The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Whatcha playin'?

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Star Wars: Knights of the Okd Republic.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

a1iengutz

• Stealer of Teeth
  • Ruby
  • Don't ask me I just work here
    • View Profile
    • My art insta
Hey! I've been replaying the Ratchet and Clank series lately! Any other R&C fans?
  I'm cool, I swear! Take a nap

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Hey! I've been replaying the Ratchet and Clank series lately! Any other R&C fans?

I’ve watched my nephew play the Rachet and Clank games. But I have not gotten to play them.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I personally have not played the games, though I've heard that they are quite good.

I've been recently playing the remaster of Xenoblade Chronicles. Loved that game when I finally got a hold of it back around 2012 so it's nice to come back to it. Other then that I've just been playing more Celeste haha

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Last game I played was Mario Kart: Tour. Diddy Kong’s Banna Barrel canons are awesome. XD

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Finally getting around to playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake and loving it for the most part.

That's off the back of finishing Resident Evil 3 (also remake). Really need to finish Luigi's Mansion 3 and Astral Chain on the Switch as well. So many great games to choose from. Spoilt for choice!  :chompysmile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finished LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 a few days ago. The fact that it has taken me nearly three months to finish this game proves that it really was such a huge and time-consuming game to complete. In fact, at over 100 gameplay hours according to my Steam account, this has by far been longest it has ever taken me to complete any Lego game (beating the previous records from Lego Star Wars Complete Saga and Lego City Undercover). This game is so massive because it has 20 story levels (as opposed to 15 in many previous Lego games), along with 10 bonus levels, and 6 DLC levels as well. On top of all of that, the hub world is huge, not only in area but also in terms of all the various tasks and quests there are to complete. There are also various "challenges" that involve doing a similar task in multiple places all over the hub area, which can sometimes be a little difficult to keep track of. (In fact, if not to the fact that I had used a guide to help me figure out where to find and complete every task for game completion, I could've easily spent one or two dozen more hours on this game.) And finally, some completed quests can also be repeated a few more times for a stud bonus, providing even more things to do, despite not really contributing to game completion. With all of that aside, I definitely liked the story presented in this game, where various locations throughout the Marvel multiverse are brought together into a single realm called "Chronopolis" ruled by Kang the Conqueror, and the objective for the heroes is to defeat him so they can return all the various places back to where they belong. I absolutely loved playing this game, and if not for some certain collectible items proving to be particularly frustrating to obtain, I would easily rank this among my favorites of all Lego games.

Next on my list of Lego games to play; LEGO The Incredibles

This game is based on both of the Incredibles movies (though I've yet to see the second one), and from what I've previously seen, this one should go by a bit more quickly than the one I just finished. I used to love watching Pixar movies, and the first Incredibles movie was definitely one of them, so I have a feeling I could like this game as well. (Note to self; find an opportunity to watch Incredibles 2 sometime soon.)

My rankings of all Lego games I've played so far:
LEGO City Undercover
The LEGO Movie Videogame
The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame
LEGO Worlds
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - The Videogame
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
LEGO Star Wars - The Force Awakens
LEGO Batman 2 - DC Super Heroes
LEGO Indiana Jones 2 - The Adventure Continues
LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
LEGO The Hobbit
LEGO The Lord of the Rings
LEGO Batman - The Videogame
LEGO Indiana Jones - The Original Adventures
LEGO Batman 3 - Beyond Gotham
LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga
LEGO Harry Potter - Years 5-7
LEGO Harry Potter - Years 1-4
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 11:32:50 PM by The Chronicler »

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Vojeds

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Not really anything right now, waiting for Halo infinite to get released :ChomperOhhh

