The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

[VO] Voice-over Main Discussion Topic

Ducky123 · 178 · 34768

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I finally decided to post an idea for a project I had in mind for quite some time now.

Well, the idea is to voice the characters of TLBT. This means:
- picking a movie to do the project(I'd like to start with the Original :))
- cast members( who will voice which character?), that'd mean the members who are interested in this project would have to send me some lines of all needed characters( I/we would choose the lines, e.g. Littlefoot's Mother: "Let your heart guide you..."). The recordings of your voices would be posted here so that everyone can help me to decide who is the best choice for a certain character( e.g. I wouldn't be a good choice for Ducky, I guess :P:).
- After all 'voice actors' had been casted, those voice actors have to record all lines of their character( I think this is the easiest way, isn't it? A live recording very likely won't work after all  :confused ) and send it to me or post it here so that I can complete the project...

There is a problem[/u][/b] though... Neither do I have the knowledge and the skills nor the programs to do the project... I hope someone can declair his/her willingness to do this   :exactly We need someone who is able to replace the original voices of the voice actors by our recordings of our voices.

I hope this will work, I really think it would strengthen the community :yes

So what do you guys think? :)

EDIT: Iris(Mumbling)will do the computer stuff I'm not able to do :)

Feel free to send any auditions to Mumbling through Discord or by email via thelionqueen@live.nl

Here's the script: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n9Lb5eAjHI7sSLEoIWH3ck69h4fDFeP_WMIwS1WZ6BA/edit

Edit: Just updated all the information - Mumbling
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 03:34:00 AM by Mumbling »
Inactive, probably forever.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
I think it is fine.
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This could work. We had an audio book project for a while, that didn't work out so well. We could make it work with the first movie (I have all the editing skills necessary). The problem being however that there are a lot of lines. Perhaps starting with a shorter story, such as one of the tv series, would be easier to accomplish.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Or if you don't want to try to tackle a whole episode maybe a short scene, from a movie or tv episode so everyone involved will know what it's like and what's involved in doing this sort of thing.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This could work. We had an audio book project for a while, that didn't work out so well. We could make it work with the first movie (I have all the editing skills necessary). The problem being however that there are a lot of lines. Perhaps starting with a shorter story, such as one of the tv series, would be easier to accomplish.
Or if you don't want to try to tackle a whole episode maybe a short scene, from a movie or tv episode so everyone involved will know what it's like and what's involved in doing this sort of thing.
So you would do the editing, Iris? Biggest problem fixed, yep, yep, yep :)
I agree that we should start with something shorter than the original. Refering to Kor's idea I suggest to use the original but to do scene after scene, not necessarily chronological. We could start with a scene like the scene where Littlefoot, Ducky, Petrie and Spike managed to get food together while Cera didn't manage to get food until Littlefoot helps Cera... I think this scene is interesting to start with since we'd have the main cast( the Gang) in it so we can choose the voice actors for the most important characters first :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Right, in that case you'd have to find suitable voice actors and make a list of who is to say what ;)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Right, in that case you'd have to find suitable voice actors and make a list of who is to say what wink.gif
Alright, so I ask the obvious question :lol Who would like to voice a character? I can't promise you'll get the character you wish to have, your voice should (veeeeeeeeeery roughly) sound like the character you'd like to voice ;)
Furthermore, which scene would you like to start with? It should be from the original movie if possible :yes
Maybe we can do a poll to vote on suitable scenes to start with :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am willing to join in, I have a relatively deep female voice. I guess I could also pass for a young guy. Give me any character that suits :)

Perhaps you can edit your first post with the characters playing in the first movie and combine those with interested members.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I'm willing to give this a shot, considering I can do quite a lot of voices (despite my middle baritone voice)! I'd be willing to play Petrie, if possible. I can really do it!

EDIT: I'm considering playing the few lines that Cera's Dad has as well...

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow! So many are interested :wow You're great guys :exactly

I am willing to join in, I have a relatively deep female voice. I guess I could also pass for a young guy. Give me any character that suits smile.gif
Then maybe Littlefoot's Mother would be the best option for you, Iris :)
Perhaps you can edit your first post with the characters playing in the first movie and combine those with interested members.
Good idea :yes

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
My voice is fairly deep baritone, so I'm not sure it's fit any of the characters. Would love to contribute if I could, though.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I'd be up for it! What better chance to get in on a LBT movie than to am-dram the voices. My voice is fairly flexible to a point. Apparently I do a good impression of Mo which is odd considering how high his voice is. Kinda middle toned, male voice but willing to have a go at stretching to fit the character. Anyone from the kids to the adults; I don't mind.  :D

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Sure, this sounds like a cool project! I have a fairly deep female voice, but like Iris, could do a young male, and can also push up the pitch a bit. I'm not too sure of what character I could do, though.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To those of you who are not sure which character your voice might fit best yet: I'll write your names under the character list as 'still undecided'. I think we should wait one to two weeks and then start to plan the project. I will start a poll about which scene to start with at the weekend so we could concentrate on one scene of the Original movie (there are 16 after all :DD). The only question I have atm is: Just voting here in this topic (every participant of this topic having one, two or three votes?) or starting a poll where, technically, members who don't participate in this project can vote, too?

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Making it a poll for everyone seems to be the most reasonable option here.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've just prepared the very first part of the movie (with all the kids being born and the narrator) just to see how much work it'll be. I'll show the results later on. Low quality of course since we shouldn't be sharing too much or the GoF may be in danger.

Edit:
Alright, here goes nothing:

Audio only:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=969B5ucfZUU

Example how voice-over would be put on by me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkiPijCHy2I

PS: Narrator voice starts about 2:20 in normally.
PPS: Ignore the youtube account, I don't want another strike from universal so I uploaded it to one of my less important accounts.

What do you think?