The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Which is your favourite Littlefoot voice actor?

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
After doing a Cera and Ducky VA poll. I thought I'd do one for Littlefoot. I wasn't sure about doing it at first as there a re soo many Littlefoot VAs as he's the most re-cast character.

Now unlike Cera and Ducky, I'm not too fussed about Littlefoot's voice as they always got a kid actor to do his voice. Unlike some character's in later sequel's.
The only films were I have a problem with Littlefoot's voice is the 9th were his VA is clearly starting to go through puberty. And I think there was a scene in the 10th film were it kinda sounded to me like his VAs voice broke. (It's when Littlefoot is climbing up some trees to get a better view) And in the LBT 11 he sounds really badly acted here and there to me.

Anyway I think my personal favourite's are tied between Gabriel Damon and Scott McAfee. As there the ones I grew up with, are well acted, and suite Littlefoot most to me.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
To this day; when it comes to Littlefoot's voice actors; my favorites is a tie between Gabriel Damon and Scott McAfee.

I believe that Scott McAfee was also one of the better singers.  

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Littlefoot fan 1990,Jan 4 2015 on  04:21 PM
To this day; when it comes to Littlefoot's voice actors; my favorites is a tie between Gabriel Damon and Scott McAfee.

Ah we've 2 of a kind:)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I won't vote because I just can't really make up my mind. I didn't really have a problem with any of Littlefoot's VA's and they all kind of sounded similar to each other so I wouldn't notice the differences as much as for say Ducky where they were rather obvious. I only don't like the fact that Thomas Dekker is singing in LBT 5. Especially in "Friends for Dinner" his voice is so different from Brandon LeCroix's.
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot fan 1990,Jan 4 2015 on  10:21 AM

I third this opinion.  Though I personally thought that all of the voice actors did a fine job.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 4 2015 on  08:41 PM
I won't vote because I just can't really make up my mind. I didn't really have a problem with any of Littlefoot's VA's and they all kind of sounded similar to each other so I wouldn't notice the differences as much as for say Ducky where they were rather obvious. I only don't like the fact that Thomas Dekker is singing in LBT 5. Especially in "Friends for Dinner" his voice is so different from Brandon LeCroix's.
Fair enough. I knew some people would struggle to vote with 8 choice's. I remember you saying Littlefoot has gone through a lot of voice changes in the German dubs too.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh yeah... only the differences are a little more obvious :p In the Original Littlefoot really sounds like a young boy and in LBT 2 his VA must have reached puberty already  :rolleyes

Then again, I think some did a really good job. The VA of Ducky in LBT 8 put much more emotion into what Ducky was saying (and singing) than Aria for example.
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 5 2015 on  12:01 PM
Oh yeah... only the differences are a little more obvious :p In the Original Littlefoot really sounds like a young boy and in LBT 2 his VA must have reached puberty already  :rolleyes

Then again, I think some did a really good job. The VA of Ducky in LBT 8 put much more emotion into what Ducky was saying (and singing) than Aria for example.
Yes I've head a kind of audio book version (which has the audio from the film) of the German dub of LBT 1 songs from LBT 2 in German and yes Littlefoot dose sound like he's on the verge of going through puberty. Kinda like his VA in the English version of the LBT 9) And in the German version of LBT 4 he sounds young again. (I heard the German version of it takes all sorts.)

But the worst foreign dubbed voice of Littlefoot I've heard so far is in the Swedish dub of LBT 4. As his VAs voice in that dub has completely cracked making him sound way too old... :rolleyes

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Just thought I'd say, when the 14th film comes out, I'll make an update of this poll. And see what we think of Felix Avitia's performance as Littlefoot.

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TabalugaDragon
Thomas Dekker all the way. Absolutely love Littlefoot's voice in my favorite sequels(7-9)
Edit- oh just found out Thomas Dekker was nominated for his voice acting in Stone of Cold Fire, as Well as Michael York for voicing Pterano