The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Moving Day Stinks

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
I hate moving. And currently today I'm having to start moving back in with my granparents.

I've lived in this apartment for a few good years on my own now, and needless to say, there is a residue of memories here, no matter how alone I was all those years.

*sighs* Its just such a sad feeling, like I'm leaving behind a past that should not be left behind. The privacy, the freedom, I could watch or listen to anything without worry about what other's would think (LBT for example)

I've celebrated christmas here twice on my own, with my two cats as my only company. I've held D&D parties here for several weekends with several of my geeky friends. I've had cousins and nephews stay over and watch DVD's

I'm going to miss this place, I suppose is my meaning for hating the move.

On the bright side, I'll be living with family again. But I'll miss that freedom I had

moving day sucks... :cry2

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
The biggest piece of advice I can give you is wear headphones when you watch LBT while your grandparents are at home. :lol Seriously, ya gotta do that unless you're alone in the house.  It kinda sucks.  Go get a wireless pair if the source is too far away.

As for moving, look on the bright side...no more rent (or at least not as much rent as you were paying before).

nabil r

Quote from: AvestheForumFox,Dec 9 2007 on  07:00 AM
I hate moving. And currently today I'm having to start moving back in with my granparents.

I've lived in this apartment for a few good years on my own now, and needless to say, there is a residue of memories here, no matter how alone I was all those years.

*sighs* Its just such a sad feeling, like I'm leaving behind a past that should not be left behind. The privacy, the freedom, I could watch or listen to anything without worry about what other's would think (LBT for example)

I've celebrated christmas here twice on my own, with my two cats as my only company. I've held D&D parties here for several weekends with several of my geeky friends. I've had cousins and nephews stay over and watch DVD's

On the bright side, I'll be living with family again. But I'll miss that freedom I had

moving day sucks... :cry2
AvestheForumFox moving is good you will meet new friends
hate moving. And currently today I'm having to start moving back in with my granparents.

moving day sucks...

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Dec 9 2007 on  09:02 AM
The biggest piece of advice I can give you is wear headphones when you watch LBT while your grandparents are at home. :lol Seriously, ya gotta do that unless you're alone in the house.  It kinda sucks.  Go get a wireless pair if the source is too far away.

As for moving, look on the bright side...no more rent (or at least not as much rent as you were paying before).
actually, here I pay $300 a month, that only includes cable

with my granparents, it'll be $700, but that includes everything from groceries, cable, internet, phone and utilities

it was a hard decision, but if you look at it, I'd be saving a bit more money each month

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
You had me worried...I thought it was going to be necessary because your grandparents needed someone to watch over them or something health related.  Good luck...and yes, headphones will be your savior if people can't handle loud(ish) music.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Dec 9 2007 on  09:53 AM
You had me worried...I thought it was going to be necessary because your grandparents needed someone to watch over them or something health related.  Good luck...and yes, headphones will be your savior if people can't handle loud(ish) music.
I'm gonna need it... I'm a bit in a financial crises right now, quiet a few nasty debts as well

something I'm trying to keep from my family right now because I dread lectures and feel I can work things out on my own. (I'm bound for a lecture on here, I just know it =P )

I'm also pondering what to do about my cats. my granparents said I could keep them but I feel they'd be a handful... it seems it may end up a sad departure from my feline friends, especially my best kitty, Tiger, who was always there for me.. *sniffles*

this does suck  :cry

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Dec 9 2007 on  08:02 AM

I'm going to tell you, AvestheForumFox, that unless you have inconsiderate grandparents (or if you like to turn the volume up real loud), there is no need to hide your LBT thing and the like. There shouldn't be any reason you can't watch it on a good olde tele.  :)

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, now, concerning my LBT fandom, I still do intend to watch them ^_^ first I just need to get my DVD software on my laptop to work again and get a new pair of decent headphones and I'll be set ^^

also, I plan on switching my work hours so I can stay up at night to watch them and post more on the boards ^^

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I am curious, though. If you're moving back into your grandparents' place, then why did you leave in the first place?

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Financial situations. They currently know that I'm struggling and they're more understanding than my current landlord

also, I need to be around my family more. where I live currently, I'm always too tired to drive out and visit like I should... so by moving there, I'd have no choice ^^

also, it does kind of get old being alone all the time

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Well, I just really hope that moving will be for the best, keep it up and don't give up your LBT fandon B) .
 I myself use headphones, not because of the things I watch or I listen, but because that way I do not cause problems to the family and I avoid the situations like "turn down the music" or questions like "what are you watching at" (<-- in a more often way :P: ) and things like ohh that dinosaur's voice sounds like Jack Bauer :lol .
 Keep it up!

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chiletrek,Dec 9 2007 on  11:55 AM
Hello:
 Well, I just really hope that moving will be for the best, keep it up and don't give up your LBT fandon B) .
 I myself use headphones, not because of the things I watch or I listen, but because that way I do not cause problems to the family and I avoid the situations like "turn down the music" or questions like "what are you watching at" (<-- in a more often way :P: ) and things like ohh that dinosaur's voice sounds like Jack Bauer :lol .
 Keep it up!
Haha! XD Good times!

but on topic... oh my, there's a good chance I may not have to go through with this move... I've just made some new friends who gave me some useful pointers about what I can do.

Still, it might be hard for me to break my pact

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Well, I hope you'll do the right things and if you don't need to move at all I think your grandparents may understand, but consider that they are waiting for you.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
well, it seems everything's going the same track. I'm still moving

but meh, it doesnt bother me as much as it did yesturday.. stil dreading having to take my cats to the shelter though  :(

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
You can't keep your cats? Can't you talk to your grandparents about this?

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I agree with Manny Cav, why can't you keep your cats with you? :(

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chiletrek,Dec 10 2007 on  10:50 AM
Hello:
 I agree with Manny Cav, why can't you keep your cats with you? :(
ya dun have to say Hello with every post, matey  :lol:  just thought I'd tell ya

as for my decision on the cats, my granparents said I could keep them.. though my granfather hates cats and I just feel they'd be too much a handful

I may not take them to the shelter.. I'm still undecided

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I will put this in a TLBT-style: If the gang managed to make the Sharptooth Chomper to stay in the Great Valley, then I think you should be able to keep your cats, if your grandfather just hates cats (with no health reason) then he may be able to be with them, afterall cats are living creatures that would live happier with you than in a shelter or with someone else that can just give them up.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'd do anything I could to keep them if I had them.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope things can be worked out.  Maybe some compromise can be made where where you can keep them, and your grandfather may have certain rooms can't can't get into or something.