Beyond the Mysterious Beyond > Visual Art

Flathead770's Photography

(1/15) > >>

Flathead770:
Hey everyone! I haven't seen very many topics like this on the GoF so I figured I'd give it a shot for those who might be interested. I generally prefer to shoot landscape and wildlife shots, with the occasional astrophotography when given the opportunity (for those who don't know about the pictures I've shared from my trip last year, you can find them here) Let me know if this is something that you guys would want to see more of!

I'm gonna start off with posting some pictures of my visit to the Ice Castle setup in a park in my city.
Funny enough, the exit was much nicer looking then the entrance, so I'll just use that one to start with.

Once inside the main entrance it opened up with a few branching paths to explore. This path had a small water fountain that led around to an ice slide (surprisingly enough I picked up quite a bit of speed on it)

I next went into some ice caves that had a really cool look with the light peeking through all the icicles.

The other standout part for me was some of the ice sculptures that were set up.

Sneak:
wooooow :O
How they made spomething like this in city? :O Look shuge and impressive!

(I think it would be better if you resize pictures with special tags)

Flathead770:
Yeah it was set up in a park. Can't remember exactly but someone said it took around 8 weeks and 40 people to make. It's certainly a neat concept and was fun to walk around in!

I take it the portrait photos are the ones that are the offenders here right? I guess they show up much bigger since there's no auto formatting in the vertical direction? Once I figure out how to resize them I'll make sure to do that.

Sneak:
@Flathead770
[img height=100] or [img width=100] would be enough for resizing. :)
Just type fitting number for width/height

Flathead770:
Thanks! I knew there was some sort of command to resize but couldn't remember. Does this look better now?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version