The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How much free time?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I tend to have more free time than many of my friends around where I live. I have a job, but that's all I'm 'scheduled' to do.  When I'm not at work, I'm free to do anything, which is how I can spend so much time on this board. :lol

Most of my friends are into a number of scheduled activities outside of their work/school.  One of them is in a local marching band, one of them a dedicated WoW gamer, who is scheduled to raid with a 40-person group a few times a week.  Others seem to just always be doing something and are impossible to get ahold of.  I sometimes wonder, am I really That boring? :P: I just don't like being scheduled.  I'd rather do things on my own time.

Anyways, what do your schedules look like?  How busy are you?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Yet another thing we have in common Tim!
I too dislike being scheduled. It's probably the main reason why I never joined any sports clup or the like. Too much fixed on deciding about every single minute. I'm not sure that this always was good for me as it certainly deceived me for some pleasures I might have had. Then again I didn't waste most of my free time and I'm benefiting every day from the ways I spend much of my free time.
In general I cannot complain about lack of free time either.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Right now I have too much as I wait for job offers to come back for the summer.  I can say come September I'll be student teaching so free time will be pretty much a luxury at that time.  By December we'll see.  :P:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Free Time? What is this "Free Time" of which you speak of? Nah, I'm just joking I have way too much time on my hands let me just put it like this I only work about 9-12 hours per week and other then that I just sit and basically do nothing. I live a very boring life.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
There's nothing wrong with having a slow summer. Ok so it's not exactly exhilerating but hey, enjoy it while it lasts I say. This time last month, I was working like a madman finishing of uni projects. Didn't sleep for almost 3 consecutive days (don't recommend doing that :( )

As for me, I'm heading out to the other side of the Great Pond for the summer. Basically, what Threehorn is doing, I'm doing that as well (only he leeched the idea of me! LOL  :P: ) His camp starts a week before mine so he's out there already but I fly out as of this coming Thursday. Can't wait! Gonna be the best summer ever!  :D  ;)

Sorry...didn't mean to brag!  :^.^:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ That's right, I forgot you were coming up my way....New Jersey right?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
That's the puppy! Working in a traditional camp in NJ. Teaching and coaching football (soccer to all non-europeans), a bit of B-ball but gymnastics and trampolining are my main ones. I've been practicing myself just making sure my technique and skills are up to scratch. But I can't wait!  :D

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
^ Neat!  I've never been good at many sports, except for martial arts (if you call it a sport) and paintball (though I'm not sure if my games there were normally because of a lot of good luck :P: ).

Anyway, the only business I have right now is the moving to Phoenix for school in the fall, and I'm stuck trying to figure out what hobbies I can do there.  I wanted to do get back into martial arts, play more paintball, get back into writing stories, start drawing, and maybe get enough hands on experience to get a job, but I have to try and work it all into my school schedule.