The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

Darwin's Soldiers 3 Discussion

Serris · 1486 · 113915

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Heh, I just used an interrobang. I tried to use an interrobang during the second RP and got a box error. Looks like the forum has advanced along with the role-play.

It's amazing how long we stuck through this. It's gonna be weird having Darwin's Soldiers over...I was in high school when this all began, and now I'm a college graduate looking for work in San Francisco.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
wellyou can join other rps lbt. you're a good rper. real life comes first naturally, but if you have any ideas or characters you want to play, let me know,...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
And that's a wrap!

Thanks for the 5 years guys! What an epic story!

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I know, right.  Heck, we may just have to start another one~

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Hey, LB&T, I'm reading your future fics. And I love them!

It's kinda depressing to see Shelton fall from great scientist to drunkard.

On a side note, I thought I made it canon that Dr. Zanasiu's (adopted!) son was a Peregrine Falcon named Erik Zanasiu-Varma and that he and Sharon had hyphenated their names?

Oh well, consider this a canon proclamation:

As biotech has advanced so much, James Zanasiu Jr. is in fact, the second (and biological) son of Sharon and Doctor Zanaisu.

However, he has some Human traits - namely he can actually sweat like a Human but he looks outwardly canine.  In addition, he has a odd number of chromosomes so he is sterile. However, reproductive cloning allows so-called "Twin Specians" like him to reproduce.

Edit: Time travel makes my head spin. But still a pretty kickass addition.

I have to determine the canonicity but for now, I'll file it as alternate continuity.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Don't make any proclamations until you've finished reading them: There's justification for Junior's absense in the epilogue, and I think I mention he was born before they got married, hense the lack of hyphenated name. (Both of these reasons are why I didn't use Erik; I only borrow characters if I'm going to leave them in the same state I borrowed them.)

Timeline:
2009: the events of Disruptive Selection occur.
2033: the events of Chasing Seconds occur.
2039: the Disruptive Selection epilogue occurs. Remember I said I needed it to be at least 30 years later because of something I was working on? ;)

Sorry for ignoring your statement about species not being able to reproduce together, but it really cut out a good source of dramatic tension and storytelling possibilities. A major theme of CS is that all three main characters are trying to live up to the legacies of their larger-then-life parents.

Everyone else, Serris is talking about the miniseries I published on the Darwins Soldiers blog to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the 1st roleplay. Now I'm working on a video game! Once I get non-phone internet in my new apartment I'll start posting about it on the blog, its looking really good so far.