The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Petrie's solos have got to go!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Just saw "One of a Kind" and I sure hope that is the last time Universal gives Petrie a solo in song.  When he was part of the harmony with the group in earlier songs, it was tolerable because he at least made sense.  Really...listen to what he's saying in this one song...that grammar is just terrible on so many levels its not even funny, and should not be in song.  I know its his character and he's always spoken like that, but this time it sticks out and begs to be heard.

One more thing--kids often pick up on syntax, language, lingo and everything else when they're younger...I sure hope they skip this lesson and don't pick up on that.

No more Petrie solos.  He works better as a harmonizer when everyone is going for the same words (meaning he loses his speech impediment) and the same notes and range.  Alone he sounds a bit like Maddie Blaustein when she tries to sing for Meowth sometimes...just doesn't work too well.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Agreed. Petrie's voice is just too shrill, rough, and piercing to sound good while singing. That or they need to take a different approach to how he sings his solos.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Bruton the Iguanodon

Yes. Petrie sounded awkward in "Good Inside" and "One of a kind" and just terrible in "Boring" (although this might be due to the fact that he had a cold.) This may partly explain why he didn't have a part in "Always there".

http://www.1channel.ch/external.php?title=...bQ==&loggedin=0

101:55

Petrie's imitation of Alanis Morrisette!   :smile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMLGqipdJ8g

Because I can. (For those who don't want to watch the full video, skip to 1:25 and wait for Petrie to start :D )

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Nov 27 2011 on  04:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMLGqipdJ8g

Because I can. (For those who don't want to watch the full video, skip to 1:25 and wait for Petrie to start :D )
The vid has been blocked.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Works for me, but I guess that's because it's my video.. *looks around*

In fact all my lbt vids have been blocked *sadface*

Nevermind then.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I never really thought he sounded that bad in songs like "Boring" and "Good Inside" because frankly, those are kind of light-hearted, fun songs and hearing him sing in them is more amusing than painful. The fact that he had a cold in the song "Boring" only added to the amusement :p Now in songs like "Always There" and "Best Friends", I can see where you're coming from, as those are very emotional songs, and his voice would not do them justice if he were to have a solo (can't remember how much he sang in the "Best Friends" song).

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Mar 26 2007 on  02:56 AM
Agreed. Petrie's voice is just too shrill, rough, and piercing to sound good while singing. That or they need to take a different approach to how he sings his solos.
Interestingly, when they first started on the sequels and Bennet sounded like Will Ryan's Petrie, his voice was the lowest of the group, and boy, does it show in the first song of the series (I almost thought it was Spike I was hearing!)!

So I'm pretty sure that's why Petrie's voice was changed, it just clashed too much. Now, however, it just makes an awkward sounding group of kid or kid-like voices sound even more awkward.

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TabalugaDragon
I completely disagree with everyone here. I absolutely love Petrie's voice and the times he sings(my favorite song "imaginary friends") are some of the best pieces of LBT for me. LBT would not be the same for me without his nice, cartoony, emotional voice
Jeff Bennet was even nominated for "imaginary friends" song