The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time 6 Showcase - August 2022

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Much like the Lone Dinosaur himself, the sixth film has entered the valley with few words.... so I guess that I will need to add a few to get the discussion started. :smucky

------------

In this topic please feel free to discuss your thoughts on the sixth film.  I will go ahead and present a few questions to get things started:

1) One of the major themes of this film seems to be hero worship and (as depicted in the case of Grandpa Longneck) how it is not necessary to idolize distant figures as heroes, as heroes exist all around us in our everyday lives.  Do you agree that this is a major theme of the film, and do you agree with that premise?

2) What are your thoughts on the “Legend of the Lone Dinosaur” song?

3) In terms of the questionable things that the gang has done in their lives, where does ‘Littlefoot going into a sharptooth’s mouth in order to take one of its teeth’ rank?  :bestsharptooth

4) What are your general thoughts about Doc as a character?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 07:32:43 AM by rhombus »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The Secret of Saurus Rock is my favorite LBT film. I love how it and Stone of Cold Fire are mystical, and have The Quest for Holy Grail feel to them.

1) Hero worship is invitable. I’d say why not admire heroes of old and those among us? :angel

2) I love the western sound of the Lone Dinosaur Song. I think Rhett shoukd have sang a similar song in The Great Longneck Scheme.   :rhett_smile

3) Littlefoot entering a Sharptooth’s mouth is iconic. He is one of the few to enter the mouth of our kind and live.  :taunttroll

4) Doc is one of my favorite visiting characters to The Great Valley. I love his Dino (Man) With No Name vibe and that he’s Diplodocus.  :DocSerious

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
1) One of the major themes of this film seems to be hero worship and (as depicted in the case of Grandpa Longneck) how it is not necessary to idolize distant figures as heroes, as heroes exist all around us in our everyday lives.  Do you agree that this is a major theme of the film, and do you agree with that premise?

I think it took a while to actually get to the point, but yeah I'd agree with that. Kids idolizing others, whether it's a celebrity or someone closer is almost a given really, so I like that they explored that. I suppose it would have been a good time (yes I know I keep going on about it, no I'm not letting it go) to mention that Littlefoot's mother was a hero, but hey. :p Grandpa gets a moment to shine though, so that's something.

Nope, no, it's not catchy at all- Dino-SAAAAUUUUUR♫

3) In terms of the questionable things that the gang has done in their lives, where does ‘Littlefoot going into a sharptooth’s mouth in order to take one of its teeth’ rank?  :bestsharptooth

I mean... yeah that one takes the cake. Also how did it take until the sharptooth was almost fully standing for him to realise it was alive? :p

I think he's cool. I like the mysterious, reserved, lonely traveller type.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 02:44:47 PM by somerandomfangirl »

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
I haven't seen the movie yet but I pretty much know what happens, and I know all the iconic scenes, so I'll try my best.  :bronGoodJob

Littlefoot deffinetly looked up to Doc. But since I never watched the film, I don't know if this inspiration of his was the main bulk of the film. I'm sure they had some bits here and there where Littlefoot and Doc shared time together. And yes, I do agree with that statment. Though, I know it's hard to recognize every hero.

I'm with SRFG, that song is a hecking bop. It's one of the few songs that I liked in the tv series.

By far, I feel like they can't do any worse than this. In the later movies, I think he would reconsider things and find a safer way to restore thier luck or whatever.

Oh my treestars, he has got to be one of the most interesting characters in the whole franchise! His personality is so unique, he's like a southern cow boy dino! His design is kinda cool two. I think Doc is one of the few characters that have perminint scars. Well, normally you see them on the villans, like Red claw, but to put that element into a good guy character means something more. He's deffinetly had a long mysterios life, and I'd wish I had the oppurtunity to watch the movie.
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0