Sharpely

• Scary and strangerous :D
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • Hard thing to fly...GRRRRRRRRRGGHHH!!!
    • View Profile
I'm not much of a gamer rn, but I do enjoy going on Neopets, and playing Roblox or the occasional round of Smash with my sister :lol:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 08:01:39 PM by Sharpely »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finished LEGO The Incredibles a few days ago. I'm glad I was able to have an opportunity to finally watch that second movie, because it turns out the story content in this game takes some interesting creative liberties, especially for the sake of always providing at least two playable characters everywhere (as all Lego games must always do so). I definitely liked the new feature of group builds, where you must collect a certain number of special bricks before you can begin, and then have all of your active characters participate together to rapidly complete the build. And I especially loved how some of these special builds in the hub area also came with the bonus of unlocking certain characters from all of the other Pixar movies. I also liked the "crime wave" feature where each district on the map turns into a sort of mini level where you have to complete tasks to defeat the villains. And best of all, at just over 30 hours of total gameplay time, this is among the quickest of all Lego games to complete. Overall, I really loved this game, and would definitely enjoy an opportunity to play it again sometime.

Next on my list of Lego games to play; LEGO DC Super Villains

This is the fourth Lego game in the DC franchise (and the first without having Batman in the title), so this will likely feature many of the same familiar characters within a different story setting. From what I do know of this game so far, one of the key features is that literally the very first thing you're required to do is crate a custom character (something that in previous games was either totally optional or was needed to complete certain quests that required certain specific parts included on the character). I've already got some ideas in mind, but I'll have to wait to see what option I'll truly have available.

LEGO City Undercover
The LEGO Movie Videogame
LEGO Worlds
LEGO The Incredibles
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
LEGO The Hobbit

- Berix

Jarkore

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Currently playing 7 dayd to die with a few buds of mine. Outside of that I'm currently on another playthrough in Dark Souls (Remastered), and also playing some Sacred occassionally. I'm awaiting with excitement the september 18th Path of Exile expansion, which I'm planning to play thoroughly.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's been a while but diving into (pun intended) Subnautica. I know a few people on the forum have given this a try but testing out the PS4 version and enjoying it so far.

Can check out my exploits on my Twitch channel if anyone is interested  :ChomperPOG

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Right, I still need to watch your Reaper Leviathan encounter  :rhett_brag

I haven't been playing much since I've started school, but I did manage to finish a playthough of the Blue Lions route in Fire Emblem: Three Houses on Maddening Mode as well as Doom Eternal on Nightmare. Hopefully that will keep me sated while I focus on homework more now.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finished LEGO DC Super-Villains a few days ago. In a lot of this ways, this game was actually quite similar to Marvel Super Heroes 2. While they both had 20 story levels and 6 DLC levels, this game lacked any bonus levels (which is good for those who would rather spend less time on any game). For the hub exploration, both games also have various quests and challenges to complete across different regions, but this game not only has a slightly smaller map that's more manageable, but also the challenges are labeled as checklists with hints for each item, making it way easier to keep track of your progress. The story content was interesting, especially with how you immediately start off by creating your own custom character (I named mine "Doctor Blast") who actually appears in the cutscenes interacting with all the other characters, albeit incapable of actually speaking (which I suppose makes sense, given the immense number of options that the character could be). Not to mention, your character also has the ability to gain new super powers (some of which you can customize how they appear when used) as you progress through the story, so that really makes the interactive aspect of this game very interesting. As for the achievements, I was rather annoyed that all of the ones for the DLC content were "hidden", meaning that I had to do some searching on the internet just to find out what the requirements were, and while some others were a little tricky, I once again managed to unlock all of them. Ultimately, much like with Marvel Super Heroes 2, despite some collectibles being particularly frustrating to obtain, I would rank this among my favorite Lego games, especially since I got it done in a more reasonable amount of time (75 hours total, as opposed to over 100 hours with Marvel Super Heroes 2).

Next on my list of Lego games to play; The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame

This is officially the last game left on my list of Lego games I have yet to play, and I'm glad that I'll get to finish this off with a game based on my favorite movie franchise. It's actually quite fitting, considering the very first Lego game I had played on my list was the first Lego Movie video game, and I'll be ending this three-year gaming marathon with the game based on the second Lego Movie. I've certainly looked forward to playing it ever since I first saw the movie, and I can't wait to finally try it out.

