The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

This youtube video I found is a disgrace

Jrd89 · 74 · 7655

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I also wonder how many little kids had "clean pants" after watching that episode, hmmm?

<_<

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Mumbling,Mar 23 2010 on  01:55 AM
I think Jittery can think of jokes himself.
That may be and I don't doubt JD could, but I don't think there's anything wrong with offering suggestions, even if those suggestions don't get used. Offering suggestions isn't an insult.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Mar 22 2010 on  08:28 PM
I think it's because people in general have gotten more strict on keeping cartoons in their version of what is "kid-appropriate". Interestingly enough, years ago, cartoons were more intended for adults than for kids (such as Betty Boop and the old Loony Tunes cartoons), from what I understand.
Yes, from what I know when you went to see a movie there would not just be a movie and trailers, there would also be a cartoon (like bugs bunny, woody woodpecker droopy, tex avery, ect), a comedy short (like the 3 stooges, laurel and hardy, our gang/little rascals) and a cliffhanger chapter then the movie itself.  No idea when the trailers would be shown during that.  

I got some experience of that as a kid/young teen in the 80's when the local PBS had on either Saturday or Sunday afternoons a program called Matinee at the bijou.  

I would surmise then cartoons were aimed at adults since those were the main ones who went to see movies.  Just look at some of the really old cartoons from the 30-50's.  I would also surmise that the current culture of seeing cartoons are just for kids likely started around when the studios started showing their theatrical cartoons on tv and likely when saturday morning cartoons started being shows. I'd guess in the 50's or 60's maybe.  Unlike in some places like Japan where they can see cartoons can be for kids, teens, adults, or the whole family & is just another way to tell a story.

the pbs site has shorts of the dinotrain show with 2 whole episodes.  It seems instead of lumping the different dinos who lived in different time periods together in 1 time period the train goes through a time tunnel sort of thing to other time periods.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Want the Gang's reactions?  Here's my idea:

Littlefoot: "Oh my goodness!  This is the most illogical, absurd, intelligence-quotient disintegrating mockery of the dinosaur race that was created by the supposedly most intellectual life forms that ever existed!"

Ducky: "I do not like this, oh no no no!  This is an embarrassment to dinosaurs everywhere, yes it is!"

Petrie: "Me and Ducky getting farted on by Yellowbelly bad enough, but this even worser!  Me get headache just watching!"

Spike: "DUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHH!"

Cera: "You guys are all being too nice!  These *censored* poor excuses of human intelligence *censored* made us look like a bunch of *censored* living breathing sacks of s***!"

Others: :blink:

Cera: "Yeah, guys!  S*** is the same thing as poop!  I can't believe those *insert sailor's level slew of profanities and vulgarities*!"

Littlefoot: "Please excuse Cera's language.  Her father let her watch rated R shows as a kid in the 90s."

:lol

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Never mind what the Gang would say about it, I see more Youtube Poop material...
Wait...

OH, THE IRONY XD !

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
That person who made those VIDS there get sued. Or I will give him AIDS lol

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Why should they be sued? And why do they deserve a terminal illness like AIDS?

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
My question is WHO should be sued? The guy who posted the video or the people that did the episode?

And saying someone deserves AIDS? Dude, that's just not cool.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Paradise Bird,Mar 24 2010 on  05:11 AM
That person who made those VIDS there get sued. Or I will give him AIDS lol
Interesting... they spell alike. :p

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The stuff I grew up with:

Transformers
Smurfs
Both Sonic cartoons
Batmat The Animated Series
Gargoyles
Talespin

And today's are stuck with this. I weep for the future.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have heard some folks online, I think including the nostalgia critic and maybe chick, have said today's cartoons, shows and movies are worst then the ones before.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh,  ummm,   okey....  That was... freaky.  Seriously, what a worthless show!  I mean, PBS has really REALLY gone down hill.  They used to have good shows on there.  What ever happened to Sesame Street?   <_<  

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Mar 25 2010 on  12:17 PM
Oh,  ummm,   okey....  That was... freaky.  Seriously, what a worthless show!  I mean, PBS has really REALLY gone down hill.  They used to have good shows on there.  What ever happened to Sesame Street?   <_<
Or The Magic School Bus?  What about Arthur?  Or even Reading Rainbow?

I feel bad our kids are stuck with this dreck.  If this is what educational TV is comin' down to, I'll just let my kids watch SpongeBob and Jackass.  At least they'll be entertained instead of dumbed down :p.

BTW, what kid out there has no idea that we all do our business :huh:?  Why educate kids on somethin' they can figure out for themselves?

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've seen this by commerical never really watched it but I'm sure its not totally disgraceful its just doesn't suit your taste thats all

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
Wow...

...wow...

......WOW...

...That was actually really damn funny. They rhymed "feces". They even rhymed "scat"! Never expected that in a children's show, what with scat seemingly tied irreversibly to the fetish these days.

Seriously. Hysterical.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
To bump up an old topic, I watched a few clips from this show recently. I have to admit, while the show itself looks like a really stupid premise, the characters are actually kinda cute. I was annoyed by the little T-Rex for a bit but he soon started to grow on me. He'll never be as cute or as cool as Chomper of course but he seems like an alright character. If I ever have a nephew or niece(or even if I have one now), I would definitely watch this with them.

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TabalugaDragon
Just watched this... terrible!
During watching it I tried to remember myself at that age 3,4,5 years old and...I never thought about what this cartoon is teaching, that episode is completely pointless!!!!!Huge mountain of poops, dinosaurs talking and SINGING  about it almost killed me, that's really dumb and I think shouldn't be allowed, what if kids start singing this song in front of many people??Disgusting...That's really a disgrace to those who made LBT, which is the greatest dinosaur movies and getting forgotten now....

THIS should be Used by Jittery in his ytPOOPS, not wonderful LBT

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie157578641,Jun 27 2010 on  10:06 PM
Just watched this... terrible!
During watching it I tried to remember myself at that age 3,4,5 years old and...I never thought about what this cartoon is teaching, that episode is completely pointless!!!!!Huge mountain of poops, dinosaurs talking and SINGING  about it almost killed me, that's really dumb and I think shouldn't be allowed, what if kids start singing this song in front of many people??Disgusting...That's really a disgrace to those who made LBT, which is the greatest dinosaur movies and getting forgotten now....

THIS should be Used by Jittery in his ytPOOPS, not wonderful LBT
He actually did... His Youtube poops aren't that bad ;) You should allow yourself to laugh at things you love every once in a while :D

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
How is that clip a disgrace to LBT though? That has nothing to do with LBT.

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TabalugaDragon
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jun 27 2010 on  03:47 PM
How is that clip a disgrace to LBT though? That has nothing to do with LBT.
Yeah but they both are about dinosaurs and there aren't really much cartoons about them
so if like remembering cartoons about dinosaurs cartoons mmm...
"there was The Land Before time filled with marvelous adventures, Dink the Little dinosaur, with discoveries of anchient dinosaur world and Dinosaur train, teaching kids different stuff including poops" ... that's how I imagine it