The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Far Away Home Interviews

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The Land Before Time: Far Away Home
By: Caustizer

Interviews:

Prologue:

The chamber inside the elders’ tree was silent as the wingtail they had beckoned for stepped in through the parted leaves that blocked the entrance.  The light of the sun shined brightly through the large circular gap in the canopy, illuminating the dark green wingtail that stepped into the beam.  He was unusually upright and stern, casting out an aura of experience and professionalism.  Clearly his throat briefly, he began to speak.

“Greetings gathered elders and thank you for your summons.  As you are aware, my name is Theanol but the other wingtails respectfully know me as ëThe Investigator’.  Mere seasons ago I was given the task of piecing together the events surrounding and following the Black Dawn by yourselves and I am here today to present my findings.”

There was a stirring of whispers, and after a few moments the dark green wingtail continued.

“In my travels I tracked down and spoke with the survivors of that event and subs sequentially were very close to all the happenings of that era.  I can only hope that in my work we as a species can benefit from this knowledge.”

He paused for effect.

“My first subject was an egg-stealer by the name of Gentry… I was able to find him during my brief visit to the Dawn Valley in the far south.  He seemed to be having some family troubles, but as I would learn that is not an uncommon thing for their kind…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your questions and they will be answered!  Except for plot related questions (ie. "Did *** die?" or "What happened in the Lush Valley?") I'll give the best answer i can.

The characters you can ask for the interviews are going to be:

Gentry
Sky
Glide
Star
Thylo

Make sure you specify whom you are asking so I know!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
(If you like, you can imagine that I’m actually present at the interview in my Microraptor dinosona. :p)

Gentry, I hope this question isn’t in any way offensive, but were you brought up in an egg-eating family of egg stealers, or did you prefer to eat other types of food?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Gentry:

"Well eggs are like a delicious desert really, you don't get them all the time but when you do you feast like bloody sharpteeth on a fresh carcass.  Most of the days we got whatever we could find... you know bugs, juicy bubbles, green-slop (green-food) and all that.  Me dad had to feed like twenty of us before we made it out of the nest - and hated every bloody minute of it.  The bloke wanted nothing to do with us when we got out on our own, so the smartest of us learned to get our feed right away."

"I never had an egg myself, since my colour didn't blend in too well with the other lads. Me Uncle got it good more then a few times... him and that 'Rozzy' fellow seemed to get more then their share of eggs most of the time.  I met him once, but I don't think we would have got along too dandy.  Didn't like me being all white and all... and to be quite honest I don't like it all too much either.  Those snobby fish-flyers caught me because of it, though they wouldn't have taken a liking to me if I wasn't so good at singing."

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(To Gentry:)

Did you have any non-egg stealer friends or acquaintances before you were thrown in with Thylo?

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Gentry:

To be quite honest I haven't had that many friends at all mate.  Sure my nest-mates tolerated me being around their lot, but end all be all my colour simply was too much of a prejudice for many to get over.  The females always liked me though... they thought I was attractive and I loved it like a leaf-lick so while I didn't have that many friends, I usually had company.

As for my thoughts on mates of other races, I suppose I've always considered my own hide to be something else so it's not hard to get along on the surface.  I tease the little one sometimes, but it's all good fun.  That Ruby though... she seemed a bit withdrawn if you know what I mean.  I think she had a thing for me, but of course I'll never know unless someone tells me (he laughs).

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This question goes to both Gentry and Thylo: How did Cera react to you two after she was first tossed into the cave with you? And what were your thoughts on her?

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thylo:

The threehorn was mad... very very very mad! She yelled and ran around and shouted and acted like a sharptooth!

Gentry:

What she means is... the poor girl didn't take her new burrow too well. Wasn't until she finally burned herself out did we dare to get close.  Threehorns I've learned are so bloody unpredictable... one moment your best mates and the next they go and take a swing at you.

Thylo:

But Cera is a good friend, once she wasn't mad anymore we became good friends and we showed her the rest of the cave cause you know it was a really really big cave and...

Gentry:

Anyway, if the rest of her lot are anything like Cera (he is talking about threehorns as a whole, since he assumed she was part of a larger herd) then I'm off running the other way!  Granted she did come around eventually... but it took a tad bit of work.  Once those odd friends of hers came to visit... I use the term lightly as you can tell... things were better.  Much better.  To be honest I think the runner had a thing for me, but I've already said that haven't I?

Theanol:

So you were involved with a female of a different species?

Gentry:

I wouldn't say that... but we were not so different you know mate.  I mean, we both liked the same food and we both were a long long way from our good old homes.  Back then we were just kids growing up and thats when the heart muscle starts pulling little tricks on you.

Theanol:

I see.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thylo, I'm going to ask you the same question I asked Gentry earlier: did you have any friends outside your own kind before Eybron's wingtails captured you? (Actually, if you had any notable spiketail friends, I'd be interested in hearing about them, too.)

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thylo: Oh I had lots and lots of friends there were all seven of us... my brothers and sisters were all just like me in that they sometimes talked too fast but then it didn't bother us because we all understood each other fine all the time!  When those meanie flyers came and grabbed me it was either because they found me first or they didn't like my nest-mates that much.  I loved the flight here and got to see so many things it was so exciting!

Theanol: (clears his throught) Could you please slow down? I'm having trouble keeping up.

Thylo: Oh, (giggles) sorry.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(To Gentry and Thylo)

That brings me to my next question: what specifically happened to each of you when you were captured? (i.e., what were you doing at the time, and how did they catch you?)

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll leave that question for the story to answer.

Understand that Gentry and Thylo have only been in a single chapter so far and I have yet to really shape their characters. I appreciate you asking them so many questions and hope you continue to do so but I'm starting to pull these things out of the hat and I'd prefer not to do that so I don't mess up the story's continuity down the road.  :angel

Caustizer.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, sorry. :oops I didn’t think of that question as one that would interfere with the plot, since it refers to events that took place before the beginning of the story. Me and my shortsightedness... :slap

P.S. Anybody else gonna participate? :p I don't know if I can come up with any more good questions for Thylo and Gentry that won't run the risk of causing continuity issues, and I really don’t know what to ask for Sky, Star, or Glide.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(I feel really strange being the only one asking questions in this thread, but I'm going to continue. :p)

Thylo, what's your favorite food?