The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Scene Mistake

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

I never noticed this before. I was watching the movie and I noticed that during this part, when the cherry dropped in the flyer's mouth, the scene sort of bugged out. So I went in frame by frame and noticed that certain details of the scene changed, in-scene.

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I have read somewhere that they used two different background drawings in the scene. That should be the cause for this.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting.  I never noticed that before.  You must have an eye for detail or something.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Oopsy doodles! One mistake there...
It okay. At least it still good movie...

And why me talking like this?  :lol
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Lookie here. I found another in-scene background change. I guess I do have a good eye. Now I'm on the hunt for anymore of these background changes.  :smile

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah yeah I aw it also. I guess they did that on purpose.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It wasn't done on purpose. Mistakes like this happen all the time in animation.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It can be fun to look for some animation mistakes.  I think there use to be a thread about that here or maybe I am mis remembering.  As I recall Superfriends (a cartoon I use to watch as a kid in the 70's and into the 80's) had some big ones at times.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've pointed out a few myself.

1. Check the scene where they meet Petrie and watch as Littlefoot's treestar disappears. (Keep an eye on that treestar.  It tends to do this several times.)

2. Check the scene where the gang gets chased by Sharptooth, and you notice Petrie disappear.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just found another one in the cherry scene. When the purple flyer steals the cherry away and the others chase him and they hit the log, the background changes.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh yeah I did notice that when I saw the part. And I like finding animation mistakes. It's pretty fun.