just think about it from time to time and don't actually collect their merchandise anymore. It's still good to know someone that likes it besides me though. You're the first one I've met that collects them like I used to. Nice to meet you! Later.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, those six were the ones sold in 2001 and were the first group of six sets.

If you're interested in learning more about the entire Bionicle story and additional information, I'd recommend visiting this website:

BIONICLEsector01

It has a lot of information that I think the average fan wouldn't know about.

- Berix

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Dec 28 2008 on  05:36 PM
Yes, you have the correct name. The white Rahkshi is Kurahk.
Hello:
 And thanks for clearing this up for me :DD . As for the link you gave us, I'll take a look at it :yes .

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Feel free to use that link to catch up one whatever parts of the storyline you want to find out about, as long as you don't have a hard time finding them.

The last eight years of the Binoicle story have been great, and I feel that it is currently a good time for people to get into or back into the story, as an entirely new chapter in the story is to begin in 2009. All the new places and people will make it seem the first year again.

- Berix

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I had two friends who liked Bionicle. Brothers, actually.

But they always pronounced it "By-Oh-Nickel" so I looked like a total idiot when I pronounced it like that at Comicon. :slap

That's really the only exposure I've had with the storylines.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Thanks for all the info Chronicler, I'll see if I can catch some of the info about Bionicles, but no guarantees though :o .
 Right now I am far more excited to see the final chapters of Battlestar Galactica :wow . But with some luck, I'll be able to catch some of the Bionicle storylines :yes .

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just realized that if this topic is about Bionicle, I probably should at least post a link to the official Bionicle website.

BIONICLE The Official Web Site

Just so you know, that website was just recently updated for the start of 2009.

There's so much new information there, and yet I haven't even had the chance to check it all out yet! :o

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For those of you who don't know much about the Bionicle storyline, I recommend watching these two videos:

BIONICLE Retrospective
This is a brief summary of the storyline from the beginning back in 2001 to the start of 2008.

The Final Battle Animation
This one is less brief and describes some of the events in the second half of 2008.

If there are any parts you don't understand, either do some research or feel free to ask me (I'll probably give you answers that make sense).

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For those of you who might have been interested in playing any of the games on Bionicle.com that were from before 2008, I've got bad news: They were taken down just yesterday. This was most likely to make room for the new game expected to come sometime this month. Still, I enjoyed playing most of these games. At least it's nice to know that some people on BZPower.com made offline versions of these games available for download. (I'll wait until another time to download them)

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Has anybody heard about the new Bionicle movie that's going to come sometime in the autumn of this year? I just read about it on BZPower.com, and I can definitely say that I'm looking forward to seeing it. :D

- Berix

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was a big fan of Bionicle right up until after the Mask of Light movie. Then I kind of lost track of it. Still, I have all the comics up until 2004, and I still love the first few storylines, especially the original.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Is anyone else here a fan of Bionicle? :)

- Berix

Compy-Rex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Me!

I've loved Bionicle since 2001, when I first got Gali.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you're interested in learning more about Bionicle, feel free to check out some of the links I've posted in this topic.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Has anyone tried the new Glatorian game on Bionicle.com? It's been out for over a month now, but I wasn't able to try it out until just last week. It's a really great game, especially with its 3D graphics. You could either play it online (which requires a certain plugin), or you could download an offline version onto your PC or Mac.

- Berix