The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart by Mumbling

Mumbling · 528 · 57484

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks for puting it in the right subforum Tim.

I cannot draw many lbt characters.. Actually, I only can draw one. Ducky.This is my first attempt to use photoshop.

I might try some more art..

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You should be proud of yourself.  Ducky has been deemed the HARDEST member of the gang to draw. (With both handdrawn and on the computer.) Being able to draw her with such precision shows quite a bit of talent.  No one has been able to draw Ducky perfectly without TONS of practice.  Seriously, if you can draw her, you can draw anyone.

If you ask me, you did quite well with her, though I'm sure a certian mod will be by soon and tell you if you're a little off or not. :P: (Chances are that you messed up with the nose.  That's THE hardest part of her.) (Though if you got that right, you'll be highly praised. :D) Anyways, great job, and I hope you keep it up! :^.^:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The nose.. I did that part over 4 times.. The mouth 6. The original(coloured) drawing is this:

Edit: I have only drawn ducky once before.. And only her head, because her body didn't want to work out. This time the head turned out a bit strange, while the body worked out fine. I know it is just putting 2 parts together,, but is sooo hard.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you Kjeldo, I feel honoured..  :lol:

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I can't draw Ducky at all... :p

This is very good! :yes give yourself  a pat on the back. :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
:lol Ouch, I patted myself too hard.. *red back*

And maybe the admins can change the name of the topic too.. it should've been 'Fanart by Mumbling'... I think I was sleepy..(not weird)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
And maybe the admins can change the name of the topic too.. it should've been 'Fanart by Mumbling'... I think I was sleepy..(not weird)
I changed this topic name as you requested.

Very nicely-done, Mumbling!  Photoshop is a tricky program to get used to; I took a class on it back in high school and I'm not not very good with it. :p

Very cool!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
triple thanks, tim =) I can't work with photoshop I just do some effects sometime, I liked the way it turned green =P. Normally I only draw with a pencil.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Since your drawing came out so well do you plan on doing more?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
You should be proud of yourself. Ducky has been deemed the HARDEST member of the gang to draw.
I don't know if there really is a scale on some characters being specifically harder to draw than others, but I guess that perception may vary depending on the artist. The proportions are certainly tricky.
I like the expression of your character (a bit like she just noticed something or is a little surprised about something).
As for constructive criticism, you mentioned that the nose was particularly difficult for you. I think the lower part of Ducky's nose usually runs roughly parallel to the upper part of her mouth. Her hands (though scientifically incorrect) sport an opposable thumb as seems to be the case with Ducky's right- but not with the left hand in the picture where fingers look a bit too equal in length.
Please don't mistake this for harsh criticism or something. Please keep going, I'm looking forward to see your next pictures Iris :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do, yes. Littlefoot has helped me today. I am working at ducky being angry, but this time I make it from nothing. The drawing you see here... Her position was from a movie. (although the head was done by myself) Now I am planning to do both the head and the body by myself.

@ malte.. I am not really the one who's got a big eye for detail. They say Ducky is the hardest to draw, I don't know.. I think Cera is the hardest. I had the nose almost paralel to her mouth before.. But it was really looking strange =P. Next drawing might get more details though.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If you wish to work on some of her face parts more you could practice drawing ducky's face doing different expressions.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think Cera is the hardest. I had the nose almost paralel to her mouth before.. But it was really looking strange =P.
I guess the ratio of the mouth to the eyes would have to be taken into account too. The distance of the mouth to the left / right eye would be similar but might vary a bit depending on the expression ;)  <_<  -_-
I think (again, this is just meant to help you and not to talk low of your drawing which I really like) the mouth is a little wry as the left corner of her mouth seems to be closer to the left eye than the right corner of her mouth to the right eye (left and right from Ducky's point of view). If now the nose was parallel to the mouth it would look like the nose was larger on one side than on the other. Faces are tricky as all the parts of it are interrelated. I don't want to know how much eraser volume I have used up on faces already :lol

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well done Iris!  :yes
Though, you showed it to me before!  :^.^:
Looking even better with colors now!
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
...Yeah!  You go, Iris! :D Keep drawing!
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Looks pretty good. :yes I tried to draw Ducky once but it turned out terribly.  I don't remember if I posted it here or not.  I certainly hope not.  It was baaaaaaad. :p

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Eh, you can always try again Austin...! :yes

If at first, you don't succeed, try, try again...

If at first, you DO succeed, try to hide your astonishment...! :lol
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The best way to get better at drawing is to keep drawing, or so I've heard.