The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My workplace made the news!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey gang!

Interesting event unfolded at my place of work earlier this week. I work in a village pub (as much as I despise the place :lol) so you can imagine, not an awful lot of excitement happens in a sleepy village. Lo and behold, on Monday afternoon around 2pm, I got a call from one of my work colleague uttering the words, "A bus has driven into the pub!" I thought he was joking at first but then he told me that's he's been forced to work BECAUSE a bus had driven into the pub; it was his day off but he had to cover for the landlady who was upset by the incident. Curiousity getting the better of me, I past by the pub and, to my surprise, there was a bus half hanging over the beer garden wall of the pub!
Apparently, the driver either fell asleep at the wheel or blacked out and swerved into the outside wall surrounding the beer garden. Thankfully, the bus didn't hit the actual building, nor did it hit anyone sitting in the beer garden. What makes the whole thing scarier is that there is usually a table right by where the bus wiped out the wall! But, the landlady moved the outside furniture about the night before and forgot to move this one particular table back to its regular place. Thank God she didn't! The bus driver was carted off to hospital and apparently there was one other passenger on the bus who had minor injuries but thankfully, there were no major harmings. The wall is completely levelled and now we're suddenly the most famous pub in the area. Sadly, there is no online article about this but we've saved the newspaper clipping of the incident and a photo was taken of the bus just after it hit the wall. I'll take a snappy of them and posted them up here after work. Just thought I'd share that little anecdote with you all! Peace out people! ;)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whew, glad nobody was hurt and hardly anything was broken. Good luck with the new publicity, lol :P:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
That'll be a story for the future. I remember living in Escondido, it was so cool when a local story made the routes, and you had been a witness. You were almost a mini-celebrity of sorts, until things calmed down.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Sounds like someone not only mistook your pup for a -, but also redefined the meaning of the word drive-in :p
I'm glad nobody was hurt. I hope that the insurance will cover the damage?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

Found the picture of the bus slamming into my place of work. Check out the link below:

Bus Crashing into My Pub!
Bus Crashing into My Pub!

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Apr 27 2010 on  01:46 PM
Hey guys!

Found the picture of the bus slamming into my place of work. Check out the link below:
Wait a minute, where's the pub? :blink:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm glad no one was seriously injured.  Sounds like the driver either got bored or didn't have enough sleep before.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Coyote_A,Apr 27 2010 on  06:18 AM
Wait a minute, where's the pub? :blink:
The pub is further to the right of the picture. The bus only hit the beer garden wall (which isn't physically attached to the main building). We have a glass conversatory that, if the bus had continued any further, would have shattered it completely. Thankfully no one was hurt but it must have been bloody scary to see a bus come ploughing through the wall whilst people outside were having their lunch! Kinda makes me wonder why the driver wanted to make a left hand turn on a straight road  :p

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, that must've been pretty exciting! The closest my workplace has had to that was when one of the docs left his van in neutral. It's great no one was hurt, though. Close call, eh? :lol: