The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Yes

Ratiasu · 67 · 7893

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sorry Cyber...  :)  It's good to hear that you are getting better at social situations that comes with maturity. What areas are you really goodat , like Ratiasu is with writing or I am in history?. People with Asperger's tend to have subjrects that they are unsually gifted in...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok this is really wierd because, I basically have the same problem as all you guys :lol: I've never heard of Asperger's before, but I have terrible social problems. I hate it! :bang  I'm also seeing a counselor for it.

Wierd, I wonder if Land Before Time is actually some kind of special liking that people have with social problems! Like something about the series spawns off of this problem, creating some kind of diversion for the mind! Probably not, but sounds interesting :lol

But uuhh anyway, welcome! :D I think I'm a little late but, meh :P:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan,Aug 25 2006 on  03:57 PM
Ok this is really wierd because, I basically have the same problem as all you guys :lol: I've never heard of Asperger's before, but I have terrible social problems. I hate it! :bang  I'm also seeing a counselor for it.

Wierd, I wonder if Land Before Time is actually some kind of special liking that people have with social problems! Like something about the series spawns off of this problem, creating some kind of diversion for the mind! Probably not, but sounds interesting :lol

But uuhh anyway, welcome! :D I think I'm a little late but, meh :P:
Whoa, that is a bit weird. That might be true, that people with social...disabilities and other mental illnesses (my dad says that the people with mental illnesses are actually more advanced then the normal people, so it's kind of contradictory that we call it an illness)...hmm. Forgot where I was going with that. But you may just have extreme difficulty in social situations instead of Asperger's Syndrome, Littlefoot - there are certain characteristics people with AS have, like having narrow interests and such. And I don't mind you being late.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmmm, well I don't know, but it seems like everything you guys were pointing out applies to me as well! I'm not so sure about having narrow interests, but I know I don't like any kind of sport. In fact right when I wake up in the morning, I jump right on my computer and basically stay in my room most of the day. Except when I have to eat and stuff, you know :lol: I know it's not healthy, but everything you could ever want just seems to be on a computer!

We DO have a pool, so I get out a little bit, but only in my backyard.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan,Aug 25 2006 on  04:12 PM
Hmmm, well I don't know, but it seems like everything you guys were pointing out applies to me as well! I'm not so sure about having narrow interests, but I know I don't like any kind of sport. In fact right when I wake up in the morning, I jump right on my computer and basically stay in my room most of the day. Except when I have to eat and stuff, you know :lol: I know it's not healthy, but everything you could ever want just seems to be on a computer!

We DO have a pool, so I get out a little bit, but only in my backyard.
I don't think not having an interest in sports is an indication of AS. :\ But in any case, I do the same thing. Only when I'm at my mom's house she usually drags me away to do something as a bonding event, one thing per day. And I agree with you, about everything you could ever want being on the computer...well, for the most part. All I know is that when Will Wright's Spore comes out, the first creature I'm going to make is a Troodon. Either that or one of the many aliens I've cooked up in preperation for the release of the game.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think not having an interest in sports is an indication of AS
Oh I kind of figured, I was just pointing it out. :P:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan,Aug 25 2006 on  05:18 PM
I don't think not having an interest in sports is an indication of AS
Oh I kind of figured, I was just pointing it out. :P:
Ah. I see. So...anything you, for whatever reason, want to ask me? Okay, so I only asked that because I didn't want to end this post at three words - that would be a bit pathetic.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yea I know what you mean. Hmmm, no questions are coming to mind :slap

Can't find much to say in the social illness department.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan,Aug 25 2006 on  05:33 PM
Yea I know what you mean. Hmmm, no questions are coming to mind :slap

Can't find much to say in the social illness department.
Understood.

Yep. That's all I'm going to type.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Though I am good at socializing after 7 years of help.  But I'm still a bit of a recluse.  :lol: Lets see here.