LEGO City Undercover
The LEGO Movie Videogame
LEGO Worlds
LEGO The Incredibles
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO DC Super-Villains
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
LEGO The Hobbit

- Berix

caspyartist

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
I've been mostly playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps! it recently got released on Switch a few days ago. amazing game and I highly recommend both that and it's first and equally amazing Ori and the Blind Forest. both are on Xbox and Steam too

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Grand to see a fellow player of the "Ori" series. I too have been playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Haven't gotten too far but liking the changes to the original game as well as the beautiful aesthetic, music and art style.

As well as that, I'm also playing Hades which is a fantastic roguelite from SuperGiant games (makers of Bastion and Transistor). The playing loop is great, combat is slick and fast-paced (not quite Bayonetta or Devil May Cry quick but still got to retain your focus), the player-boss encounters change up so just when you get familiar with tackling one boss, a new variant comes into play that forces you to change up your battle strategy. Zagreus is a brilliant protagonist, as bold and brash as he is charming as are the supporting cast. Even the snide and damning remarks from the titular Hades himself (he's your dad just for context). A worthwhile look for anyone interested.

As well as (as well as) that, I also fell into the nostalgia trap of getting the Super Mario 3D All Stars collection. Yeah, I know it was a baited pitfall playing on the nostalgic grip of old gamers dangling the treat in front of us whilst calling "C'mon puppy! Jump! Who's a good boy!" but hey, I remembered it fondly back then and playing them now, with a few visual and gameplay tweaks, makes me smile  :ChomperPOG Mostly...

That penguin slip-n-slide race on Cool Cool Mountain and burn for all I care! Cheating git! :petriemad

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finished The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame earlier today. I was quite surprised to see this game is essentially structured like Lego Worlds, such as scanning objects, placing objects and vehicles where needed, different abilities provided by numerous special items, and a huge range of characters available. This game also had some significant differences from Lego Worlds, such as not having the ability to alter the landscape, destroyed objects can respawn, a much more involved storyline to follow which even includes boss fights, and most significantly of all is that there's an actual 100% completion to accomplish. Not to mention, this is definitely among the quicker Lego games to complete, as it took me a total of just 30 hours (compared to Lego Worlds, which I've easily gotten over a hundred hours into, and still counting), and unlocking all 50 achievements for this game is perhaps much easier to accomplish than for virtually any other Lego game. As for the story itself, while this game's unique structure unfortunately causes it to be significantly less accurate to the movie than the first game, I did like the DLC worlds that essentially provided additional story content that took place prior to the events of the movie. While I didn't like it quite as much as the first game, this one is still definitely among my absolute favorite of all video games, and much like I did with the first Lego Movie game, I will more likely than not end up playing this game several times in the near future, if only to see how much or how little can be done by certain points in the story progress.

So where do I go next? Well, technically, I'm not quite done just yet, as I've still got just two more achievements left to unlock on Lego Worlds. Those last two achievements will essentially involve a lot of grinding, but now that I'm finished with literally everything else, I can take as much time as I need to in order to unlock those final achievements. Hopefully, I'll have that done sometime within the next month. After that, I think I might just simply take a break from gaming altogether. I've been at these Lego games for almost three years now, so perhaps it would be a good idea for me to step back for a little while and dedicate more of my time to other things I'd like to get done these days.

Anyway, here are my final rankings of all the Lego games I've played:
LEGO City Undercover
The LEGO Movie Videogame
The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame
LEGO Worlds
LEGO The Incredibles
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO DC Super-Villains
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
LEGO The Hobbit

- Berix

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Been playing mostly fighting games or games with a PVP element like Yugioh Duel Links or Pokemon Sword. XD

My favorite fighter is Street Fighter 5. If anyone wants to fight me, beware that I am Super Silver rankes.  :rhett_brag

Sharpely

• Scary and strangerous :D
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • Hard thing to fly...GRRRRRRRRRGGHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Played SADX for the first time in awhile recently! Forgot how much I missed the Chao gardens  :lol