The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My feelings...

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I'm sure some of you may have read my previous post already, but I just feel I need to let this out... I still feel absolutly horrible! No, I'm not sick or anything like that, but just really, really angry! It's been well over a month and a half since I lasted logged on, and in that time, I've missed the GOF yearly awards, and I'm sure I've set back the RP section quite a bit as well.

I'm still ashamed that I couldn't find five minutes per day to visit this site and keep up to date! I personally feel as if I've let down everyone here... and my personal anguish won't seem to fade.

But still I would first apologize to my fellow Admins and Moderators for not being here and casting my vote for this years awards ceremony. As a Moderator it's kind of my civic duty to stay at least up to date on the workings here at the GOF, but recently I have been neglecting my duty here... and for that I am sorry.

As for the Role Play section, this is where I feel the most shame. As not only a mod, but one of major RPer's in the entire section having not posted for such an extended period of time must've annoyed several of you.

To all of my fellow GOF members I extend my apologies and do hope there are no hard feelings.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I feel ya, as far as anger goes. It's this raging fume within that just seems to keep burning.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself about that though. You have a life and so does everyone else. You should take care of yourself before anything else. :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I certainly understand why you’re feeling bad, but personally, I think you’re being too hard on yourself. If you had important things going on in real life that distracted you from the GOF, no one should blame you for it.

I’ll admit that I was wondering “where’s The Great Valley Guardian?” during the voting, but as far as I can tell, everything still turned out okay. (AvestheForumFox and Lillefot didn’t vote either.)

I can’t speak for the players in all the other RPs you were participating in (which I know nothing about), but your absence probably hasn’t made much difference to either “In The Land Before Time” or “Wayfaring Strangers”, seeing as the former has been fairly inactive for quite some time, and the latteróas I’m sure you knowóhas just gotten started.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's understandable GVG, we all have stress.

I feel it's best to go through life at a proper place and try not to do so much at once, so it's ok if you're not on here that often.

Like the others said, you shouldn't be angry at yourself.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The Gang of Five is supposed to be a recreational past time, something to do because you're bored, or want to do it. It's not a job. You shouldn't feel obligated to come on every day, just when you want to.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I've always told GOF staff that their life comes first, the GOF second.  You take care of yourself and we'll still be here and around when you get back.  Don't worry about being staff and being out and about---you have a life as do us all, and at times we all need to just take care of other things.  There are others to pick up slack and its not like you're the only staff member that hasn't been around.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Rick, I completely understand your frustration, but like everybody else here has said, your life comes before anything else. You shouldn't let this get you down, because I guarantee you that nobody here is upset with you. Sure we might wonder where you are, but we understand that you are busy in your life.

If you ever want to talk, I'm here for you, and so are we all ;)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
no need to apologize, life comes first, this place second. hopefully once you get past your personal issues, things will be better for you.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Exactly, when my grandfather died, I didn't even care about getting on the computer or anything, and I didn't for atleast two days, and I was an admin at a few wikis, which I had to edit every once and a while, or I'd loose my adminship, but personally, I didn't really care then. Family comes before any thing going on at a website your an admin at. Nick22, LBTFan13, Malte, their alright. That goes for me to, if something's going on with my family, I worry about that first.