The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ok, just imagine you have never seen LBT. Okay?

Bongo · 5 · 1299

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ok, in your minds, in your little Land Before Time minds, just imagine that you have never seen LBT and/or their sequals before. You don't know the plots, you don't know the characters, and you don't know their voice actors.

Now, that you don't know what LBT is, look around your house/computer files. Look for a LBT movie. Pick ANY movie. I will choose LBT:XI for example.

After selecting your movie, skip to a random scene. How? Close your eyes, and then press the 'foward' and 'backward' buttons on your TV remote or drag your cursor across the movie bar until you land on a random scene. Pause the movie on that scene.

Now examine the scene's characters. I landed on the scene where Topsy and Tria meet eachother and start talking. Now, remember, you don't know their voice actors. You don't know the movie, and you don't remember what you are doing. All you can do is examine the scene given to you and give the characters you see voices.

For me, I just imagined Topsy to have a very Raspy, grumbling voice. Just think of an old man who has asthma walking up a steep hill and then trying to yell out to someone at the bottom of the hill. Yea, that is the type of voice I imagined him with.

As for Tria, I just imagined a very seductive Marylin Monroe type of voice. Nothing else could describe the voice for me  :p . I just saw Marylin Monroe doing the voice of Tria.

Now it is your turn! Pop out a random movie and turn to a random scene and then, without any knowledge of the movies and characters, give the characters on your scene voices. Trust me, it is very fun.

Now try it yourself! It is very fun to do. Let your imagination run wild!

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This sounds fun... :lol:

I looked around the room and saw a movie called The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island. I skipped forward to the scene when they get onto the island.

I imagined Littlefoot's voice to be a bit more masculine and sound a bit deeper than it did.

I imagined Cera's voice to be more of a blond stereo-type and have a snobby little rasp to it.

Ducky's voice, I imagined to be smaller and quieter sounding.

Petrie I imagined to have a voice...much like the one already given. :blink:

Spike...I thought would have a voice like an old man. :lol:

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
HAHAHA. Now I will go on watch The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island because of a backup copy I have on my PC. I will mute the sound and watch the movie with those character sound in mind.

I don't know why but I always imagined Spike to have the voice of Ed from the show Ed, Edd, n' Eddy. You know, the unibrow guy who likes chickens and always shouts "FRENCH TOAST!" Yea. That voice in Spike's body just seems natural to me.  :p

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Bongo,Feb 18 2011 on  02:42 AM
I don't know why but I always imagined Spike to have the voice of Ed from the show Ed, Edd, n' Eddy. You know, the unibrow guy who likes chickens and always shouts "FRENCH TOAST!" Yea. That voice in Spike's body just seems natural to me.  :p
I think you mean "BUTTERED TOAST!". As well as being an LBT fan, I'm also a huge EENE fan.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for reminding me Allicloud! I have not seen the show in ages so I kind of forgot Ed's famous line  :p