The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

One Generation Earlier

brekclub85 · 177 · 23686

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Splasher only giggled aloud as she watched Cree knock the seed into the pond. She ran up the back of a nearby rock and jumped off it preforming a frontal flip in the air before diving into the water and swimming down under the surf to retrieve the seed. As she passed the sinking seed she twisted her body so her feet were now under the seed and she proceeded to kick it back to the surface and then swiftly rose to the surface and pushed the seed back to shore. "Game's not paused now is it?" She commented with a smirk to Pterano and Cree.

Tera beamed as she picked the seed up off the ground and darted over towards her teams goal. "You're right Splasher, the game is still on!" she replied, as she dived towards the ground to gain speed.

~~~

Dein caught the dinosaur first and bit down on it's back.

Terri slid underneath its belly and began to bite and scratch drawing as much blood as possible before it could understand what was happening.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
As his sister grabbed the seed, Pterano came from below and caught the seed from her. "Ada! Cree! Get ready!" He called as he swooped and tossed the seed in his teammates' direction.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Redclaw slashed at the yellowbellies even more.

"It's easy when you have prey that's harmless," Ichy smiled to his friends.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Tylr laughed as Tera got control of the seed again, "Come on" he called to Violet and Trip, "we should make sure she won't need help...", he was cut off and proven right as Pterano darted in and got the seed once more.

"It's not over yet..." Trip darted forward.

Cree and Ada both glanced up as the seed came flying in. Cree's competitive nature hardly took stock of same team statistics, and in wanting to get the credit for something around here much as Pterano kept stealing the spot-ray, he darted forward and knocked Ada aside as she went to to grab it too.

The other flyer tumbled down to hit the ground and then kept tumbling towards the edge of the river.

Cree actually frowned a bit at this, but Ada stopped herself and flapping over from the edge of the pond with a skill only a flyer experienced in growing up around water had, she flapped over to the shore and stood, shivering, with a frown.

"Cree, that wasn't nice!" Tylr said in a rare scolding of his brother who could usually tie him to a tree no problem.

Cree might have felt guilty if something else wasn't bothering him. He flapped down, "Ah ha! You're not from around normal flyer circles are you?!" he pointed a claw.

"I...I dont' know what you mean..." Ada dodged a bit.

"I mean you're stinkin' fish eater!" Cree went on in accusation, "I've seen flyers like you, no better than the sharptoothed ones except atleast they're honest about not eating green food!".

Ada stood there, caught between a defensive frown and a hurt one, not sure if she wanted to deck this flyer or rush off in embarrassment.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pterano landed in front of Cree, beside Ada. "And so what if she's a fish eater? There are probably others like her who would think you're odd for eating leaves!" He seethed. "Or worse call you a you-know-what*!"

* Bark-Beak, which is a very offensive insult from a fish-eating flier to a plant-eating flier; usually, it is considered worse than "Wing brain" or "beak head"

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Call me a what..." Cree prodded with a frown.

"A...a closed minded Bark-Beak, that's what!"Ada said.

Tylr gasped a bit, it was in insult of course but he wasn't sure if it was so bad as to be one of those bad words the grown-ups talked about or not.

Ada decided against hitting Cree or anything but delivered a slight shove before darting off. She was thankful for Pterano sticking up for her of course but the ridicule over the whole fish issue coming up again was just too much to handle...and after she thought she'd been making friends.

She flew off, over a few trees a landed a small ways from the group.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Drake was examining the whole game in silence as he figured out pretty much what the game was all about, where as he stepped out onto the playing field, right in the middle of it all to speak to the fighting groups "Come now, fighting like this, oh how it breaks my heart to see families of leaf eaters fighting over such simple things" he spoke in a joking manner of his own.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pterano felt his gut wrench when she flew away. "ADA!" He called. He cast a sharp glare at Cree before taking off. He felt so upset that Cree had done that to her. He perched a branch behind her. "Ada?" He asked softly. He swallowed. "We told you before Cree was a bully." His voice cracked a bit.

What on earth was wrong with him? He had never felt this upset for anyone he had just met. "You saw how he was to that baby spiketail." He continued. "He just...doesn't think of anyone but himself." He cleared his throat and tried to make himself sound more amicable than upset.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tera landed in front of Cree and grabbed him by his beak, so he couldn't interrupt and gave her brother a sharp glare as she whispered in his ear. "I'm telling mom! You've done it now!"  She then turned around and flapped her wings towards their nest hoping that their mother was there.

Splasher sighed and glared at Cree too.
"You should be ashamed of yourself Cree. To make a new friend so sad! If you were on of my brothers....I'd cover you in mud!" She knew that to Cree it might not have the same effect on him as it would her actual brothers, but she continued to stare at Cree as if she were calling his bluff.

~~~

Dein had to agree. Food that couldn't fight back was a blessing.

