The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rainbowfaces RP “The Quest for Telling”

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
@Goldenwind I was already planning on Ducky discovering Rinkus in my next post, so this sounds good to me! (I didn't realize it was my turn again already, sorry I only just noticed.) :confused

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I am thinking about have Gnosasaur meet Pterano, that the next stone is a contrat between them, it would pit Seirra against Pterano again. What do you think @Goldenwind ?

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
@Little Bro You’re turn again. :)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
@Goldenwind  did Gentle Sharptooth leave? He had a goodbye post in "Lands Unkown."
Go Chomper!

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@Little Bro I have no idea what is happening. This is so sudden. :(petrie Well if he really does leave, I have the best of wishes for him.

If Gentle Sharptooth goes again... I am afraid we might have to cancel both RPs, which pains me to say it. He has been a big part of both and I wouldn't really want to continue without him. :/

EDIT: At this point I feel like we can't continue these RPs without him as I don't think he left any plans for his characters. Fortunately while I can't salvage his stories, I think we can salvage some concepts in another RP, like the originally planned Oopsie RP, if anyone wishes.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:42:20 PM by Goldenwind »

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would be open to participating in another RP involving the rainbowfaces if you guys do consider reusing some of these concepts and need additional participants.  Though I do hope that Gentle Sharptooth changes his mind.  This is just so sudden and unexpected.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@rhombus I sure hope Gentle eventually returns, too. I wish we at least knew why he left all of a sudden. :opetrie

As for the RP, I'd sure be glad to have you join in on a relaunch of the Rainbow Face concept. :rainbowwave Let us know if you have any ideas in mind!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
@rhombus I sure hope Gentle eventually returns, too. I wish we at least knew why he left all of a sudden. :opetrie

As for the RP, I'd sure be glad to have you join in on a relaunch of the Rainbow Face concept. :rainbowwave Let us know if you have any ideas in mind!
Inb4 the first thing y'all debate on are the rainbowface names. :lol
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Welcome on board, feel free to throw some ideas around! :lol

Admittedly, both Bro and I were soon wishing we hadn't chosen our characters' names as quickly as we did. :p

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Welcome Owls and Rhombus!  :Mo

I really like the start of the RP with Ruby talking about the Rainbow Faces as part of a story, so I would like to keep that in. Also liked how the Rainbow Faces had some previous history on Earth.

Whether there should be a villain like last time be up to you guys, because I am inbetween with that idea. Plus, I have no villain ideas at the moment.  :OhYou But I still want to see the gang to be involve in technological shenanigans with space technology.  :PCera

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Welcome on board, feel free to throw some ideas around! :lol

Admittedly, both Bro and I were soon wishing we hadn't chosen our characters' names as quickly as we did. :p

@OwlsCantRead Okay, wait, I was assuming "inb4" was like saying "I'm in"...Google has since shown me otherwise, whoops. Sorry, I'm not what you'd call fluent in the world of internet slang. If I'm now understanding right, it's basically saying you have a hunch about what'll happen next? In that case, you might not be too far off the mark, since I'm about as good at sticking to character names as I am at sticking to fanfiction titles. By the way, just how long have you been lurking around this RP? :lol

@Goldenwind About the villain plot, I suppose an alternative could be the Gang mistakenly causing some sort of issue by stumbling upon Rainbow Face technology. I don't currently have any fantastic villain ideas, either. Of course, though, if anyone else in our group does have some villainous schemes in mind, I'm open to suggestions. :DD

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege Imagine if it's something that they can use to easily pacify other dinos including Sharpteeth, resulting in them abusing it's power and attracting the Rainbow Faces.  :bestsharptooth

Oh! A staple of the films is that the gang finds a new ally and sometimes they help return him or her home... So what if it's an alien or robot of the Rainbow Faces? Maybe Sierra or Ozzy could get involved?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Ah yeah, I was actually make that joke since Rhombus popped by, because he'd always had names for the rainbowfaces in his stories from the very start - Chronos and Logos.

@RainbowFaceProtege
Oh! A staple of the films is that the gang finds a new ally and sometimes they help return him or her home... So what if it's an alien or robot of the Rainbow Faces? Maybe Sierra or Ozzy could get involved?
This sounds like the plot to ET. :bestsharptooth
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@OwlsCantRead It does, but I can see the Land Before Time using E.T.'s set up in a film.  :bestsharptooth Funny since they are both Universal properties.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah yeah, I was actually make that joke since Rhombus popped by, because he'd always had names for the rainbowfaces in his stories from the very start - Chronos and Logos.

Ah, I get it. :lol

Welp, I suppose I'd better warn everyone that if we insert TSH continuity here, I'll be kinda lost. :p

@RainbowFaceProtege Imagine if it's something that they can use to easily pacify other dinos including Sharpteeth, resulting in them abusing it's power and attracting the Rainbow Faces.  :bestsharptooth

Some good ideas here! :)littlefoot I can't help wondering how Chomper might be affected by the technology in the first one, sounds intriguing. As for the second one, I do see the similarities to ET, but I don't really feel like we'd be ripping off its plot, since it's not like that plot is particularly unique to ET in the first place. Like you said, the premise is classic LBT. :DD
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 01:53:56 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
As someone who hasn't read the entirety of TSH, I'd be lost too. XD

Already have a idea or two of a OC dino-like robot char. X) I am okay with either or idea, though I do feel like we can combine both.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As someone who hasn't read the entirety of TSH, I'd be lost too. XD

Already have a idea or two of a OC dino-like robot char. X) I am okay with either or idea, though I do feel like we can combine both.

I welcome your ideas, let's hear more about your character! :^^spike

I don't think we necessarily need to combine two plots, although if there ends up happening to be a good way to mesh them together once we get into this, I'd be open to the idea.

We should figure out who's going to play which members of the Gang. I think I'd like to keep Ruby. Let me know who you guys would like! :DD @rhombus @Goldenwind @Little Bro

In addition, any comments on anything else here are welcome, of course. @rhombus and @Little Bro I notice neither of you have been in here in a while, so let me know your thoughts on what we have so far. :)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege

Yeah, part of that has been due to work keeping me busy, and the other part is due to confusion concerning the RP.  Before I would pick out any characters I think that we need a plan as to what is going on.  Otherwise I would be going into any RP blind.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Sounds like a great idea @rhombus . I imagine Littlefoot or someone seeing something land far off of the side of the valley before going to check it out, probably after getting the gang together. Then it can used to introduce whatever plot device that is related to the Rainbow Faces (Maybe my robot dino OC. XD)

My OC will be named Al, it's like A.I. but with a L instead of an I. He is a quirky fellow who wishes to learn about the world around him, as he is a newly designed robot to research worlds while being hidden. However the land procedure went array, resulting in a system error that causes a condition similar to amnesia. Don't worry he isn't gonna be a robot Guido.  :PCera He is adventurous and likes to say hello to everyone he see's, sharptooth or not. I'd imagine the sharpteeth would show disinterest in him because he is a machine, and would use this as a advantage. I think his personality could be a result of the male Rainbow Face wanting him to be a companion and swooped it in while the female Rainbow Face wasn't looking.