The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Something wrong with my Bittorrent

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have been using BitTorrent to download files off the net for some time, and it has only let me down when certian requirements I don't have stop it from completeing the download.  However, for once it's just stopped.

With the last few torrents I've been trying to download, it has been showing the WORST performance EVER with NO explanation.  First off, I tried downloading a Powerpuff Girls Z torrent for a single episode.  Something like this would normally take less than a day.  However, it never went past 0.0% for a number of days before I removed the torrent.

I then tried a different file, this one being of a full season of the popular Anime, Fruits Basket. (A MUST for those into Romance.) and over the past 3 days, it has only downloaded 12.0% and is most of the time now downloading or uploading ANYTHING.

What in the world is going on?  Is there something wrong with my Bittorrent?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Probably no seeders for the file.  Either that or you have all of the data that is online at that time for the torrent.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Try downloading a healthy torrent with lots of seeders and see what happens.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well what do you know!  After checking where I originally got it, I found that the amount of Seeders and Leechers IS NOT listed.  I really think that might explain alot.

Okay, I'll try a different one.

BTW, what is considered to be a HEALTHY number of Seeders to go with?

I just started the download process for one that has 17 Seeders and over 100 Leechers.  Is that good enough for ya? :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile