The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Where to buy land before time Movies?

Duckyfan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
ive tried a lot of places and i have only found the tv show but im looking for a few of the movies i cant order off of ebay nor craiglist any stores that would have some of them?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm...I have not really seen any of the movies.  Wal*Mart and Target don't appear to carry 'em anymore.  I have not been to a Toys R Us in over a year, so I have no idea if they still have 'em.  Last time I was there, they had all the films.  I'd suggest ya check out Toys R Us and see what they have :idea.

Why can't ya use eBay or Craigslist?  Are ya still a minor?  If it's too personal of a question, I can understand.  If you're able to order online, I'd suggest ya check out Toys R Us' website, or even the official Land Before Time website and see what ya can find.

:goodluck

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Unless you can find a sort of "Retro Movie Store" (And yes, those do exist.) your ONLY chance of finding them is online.  eBay and Amazon are the top bets in that case.

Ever since the closing of the office in Mid 2008, The Land Before Time Movies have gone downhill in finding outside the net.  I'm not surprised that you are having problems like this.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I saw a ton of them at Half Price Books, but I don't think they have the movies at every single one.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can try used book stores like half price maybe.  If you have a large book store like barnes and noble they may be able to special order them for you.  Amazon & deepdiscount have them, though you have to order online at those places.  No idea if video stores can special order or not.  Plus in some versions of the movies 2-11 you can get 2 movies on 1 dvd.

Duckyfan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try toys r us and i have gone to half price books and i found journey through the mists and the mysterious island. But i tried borders and they had one land before time dvd and it was the tv series.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Suncoast may have some. The one by where I live has some of the movies in the two disc editions. They also had some DVDs from the tv series. The Toys r' Us by my old house only had two Land Before Time DVDs and they were also from the TV series.

But yes, Half Price Books would definately have them. That's probably your best bet.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm guessing you don't want to use a credit card or something.  There's a simple solution to that.  Go buy a Target or WalMart gift card in the store, then buy the movies online.  Very simple.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If that would work you can check online on a website of a store that is near you and get some lbt movies on dvd that way, or maybe you can special order, some stores let you special order.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't know if it is the same in the US as it is over here, but you might also want to check out which of their DvDs some video rents stores are selling. I got a good number of my LBT DvDs that way. They were very cheap but in mint condition. Apparently they hadn't been borrowed too often :unsure:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Amazon's the way to go. I got like seven of the LBT movies for like a cent each, plus shipping. They were used, of course, but in good quality.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
I usually will look at either Best Buy or at F.Y.E. Some Fye stores were shut down and I think there is only one left open where I live and yes it's a long, but fun drive though.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Nowadays I can normally find the mega pack of all the films at Wal-Mart in town, and other DVDs with maybe 2 films. They're really not hard to come by (at least where I live in Canada).
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)