The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The plated sharptooth

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Am I the only one who's noticed how much brighter colored and less wrinkled he is?

See here...

Chomper's parents have the same dark hued and wrinkled skin that the original sharptooth, and pretty much all other sharpteeth, have. But the plated one's skin is not only much brighter, but not wrinkled.

So...does this mean he's younger than the other sharpteeth in the series? Or does this just apply to his species?

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ow, it hurts my eyes.

I would guess, perhaps, both options apply. I've always seen him as a much younger Sharptooth than Chomper's parents, as well as a different species. He doesn't (I'm assuming) have kids, nor a mate, so that might explain why there could be an age difference. Or maybe he's a lone wolf. Whatever floats your boat I guess (some pun intended. geddit haha). Also, it seems kind of obvious, to me at least, that he's a different species than Chomper's parents. So that could also be a possibility.

Real talk tho, he was an actual spartan and one of the most threatening Sharpteeth (Sharptooth, Sharptooths (plural?)) in the sequels. Maybe they just wanted to distinguish him.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I never really thought much about it, but now that I look back on it, I think he is a younger sharptooth and showed a lot in the film.

I mean he was able to take down both of Chomper's parents with ease. Usually when it's two against one, you're outnumbered and screwed at that point, unless your Steven Segal.

Chomper's parents are likely older and aren't able to fight off other sharpteeth as much as they use too in their younger days. That's my opinion on the matter.

Ducky_is_best_dino

• Ruby
    • View Profile
/
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:27:45 PM by Ducky_is_best_dino »

Dino-Mario

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Well, the plated sharptooth is said to be a Giganotosaurus

While he vaguely looks like the real thing, it's pretty obvious to notice it's from a different species. Chomper and his family are all recognizable as Tyrannosauruses, and the new guy's design clearly shows how different it is from other theropods that have appeared before. Plus, G. carolinii was discovered two years early before the fifth movie and gained fame quickly due to it being bigger than T. Rex and stuff. So yeah, it's safe to assume they gave Giganoto a fearsome design to match its reputation.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I always assumed the plated dinosaur was an Allosaurus or Carnotaurus. Although an Allosaurus is much smaller than T-Rex.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Nah, it's a Giganotosaurus. It's a bit bigger than Chomper's parents.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)