The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I'm still seeing LBT DVD's in stores

Jrd89 · 12 · 1623

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
.....Sold in stores all wrapped in brand new condition, that is. :)

I just wanted to say that when I was at Wal-mart today (In Stuart, FL), In the mosic & movies section, I came across a DVD of the t.v. series.

(My dad and I went to the store, and we split up. I always like to go to the electronics section)

It was "Magical Discoveries"- and that one included "Days of Rising Waters"

(I already saw that episode on youtube, BTW.)

And there happened to be 10 copies of it lined up right there in a row! I was shocked and very surprised. :)

But, returning to the main DVD subject, now.

I'm very happy and pleased that there are some lbt DVD's are being sold in brand new condition in certain stores today in 2011.

Now in my old town, in South Haven, MI. There were NO lbt dvds sold at that Wal-mart or in ANY store there (except for two old thrift stores, that is) ,

In one video rental store, they only had "The great longneck migration", and in the other one, a "Family Video" had only 1 left in that entire place! , the series DVD "through the eyes of a spike tail"

I can remember in that SAME "Family Video" in 1995, that they had "The Time of the Great Giving" being shown on ALL the monitors in that place! I remember, I was in first grade.

And the shelves were PACKED with DOZENS of LBT VHS tapes! Yes, I do remember it clearly, too.

Summary: I'm very pleased that some certain LBT DVD titles are still being sold in brand new condition in stores today. :)

For a minute there, I thought LBT VHS tapes and DVDs were only around in old thrift shops or second-hand stores.

to "bushwacked" and "redtooth101": Hey guys, I think it's time to add to the "Flyers of the mysterious beyond" story. It's due for an update. ;) It's been a few days now.

Update: Guys! I found "The Stone of Cold Fire" on DVD at Barnes & Noble today!!!

(I'll talk about it in another thread...)

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
You can find LBT DVD's in Universal Studios (the theme park) too. They have a whole collection of those in their merchandise store. :DD ;)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Here in Zagreb there are many new "Zemlja daleke proslosti" ("Land of distant past" in Croatian) DVDs too. Especially DVDs of the original movie (this is the 66 min version, and Ducky is male in the Croatian dub :blink: ). In book stores they cost 60 kunas (8 euros or 11 dollars), and in supermarkets you can find them for 30 kunas. No sign of VHS though, in stores or newspaper announcements. It seems that LBT is a relatively recent phenomenon in Croatia. The TV series haven't been translated to Croatian, though I don't know why because Croatian is well understood by Slovenes, Bosniaks, Serbs and Macedonians. It's a market of 20 million people. I know that Serbs don't do their own dubs, they simply take the Croatian ones. I guess they don't appreciate their language as much as we appreciate our own.

Jim Gamma

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I wish they'd sell Region 2 DVDs of the series. We only have the films here. :/

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
I bought The Land Before Time IV: Journey Through the Mists at f.y.e. for only $5. If I go to Walmart they sell the T.V. series for $5 a DVD. They still sell them.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I hope the local Blockbuster still have the Region 2 DVD series.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I can only find the films by using amazon, they don't seem to sell them in stores anymore in england. I found the first 4 films for £3 in total though, which I thought was pretty good.

*To Jrd89: Sorry for the delay in posting to the RP, I've been really busy lately. I think RedTooth101 should post next though.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
The supermarket "REAL" in Germany also sells several LBT DVDs. I bought LBT1, LBT4 and LBT10 there, and there were also many DVDs about the LBT series (only two episodes per DVD, so there are 13 DVDs in Germany just for the series). There were even LBT merchandising articles (I bought a small one because I was too embarrassed to buy the big version of the article).

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh wow, that's great to hear.  If only I could find LBT 2 and 3 at a store. ANY store, they're just impossible to find now these days. <_<

My local video store, not Blockbuster or Rogers although they're both near where I live, has numbers 1, 4, 5, 6 I think, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. If your asking me why, it's a place that has movies from the 1930's or something, yet they have all the new movies too. And it's only a 5 to 10 minute walk there from my house without driving. Handy. If only they could get they're hands on LBT 2 and 3.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
If one doesn't find them in the store any more (which includes video rental stores where they are sometimes selling their old land before time DvDs for a cheap price (kind of sad if one thinks about what this signals with regard to the popularity of LBT, but still a chance for LBT fans to make a bargain)) there is still ebay to turn to.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: Jim Gamma,Jan 26 2011 on  04:44 AM
I wish they'd sell Region 2 DVDs of the series. We only have the films here. :/
Just buy a region 1 DVD and change the region on your computer's optical drive.  Or better yet, get a program that runs in the background and de-regionizes all DVD's.  Then you can copy the film to a region 2 DVD disk to watch on the TV.  I do this for Japanese anime that's out in Japan but hasn't been released here in the US yet.  It takes them so freaking long to release a version for the US sometimes! :bang

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Funny, because where I'm from, finding the DVDs is as easy as getting on the subway and going to my local HMV.

I've been going down there, and finding pretty much every DVD there, including a 1-11 DVD box-set for about £35, which I would have gotten if I didn't already have most of that section. And they also do mini-collections, like 1-3 and 4-6 in £10 packages. The 4-6 one is probably gonna be my next target, since they are the 3 movies whose absence stand out the most.

Couple of funny stories about finding copies:

1. I found the original in the Kids DVD section in a bookshop in Oxford. I got one of those nice little moments at the till, when the person manning the cash-register said "Ah yeah, this is a great film.". I love it when that happens. So we got into a little conversation about the series. She was obviously a college student (Oxford is a big College town), so she probably watched it in the theatre as a kid. And I was hooked ever since, really.

2. Recently, I had been looking around for numbers 8 and 9. I could only find them extortionately overpriced at HMV, so I decided that when I go to Durham, I'd search there. So, me and my family were up in Durham, having a decent time, and I had some time to spare, so I wandered around the town, checking out potential shops where they may sell them. They only had the 1-3 box-set at their HMV, and nothing in any other video stores, and none in any of the charity shops either. But then I noticed in one charity shop, that there was a little box under one of the shelves filled with old VHS, so I look, and there, as if it was waiting for me, Land Before Time 8, on VHS.

When I got home, I tried it out on my old VCR, and to my delight, both the VCR and the tape still worked fine! A great find, that may become a collector's item in a few decades, as opposed to the charity-shop fodder that VHS are now.

And for anybody finding trouble getting the DVDs: Have you never heard of Amazon?