The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hard Water Peak

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, this time I'm not gonna number it, at least not in the title.  I might add more and it's a pain to keep having to update it on the topic titles.  

Plot:

Ali has returned. Her father is on a mountain with Hallowhorns and could be in danger. Littlefoot and his friends agree to help. Along the way, they meet Ruby and also Perrin, a Pteranodon who lives with her mother. Hard Water Peak is in a series of high mountains. Plus, they have to brave greedy Longnecks and Sharptooth packs. Have Littlefoot and Ali finally gone too far?

THE LAND BEFORE TIME XVIII: HARD WATER PEAK

CHARACTERS

Littlefoot Male Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Cera Female Triceratops (Threehorn/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Ducky Female Saurolophus (Swimmer/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Petrie Male Pteranodon (Flyer/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Spike Male Stegosaurus (Spiketail/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Ali Female Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Ali's Mother Female Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Ali's Father (OC) Male Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

The Old One Female Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Rhett Male Antarctosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Perrin (OC) Female Pteranodon (Flyer/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Ruby Female Oviraptor (Fast Runner/Bothtooth) Alignment: Good

Guido Male Microraptor gui (Glider/Sharptoothish) Alignment; Good

Grandpa Longneck Male Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Grandma Longneck Female Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Dippledocus Gang Dippledocus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Bad

Deinonychus pack mixed (Large Claw/Sharptooth) Alignment: Bad

Littlefoot and his friends were together in the Great Valley. They had had some tense times when Littlefoot had picked the wrong friends like Liam. However, they had gotten over that now. One snowy day, Littlefoot saw Ali's herd coming. Ali's Mother was there, as were Ali and Rehtt, and of course, their leader the Old One. The Old One was actually Ali's great-great aunt. Ali was his third cousin.

"What brings you here?" Littlefoot asked Ali.

"Ground sparkles are killing the green food. There isn't that much food around Hard Water Peak." replied Ali.

"Hard Water Peak? Where is that?" inquired Littlefoot.

"It's out there quite a ways. Up around many smaller peaks. Dad is helping out the Hallowhorns there." reported Ali.

"Why isn't he with you?" Littlefoot said, thinking that his absence couldn't be that good of a thing.

"He got hurt. Hurt his foot on the hard water and he slipped and fell. He'll get better soon." replied Ali. Littlefoot noticed a sense of fear in her.

"Anything else?" he asked, feeling that Ali was keeping something back.

"Yes, her, er, is worried that the Ground Sparkle Rollings will hurt the herd there." she reported.

"Ground Sparkle Rollings?" asked Littlefoot.

"The Ground Sparkle Rollings are when huge amounts of Ground Sparkles coming rolling down the peak. They take out our already limited green and sometimes hurt the herd. One closed parts of the pass into there. I worry that it might be possible that just one or two more might trap him in there and that I'll never...I'll never..." said Ali, her lip trembling.

Littlefoot hugged her. It felt awkward. But he wanted his third cousin to know that he wanted to be there to comfort her. She had stood by him before when his grandfather's life was in danger after all. It was the least that he could do.

"Are you sure you won't be staying long?" asked Grandpa Longneck.

"Yes, we came only to get enough food for ourselves and some to bring back. We leave at first sign of daylight." replied the Old One.

"Well, we wish you the best of luck." said Grandma Longneck.

Littlefoot wanted to help Ali. He knew that his grandparents probably wouldn't like this. He'd probably catch it later for this. But Ali had helped him before. Now it was his turn to repay her.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This LBT one I'm gonna try and make funnier.  (I think, in a future chapter, I'm gonna have Littlefoot and Rhett have a tooting contest, which will cause an avalanche, must be all them red Treestars they ate  :lol, and Ali will comment about "Men!'.   I'm in a giddy mood that I'm often not in, due to little sleep.)

CHAPTER ONE: SNEAKING OUT

"Are you nuts?!" groaned Cera when Littlefoot told Cera what he was going to do.

"She helped me with Grandpa. It's the least I can do." said Littlefoot.

"She can do fine alone without you. It's not like you're a grownup after all." grumbled Cera.

"Yeah, that won't come around for some cold times. Not till I'm 25 anyway." sighed Littlefoot.

"I doubt you'll ever grow up!" laughed Cera.

"Well, who helped you get across the Mysterious Beyond and find the Great Valley? Who helped fend off those Egg Stealers? Who helped restore the water to the Great Valley? " asked Littlefoot.

"You. But so?" said Cera, doubtful.

"Yes, I did. I don't mean to brag, but I've been around the block before." said Littlefoot.

"But there will be Sharpteeth out there. There will. There will." piped in Ducky.

"Been there. Done that." said Littlefoot.

He had always taken risks and been a daredevil, but now that he was in his teens, it was even worse. He'd punished by his grandparents for it. He didn't want to think about the lecture and punishment he was going to get for his sneaking away at dawn. But, Ali had helped him before. It was only fair.

"Did Ali even ask you?" Cera inquired.

"Er, not exactly. But..." said Littlefoot nervously.

"And do you think the Old One is just gonna let you go with her and sneak out?" asked Cera, smirking.

"No, that's why I'm going to be in the Mysterious Beyond by the time they leave. I'll just sneak behind them. Kinda like you did with me when I went away to the crater." said Littlefoot.

"I don't think that's a good idea." came a voice. It was Guido.

"Guido, please don't tell!" begged Littlefoot.

"I'm not telling. But you're going to get your grandparents worried sick and you might get lost out there. The ground sparkles are really blowing." said Guido.

"I'm not asking any of you to go with me." grumbled Littlefoot.

"Sure, we'll stay here. You can just go and get yourself killed! Yes, of course we're coming." said Cera.

"Me too." said Petrie.

"I will go with you Littlefoot. Yep, yep, yep, I will." Ducky said.

Spike nodded.

"Ok fine. I'm probably going to regret this, but, yeah, count me in." said Guido.

Littlefoot and his friends went to bed early. "Have you ever seen them go to bed early like that?" Grandpa Longneck asked Topps.

"Not since they were little." said Topps, confused himself.

A few hours before dawn, the kids got up. They snuck out into the Mysterious Beyond. It sure was cold out here. And the snow really was blowing. They could easily sneak up on Ali's group and not be seen.

"I hope a Sharptooth doesn't come on us and think we're a tasty popsicle." said Cera, shivering.

At last, the Old One's group left. They followed behind, unseen. They were off adventuring once more.