The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Saw Series

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Saw in my opinion is one of the scariest movie series I have ever seen. I don't think it's scary because of monsters or zombies, but instead it has the psycho thriller aspect. Watching all of these traps makes me cringe every time I watch it, but I still love them. Some people think I need to go to a therapist because I enjoy watching people's blood flow out of their bodies rapidly, but I am just a fan.

This topic is to discuss the Saw series in its entirety. Which one did you like the best? Which trap was the best? Which character?

But most importantly, are you excited for Saw V coming this October?

I'll start the poll and discussion off. My favorite of the series was Saw II. To me, it had the best storyline out of all of them, and the traps were in my opinion the cruelist.

My favorite trap in the whole series is a tie between two, and these were hard to choose. The head trap in the first movie is probably the most famous one, but it also has Amanda being the only survivor of Jigsaw's games. On top of that, the variation of the head trap in Saw II was even more demented. I mean the guy had to remove his eye in order to find the key to save himself, but he ends up dying anyway.

Character wise, Amanda was my favorite. I liked how she was portrayed in Saw III as torn between her past with Jigsaw and her feelings towards him now. How she ended up becoming a murderer instead of a follower of Jigsaw was brilliant!

Above all, I am so eager for Saw V to come out! I've gone to every theater showing for each one, and I'm pumped up to do the same for this one!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I LOVE the series :yes!  Original, psychologically thrilling series.  IV is my favorite 'cuz it's the goriest one yet.  The beginning was a shocker; the tape was in his stomach :x.  I had wanted to become a medical examiner before but for some odd reason changed my mind.  Corpses don't spook me out ;).  Anyhoo, I so can't wait for Saw V.  IV had so many twists to it B).  I read that the traps are real and that paramedics and doctors are on the sets in case the actors get hurt.  That would scare me!  I always thought they were props :slap.  The Glass Box trap will be featured in the upcoming sequel, as well as the whereabouts of the daughter of the doctor killed in III.  Cecil may possibly appear :angry:.  I hated what that dirtbag junkie did to Jigsaw's wife(caused her to miscarry)!  I'd probably want to teach him a lesson, too :mad!  Jigsaw is perhaps my favorite horror villian 'cuz he's so brilliant and insightful.  Even though he does what he does, his words of wisdom have made me look at life from a different perspective :yes.  This series only gets better and better B)!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good news, fans of Jigsaw B)!  Saw V is set to be in theaters October 24th.  I'll let y'all in on a teaser: go to Youtube, search under "Saw V pendelum trap," and see the opening sequence for yourselves.  We're in for a real treat on this one :yes.  It's gonna be disturbingly sick :x!

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My response to the Saw franchise: See Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series episode 30: Sore.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I just saw the first two movies. From this point of view, I would defenitly vote for the second film. It really took my breath. There was really no minute where one could relax.  Oo

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
For those of you who haven't seen the Saw 5 Trap clip, do yourself a favor and check it out! It is so creepy!

Overall, I can't wait for Saw 5 to come out. I know a lot of people see the series as senseless violence that keeps getting dished out every year to make money, but they don't realize that there is a story behind all the gore and torture!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've seen saw 3 online, I guess. I dont really find it interesting, it was 2 years ago though, maybe i should watch one of them again.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't seen any of the Saw movies. Blasphemy? Maybe...  :wow
But I should consider to watch them, however I really dislike movies that makes you feel sick afterwards. I really hated Final Destination 1-3. :o  
But who knows.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I just saw Saw 5 over the weekend. My final verdict: IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
This movie traded gore for plot, so it wasn't as over-the-top bloody as Saw 3 or 4. Despite the lack of extensive blood, there are two scenes in the movie in my opinion which made me cringe, and I won't say what they are, but the traps themselves are probably the most clever in the series.

I have only two complaints with this movie. First of all, it's probably the shortest out of the series. I wanted the movie to keep going on, but it only lasted a little over an hour.

Second, despite the fact that the twist at the end was really good, it was easy to figure out once the scene started.

Overall, this is much better than Saw 3 and 4, and I highly recommend anybody who hasn't seen it to go see it!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Totally agree with ya, LBTFan13 :yes!  It was awesome!  My only suggestion would be for Saw VI to have more blood and gore in it with the same great plot Saw V has :yes.  Yeah, Saw V was awesome.  The ending was so clever I loved it :o  :yes!

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I believe the concepts of the story are great, and the statement it makes for freedom of speech is fantatic! However I am not a fan of gore or torture, so I leave the watching to those who like it... though the plot is very clever

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I want to vote for Saw V on the poll, but it didn't exist as of the poll's posting. Is there a way to add it in?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I NEVER EVER watch horror movies. So I never have seen any of these movies.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Unfortunately I can't revise the poll, but yeah after seeing it I would definitely vote Saw V.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here's my order From fav to least fav:

1.  Saw II
2.  Saw IV
3.  Saw III
4.  Saw V
5.  Saw

But I love them all. Tobin Bell, Shawnee Smith, and Costas Mandylor are all great asa the main antagonists, and the traps never get repetitive.

You also got to hand it to the Saw writers how they practically never mess up continuity in the slightest

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You're right, Brekclub85, and the plot never becomes boring and there's always a shocking twist or two in a sequel.  I absolutely loved the ending to "Saw V" :yes.  Sucked to be Agent Strahm :x.  The plot and the continuity are most likely why the series has been so successful, apart from a competent and unique villian (a terminally ill civil engineer with no criminal or psychiatric record).

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And for you Saw fans: Check wikipedia for lots of info on Saw VI!  :)

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well in just a few months, Saw 6 will be released in theaters. This movie out of the series probably has the most hype/analysis around it, so I want to hear what you guys think about this. There is a lot of talk from the directors/editors that the best traps were saved for Saw 6 ], in the hopes that this would be the last movie. Of course, that isn't the case now that Saw 7 has been confirmed, so what will happen to the traps now? Will they be the best of the series? Will they be the second best in the hopes that Saw 7 will be even better? My opinion, I'm very excited to see the traps. If you were lucky enough to see the official leaked clip on one of the traps, it showed 6 people strapped in to one of those playground carousel things with a rifle loaded and pointed at them. The carousel would spin slowly until one person stopped right in front of the gun. The guy not in the trap would have to decide if he wanted the person in the trap to live or die, but if he wanted them to live he had to stick his hand and push a button to move the rifle. Unfortunately, everytime he would do this, a giant nail would stab his hand. After seeing this clip, I must say I am very very VERY pumped.

There is one theory I've had ever since Saw 2 was released and just thought about it now. Who really is Jigsaw's accomplice? Most people would say Hoffman because he is shown in Saw 4 and 5 acting on Jigsaw's will. However, in the end of Saw 4, the tape Hoffman was listening to specifically said that he was going to be tested. So who is going to test him?

I'm going to make another topic to put this theory into full disclosure, but anyway what do you guys think Saw 6 will be like? I am stoked :D

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I already can't wait for the sequel, and you've really got my anticipation revved up now with that spoiler :yes!  Oooh, yeah!  Ze traps get better and better with every sequel.  Who will be Jigsaw's newest victims?  This will be interesting, especially the fate of Hoffman.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
My friend's got a page of predictions. About 2/3 of the page are his, 1/4 of the page are mine, and another friend has a few at the end. We're gonna take it in and see how many we end up getting right. I feel pretty sure about some of them. :)