The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A sudden change of species

Ducky123 · 289 · 42446

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper, seeing dinosaurs he'd never seen before, instinctively tried to hide behind the tree. I hope they didn't see me! was running through his mind. Things were always so... unpredictable when he met someone new. Most of the time, newcomers were either scared of him, or tried to attack him. All of his friends were there, of course, but he still didn't want to take any chances. That little incident with Old One's herd was still fresh in his memory.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mimus hung his head a bit abashedly as Galli reprimanded him. "Yes..." he cleared his throat, stepping forward now. "Um... the stars have told us that each of you are going to get one wish!" he held up a finger now, growing serious. "To make this wish, you must not speak it aloud!" he instructed. "Merely, think about it very hard in your heads." he tapped his own head here with a finger. "One of you will already know the outcome of this ahead of time, however, but we can't reveal who this is." Mimus stated, looking at all of them now. "I'm sorry I can't be more specific. Now... if you would all close your eyes." he suggested, his smile once more returning, though it was more subdued this time as he took in a deep breath.

"Also... Chomper... if you could please come out!" Mimus called. "You're very important too, you know, and definitely a part of this!" he motioned with his hand, having seen him run off after they'd stepped out. He gave no indication how he actually knew Chomper's name, but calmly beckoned for him. "It's OK... we're not here to hurt you, and we certainly aren't here to get you in trouble, either." he explained.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"What the...?!" Cera's mind raced. The Threehorn didn't believe a single word of those gabbering Rainbow mugs.

"We need to think about this," she said as diplomatically as she was capable of, actually feeling like telling them to bugger off and quick. "May we have some time to... discuss this?"
Inactive, probably forever.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper popped his head out from behind the tree to get a better look at the newcomers. They both looked as calm as they sounded, so he came out.

He then joined in on Cera's conversation about these rainbowfaces. "Who are these guys? They say they know all of us, but I've never seen them before!"
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mimus nodded solemnly, and backed away now. "Of course... but this has already been foretold in the stars. It will happen at some point, but we'll... be here to help." he stated now, deciding to be audacious and gallant as opposed to careful and reserved.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
((Time to get this RP rolling again. I'll take Littlefoot until his player reappears. :yes Also, apologies for the double post, but necessary I think. :yes))

Littlefoot turned to Chomper. "Well... they were... uh..." He paused here, as he wondered if he should actually relate to him the part where he saw them vanish in a beam of blue light or not. "Visitors to the Great Valley when Petrie's uncle returned and we had our Stone of Cold Fire adventure... I think I told you about the adventure, but not about them." Littlefoot explained. "They kind of helped us get to the Stone of Cold Fire faster... or maybe as Cera would put it, the dumb old rock." he chuckled, giving Cera a quick apologetic look. "Anyway, what do you guys make of this?" he asked, looking around at the group.

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Petrie frowned. "It make my head hurt," he complained, rubbing the top of his skull. Then he perked up. "Ooh, a wish? Whatever Petrie want?" He strutted up and down Cera's head, then flapped down to land next to Ducky.

"Me think it good idea, Littlefoot!" He looked at Cera. "It been fore... for... foretolded," he said sagely.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spike didn't know what to make of the situation.  He, of course, remembered the two rainbowfaces from the Stone of Cold fire incident.  In that incident they were quite helpful if also a bit... mysterious.  Spike couldn't quite understand their motivations, but not understanding what motivated other dinosaurs was not a new phenomenon for Spike.

Deciding to judge the mysterious duo by their previous assistance, Spike gave an affirmative grunt at Petrie's response.  Why not make the wish and see what happened?  What was the worst that could happen?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well, I don't like this," Cera stated. "They're probably just talking nonsense like the last time they came here!"

"But Cera," Ruby piped up. "They don't look like they are leaving us without having completed their task so if we cooperate we will have more tome to play games..."

"Fine... I don't care anyway!" Cera snorted.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Cera..." Littlefoot groaned at the threehorn's mention of the rainbowfaces talking nonsense. "Mm... just... I think we're in agreement." the longneck nodded as he turned with his companions to face Galli and Mimus now. "We're ready."

"Very good!" Mimus exclaimed. "Well if you're all ready then... close your eyes." he instructed once more. Littlefoot did so, shutting his eyes. "Now... all focus on your wish... focus hard. Relax, and block out all other thoughts." He spoke in calm, even tones, coaching them through this. He then looked to Galli and nodded to indicate they could begin.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"This is sooo stupid!" Cera thought, slightly angered. "I should wish those creeps away!" At that thought, she had to suppress a chuckle. She considered...
"Meh, too obvious... they'd figure out I wished that... Maybe I should rather wish... yeah, that's better..."

"Focus on your wish..." Galli spoke. After a few seconds she piped up again. "Your wishes shall come true..."

Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Petrie nodded eagerly and closed his eyes as Mimus instructed. He grinned to himself as he pictured what he wanted most... then after a few seconds, he sneakily creaked an eyelid open. Nothing had happened.

Petrie bit back a pang of disappointment and scrunched his eyes again. "When... when it come true? Me no see anything different..."

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spike closed his eyes as well and focused upon the hopeless dream that he had since he was a small spiketail.  After a few moments he opened his eyes and gave a contemplative grunt.  Hmmm...  Nothing seems out of the ordinary.  He thought morosely.  When is the wish supposed to come true?'

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Littlefoot did as instructed, clearing his mind of all thoughts save for his wish, but when he was told he could open his eyes, he found... nothing had changed. "Uh... I'm sorry but..." he looked around. "Guys? I don't see anything different... did it not work?" he asked, turning to the rainbowfaces now.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Oh, don't worry children," Galli spoke calmly. "Your wishes may not come true immediately but they will come true as long as they have been realistic..."

"blah, blah, nonsense... I knew they were lying!" Cera thought smugly.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spike thought about this for a moment, but then sighed.  He was perfectly content even without the granting of his deeply-held wish, but nonetheless he felt disappointment because of its absence.  He supposed that he would just have to wait, just like he had waited for all of his life.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper closed his eyes, and made his wish in his mind. When he opened them, nothing had changed. Not that his wish was something you could see was happening right away, though.

He then focused on Ducky and Rudy, who hadn't made their wish yet. What did everyone else wish for? he thought to himself.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
By now, Ducky had already closed her eyes and made her wish. As expected, however, when she opened them, nothing happened.

Oh well, she thought, Nothing is ever bound to happen right away, no no no.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yes, these things may take some time." Mimus nodded seriously here.

"Oh... so uh... what did everyone wish for, anyway?" Littlefoot asked now, looking around at his friends.

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Petrie groaned impatiently at Mimus. "Me wish it hurry up..."

He looked at Littlefoot, then glanced around the group bashfully. "Me... me wish for Petrie to be braver," Petrie mumbled, looking down at the floor as his beak turned pink. He edged away from Cera ever so slightly. "It not working."