The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

After the Great Earthshake

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Hours had passed since the families were divided. Lots of loved ones had died during the Great Earthshake; although, it hit Topsy the hardest. He lost the love of his life and most of his kids. All that is left he knows of is his oldest daughter Diana; Cera was nowhere to be seen; so, he thought she might have died. It was at that moment he and Diana met Grandma and Grandpa Longneck and their other grandchildren. The elderly couple also knew what it was like to lose loved ones; their only daughter was killed by a sharptooth. The longnecks were talking with the distraught threehorns.

"I am so sorry for your loss," Grandpa said.

Topsy nodded.

"Thank you," Topsy said, choking back a sob.

"Don't cry; or we'll start crying," Grandma soothed the threehorn.

Topsy sighed and tried to keep his emotions under control.

"I'm sorry; it's so hard you know; my wife and most of my kids died," Topsy replied, on the verge of tears.

"Dad; Mom and the others wouldn't want us to be sad; they'd want us to move on," Diana said.

Topsy nodded; his oldest daughter was wise for her age.

"I know; but..." Topsy felt a lump growing in his throat.

He began shedding tears; soon enough, Diana and the longnecks also started crying. They all managed to stop crying a few moments later.

"Sorry about that; I don't usually cry; but, it was necessary," Topsy replied apologetically.

Grandma lowered her head to nuzzle both the threehorns.

"It's all right; I guess you needed to let it out; do you feel better now?" Grandma asked.

Topsy nodded.

"Good; now, we need to find a spot to rest for the night; my feet are getting tired," Grandma replied.

A while later, the dinosaurs found a resting spot. They were all sleeping; except for Topsy. He was tossing and turning; a nightmare was disturbing his sound sleep.

"No! I'm too young for you to die! Please come back to me!" Topsy pleaded.

Grandpa woke up from his sound sleep and went over to see Topsy having a fit. He shook him awake gently with his head. Topsy woke up panting and with tears in his eyes. He nearly jumped out of his skin.

"It's all right; take a few deep breaths and calm down; do you need to talk about it?" Grandpa asked.

Topsy nodded and tried to recompose himself. He also wiped the tears away with his paw.

"Oh Longneck; it was awful; I seen my wife and most of my kids die during the Earthshake and just in my nightmare; I'm just happy that Diana is still alive; but, my youngest daughter Cera has been lost; I'm not sure if she's alive," Topsy replied.

Grandpa saw that Topsy was still upset; so, he wrapped his front legs around the threehorn. Topsy was surprised by the sudden act of comfort; but accepted the gesture. They broke apart a moment later.

"Thanks; I needed that; sorry if I woke you up," Topsy replied.

Grandpa smiled warmly at the younger male.

"It's okay; I had a feeling you needed to talk," Grandpa said.

Topsy nodded; he was glad that Grandpa was the only one to wake up while he was having a nightmare.

"I'm going back to sleep; see you in the morning," Topsy said.

Grandpa went back to his sleeping spot and went back to sleep. Topsy went back to sleep a moment later. He was glad he got the chance to talk about his nightmare; soon enough, a friendship developed between the longnecks and the threehorns.

Another one-shot; Topsy/Grandpa Longneck strictly friendship.

OC's have been added; extra grandchildren for Grandma and Grandpa Longneck; (I always liked the idea of Littlefoot having blood-related siblings); and Topsy's oldest daughter (Dinah and Dana's mom) from his and his deceased wife's first nest. I'm not sure how old Topsy is compared to Grandma and Grandpa Longneck; I just assume that there is a big age gap between them. His age was never revealed in the series.