Terri tried hard not to laugh or else she would let go of the yellowbelly she had, and indeed she held her prize until it stopped moving.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(By the way, yes I did pick up on your discussion post, Ptyra, so we can leave them here and then I guess decide whether I should just pull Pterano along or someone else wants to temporarily take him)

Ada sighed, "I know, it's just...I didn't expect it to be the same old thing with the taunting over fish and..." she sighed, yet found as Pterano moved a branch over nearer her, that maybe she had been mistaken and one too vocal bully of a flyer didn't mean she didn't have any friends.

~~~~

Cree frowned, watching as Tera got closer to the nest...he wasn't afraid of much...except his parents, like most hatchlings doomed to the age even he was.

He sighed as Splasher spoke up, "Really, that's all your brothers have to deal with, well I'd say they get off easily" he shot back distractedly, full focus on the direction of the nest.

He slowly took flight to follow after Tera close enough to hear if either of his parents really were at the nest...if they were he might want to think up an alibi for why Tera was either lying or this wasn't his fault or etc...

Tylr sighed, shaking his head, "I just don't get him...".

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(OOC: Well, I did ask if I could wrap up this little bit...and my grades are taking a good turn.)

Pterano edged closer. "It's okay." He tentatively put an arm around her. "You can still be friends with the rest of us." He said reassuringly. "And if I know my sister Tera, she's probably telling Mother on Cree right now." Pterano chuckled.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Peloro moved over to Drake and, keeping his cool, asked him what he was doing here.

"What is the point of making fun of us? I know that I shouldn't lose my temper, but-"

"Then, don't, dear!" Camara reminded him.

"Then I... I... who are you, and what is the situation?" Peloro asked Drake, hoping to learn more.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Drake looked over at the two long necks before speaking "If you must know, you can call me Drake, as for this situation, I would like to know myself, as far as I know, they just started arguing away" the fast bitter said with a shrug.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ada smiled, "I'd...like that, and you'll forgive me for saying so but I hope your brother's grounded for a whole cold time or something" she added, but was smiling.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pterano laughed. "I'd like to think so too! Not like it'll do anything to affect his behavior much, but at least he'll have learned a bit of a lesson."
He felt an urge to put his other arm around her and hug her. It would help to lift her spirits a bit more, but despite becoming her friend, he still felt like a total stranger.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tera couldn't help but smile as she finished telling their mother about what Cree had done and to a fellow flyer no less. She didn't know Cree was outside the nest but she continued to smile as she turned around preparing to fly back to where the group was and bring Cree home for a lesson on manners.

Splasher sighed loudly and looked over at Tylr as she replied, "Please come with me Tylr...we're going to cover Cree with mud and see how he likes not being able to fly for a few bright circles." she then began to step over towards the pond to gather the mud she'd need.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ada smiled, "Thanks Pterano, you're a great friend atleast" she said, leaning in herself to give Pterano a sort of hug before stepping back.

Tera didn't have to fly long though, since Cree stepped forward right away, "Ok I don't know what she told you, but it's exaggerated I promise!" he began to their mother, "Well...most of it...sort of...", why was lying to her so hard!

Tylr frowned, "Oh I don't really like that idea at all..." he said as he nonetheless followed, "It's sure to have Cree killing me later for sure" he frowned.

Trip laughed and followed the two, "Nonesense, it'll show you've got a backbone, I'll come help" he smiled. Violet sighed as she followed too, partly just to make sure the ill effects he feared didn't happen to Tylr she wouldn't deny, and to make sure Trip didn't get carried away as he could with the idea of/adventures.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pterano returned the smile and tried to think of something to say. "Well..uh..." He cleared his throat. "Maybe we could try to teach each other about how we live. Like...you could teach me about living at Big Water and I can teach you about living here." He suggested. "Then we can get equal blunt of the teasing."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tera smiled. "Come on mom...we all know how bad Cree is at lying. Lets just hear the punishment so I can tell Pterano about it!" She then blinked in surprise, as she usually didn't act this way, even when Cree did deserve a punishment.

Splasher grinned as she heard the others following.
"Don't worry Tylr, I promise Cree won't be doing much of anything once the mud dries on his wings. And Trip is right, it'll show Cree that even his little brother can stand up to him."

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Sounds like a plan" Ada smiled. "Come on, let's go down to the water and I'll start you off on the first round of lessons and telling".

~~~~

Even Cree was shocked by the words his sister said. "Excuse me..." he began.

The two hatchling's mother held up a wing to halt the argument though and with a slowly growing frown, it was decided that a full days grounding (literally) for the rest of the day was in order, yet there was a slight reprieve given so he could march over and apologize to the new flyer.

"Tera will make sure you do this last bit" his mother informed him. Cree folded his wings, "I'd rather eat dirt". At his mother's look, he sighed though. "Fine, done".

~~~~

"I guess..." Tylr said.

"Course it will!" Trip reassured. Since traveling together he'd started buddying up to Tylr a whole lot and figured helping the shy other flyer out was like his duty in life now.

"We probably shouldn't anger Cree too much though and get any of us grounded" Violet threw out.

"Aw, nothing like that" Trip assured.