The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rabbit is good.

Tobe · 10 · 1206

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Had a spur of the moment chase.  My little cousin was with me coming back from airing up paintball tanks and took the video, sorry it sucks, he sucks and it was on a cellphone anyway.   Pics on subsequent links.

Crappy video, have too look close to see it.

-  Corky standing in the middle of the damage path the Tornado left for scale.
-  Corky standing in the middle of the damage path the Tornado left for scale.

- Clearer shot, you can see in the background where the treeline has a HOLE in it from the funnel ripping through the area.

- The storm gave us a present as it left.

- HUGE scud clouds being pulled into the storm system.  Plus Sparky.
- HUGE scud clouds being pulled into the storm system.  Plus Sparky.

~Tobe

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Lovely rainbow :)
I never saw a tornado myself, though I did see some of the destruction caused by a storm even though it was not an actual tornado.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Nice Twister reference. :D

Just based on where I live, tornadoes are a rarity, if not impossible because of the terrain.  Good thing you were a safe distance from it.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My region rarely gets hit by twisters, but this has not been the case for the past two years.  Just last week, the entire week was filled with tornado warnings, tornado watches, and severe thunderstorm warnings.  We've had an insane amount of rainfall and thunderstorms this year already, and they're STILL saying we're lacking in adequate precipitation :blink:.  Anyhoo, last year, a rural area near my city of residence got hit by an F-4 twister, the first in more than a century.  I wish I had seen it as storms have always fascinated me.  I'll have to post pictures some locals had taken.  As destructive as they are, tornadoes (and storms in general) are fascinating to watch :yes.

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I attempted to move into meteorology but a combo of the math getting really hairy really fast and me trying to plow through 14hr of core to catch up from having a useless career guide my first to years saw the end of that.  So I'm I'm just content to be a spotter that knows what NOT to do around extreme weather.  XD

Oh, and unfortunately the Rabbit moniker was earned because my first spotting vehicle was a bright white '84 Nissan truck that apparently had a decidedly monty python look.  Specifically a lapine one.  I just play it into what I do.  Furry's, Storm Spotting, heck even paintball.

Twister is funny if you watch it has a comedy, though.

~Tobe

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
That's pretty cool! Loving the picture with the rainbow. Looks all blissful after the storm :D I've been in a hurricane (the one that hit the Caribbean and Mexico last year. Can't remember the name of it for the life of me  :p ). Did the tornado leave much in the way of destruction Tobe?

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
got to enjoy the twister quote, I live in tornado alley so twisters arent that big of a deal any more, not meaning that we dont care, but it doesn't surprise us if we see one. Heck, even last night we had twisters.

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yo, stopping back in.   No, not really much in the way of damage.

Though it did rain evergreen trees in this guy's field.
Though it did rain evergreen trees in this guy's field.

I forgot the most important pic last time.  The beast itself.
I forgot the most important pic last time.  The beast itself.

Oh, right.   Here.

My album on storms.   Last 2 pages are of this particular one.
My album on storms.   Last 2 pages are of this particular one.

~Tobe

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quite lucky indeed.  Twisters are pretty unpredictable...at least the film got that part correct. ;)  Man, its so flat there...I'm used to hills everywhere. :p

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here's a shot of the rare F-4 that hit my area last year.

Note: I did not take this photo, though I wish I did :D.