Ratiasu: Writing

Nick: History

Me: science

LF Fan: what are you obsessed with?  :lol

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Funny thing is that unlike you guys I play sports, and i'm also  a diehard sports fan. I play tennis, basketall and i run as well. Helps to keep me in shape, and also allows me to think as I'm running. I like viedo games and using the computer as well(obviously or I wouldn't be writing this.... :D )
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 25 2006 on  11:34 PM
The Funny thing is that unlike you guys I play sports, and i'm also  a diehard sports fan. I play tennis, basketall and i run as well. Helps to keep me in shape, and also allows me to think as I'm running. I like viedo games and using the computer as well(obviously or I wouldn't be writing this.... :D )
I don't really find that funny, but rather a postive thing.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I meant it to be positive.  Asperger's covers a wide range of people, everyone is different. Asperger's is a form of autism, a mild form, luckily. While we share narrow interests(and tend to overdevelop our abilities concerning those interests), We also have the ability to compensate to a large degree for our 'limitations".
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 25 2006 on  11:39 PM
I meant it to be positive.  Asperger's covers a wide range of people, everyone is different. Asperger's is a form of autism, a mild form, luckily. While we share narrow interests(and tend to overdevelop our abilities concerning those interests), We also have the ability to compensate to a large degree for our 'limitations".
That much is evident in me. I got on the Honor Roll during my first year in highschool once...so I guess I'm not a total flunk in all my classes...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I was an honor student throughout my high school years, and finished with a GPA of 3.96 in my final semester( my actual GPa was 3.3ish) In College I just missed the Dean's listed in my Junior year. I was  3 hundredths off(I needed a 3.75 average I got  3.72. Iwas bummed, because you get a letter congratulating you on making the list, and also you get your name in the paper...) Oh well, I got my degree in history and that's what matters... :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 25 2006 on  11:52 PM
I was an honor student throughout my high school years, and finished with a GPA of 3.96 in my final semester( my actual GPa was 3.3ish) In College I just missed the Dean's listed in my Junior year. I was  3 hundredths off(I needed a 3.75 average I got  3.72. Iwas bummed, because you get a letter congratulating you on making the list, and also you get your name in the paper...) Oh well, I got my degree in history and that's what matters... :)
I don't know much about GPA's, but I'm guessing what you got is above average. In any case, I don't care much about school. But I have this drive to do my homework, and it's like if I don't complete it the world will stop and explode, so I'm like a role-model student because no one else does their homework at all. Three of my teachers said I would be famous one day...but I don't like all the attention.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes.  A 3.3 tranlates ato a b+, which is above average. In fact it is in between 'above average' and 'excellent'. anyway at least you do yyour homework. do you have any friends? By that I mean, people that you know and hang around with? I didn't have many of them myself during high school, but there were a few...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 26 2006 on  12:06 AM
Yes.  A 3.3 tranlates ato a b+, which is above average. In fact it is in between 'above average' and 'excellent'. anyway at least you do yyour homework. do you have any friends? By that I mean, people that you know and hang around with? I didn't have many of them myself during high school, but there were a few...
Mm, I see. Oh, and I don't have any friends. Not a single one. But I have found a possible friend who enjoys drawing and manga like I do...not that I really need any. I have my online buddies as it is.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Seems we have a topic about Aspergers.  No, I do not have AS at all, but I do have to know and realize what Aspergers Syndrome is just going into the teaching field.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 26 2006 on  07:16 AM
Seems we have a topic about Aspergers.  No, I do not have AS at all, but I do have to know and realize what Aspergers Syndrome is just going into the teaching field.
More like we have a topic about myself, the thoughts about what I originally typed (thoughts about LBT7 and stuff), the Lone Dinosaur MIDI action9000 made, Asperger's Syndrome, our experiences with Asperger's Syndrome, what we're good at in school, a mention of premature babies, a post that complains about how attractive one of my role-play characters apparently is to female characters, and what our hobbies are. Wow. Why is this topic so dang long?