The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Let's play Jeopardy! (LBT-style)

action9000 · 241 · 17790

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Nope.

That's three guesses. So I'll reveal the answers. This question was tougher than I had intended it to be. o.O  I like everyone's guesses. Clever, never would have thought of them. ^^

An ability gained, an ability lost

Answer: Spike
Explaination: While it is true that Spike speaks in LBT4 and seemingly never speaks again, this is not why this clue fits him, because he does indeed talk in a later sequel, in LBT8, when he shouts "MOMMA!" In LBT1, Spike is seen swimming in deep water with ease, no trouble at all. But in LBT8, we learn that he cannot swim and Spike is seen struggling to keep himself from sinking. From the span of LBT1 to LBT8, Spike had lost the ability to swim.

The clue was referring to an ability that was both gained and lost, not two seperate abilities.

Fight fire with fire

Answer: Ducky
Explaination: In LBT8, Ducky becomes angry with Spike, and becomes uncomfortable as the negative feeling starts to grow inside her. Misunderstanding Cera's advice, Ducky decides to get "pay back" by making Spike feel bad by staying angry at him.

The clue is a familiar phrase, although it does not neccessarily always mean a physical battle. Ducky was trying to invoke negative feelings on Spike (guilt) to relieve her own negative feelings (anger), using a negative feeling against a negative feeling.

Fear lies within

Answer: Cera
Explaination: Throughout the movie series, we have seen times when Cera is afraid, but pretends like she isn't, like in LBT1 when she pretends that she wasn't afraid when telling the tale of her encounter with Sharptooth underground. In the TV show, when the gang hunt for Hidden Runner, Cera attempts to hide her fear by lying about her dreams and putting on a brave face, only to confess in the end, revealing she was scared what the others might think of her if she revealed she was afraid.

The clue was, I admit, a bit of a trick question. The clue states "lies within", which usually means something that is hidden from view, concealed behind a front, sort of speak. So the statement "Fear lies within" was talking about a character who did not appear afraid on the outside, but was terrified on the inside.

Stir up trouble, let it grow

Answer: Littlefoot
Explaination: In LBT11, Littlefoot attempts to eat the tree-sweets, but ends up knocking them down. In an attempt to protect himself, he blames little dinosaurs he saw earlier. This creates panic among the valley denizens, and they start hunting the little dinosaurs relentlessly. Littlefoot makes no attempt to make things right, and he allows the lie and the trouble to grow until it is almost too late.

Stirring up trouble does not always have to be done with violence. It can be done with a simple lie, and allowing that lie to grow out of porportion. This is exactly what Littlefoot had done.

Innovation, key to the future

Answer: Petrie
Explaination: In LBT12, The Great Day of the Flyers was the test young flyers had to endure to be considered old enough to fly with the adults. For generations, it was always the same, a simple coordinated flight where all the flyers soar in unison. Petrie, however, changes all this with his free-style flying. This inspires all the other flyers, including the observing adults, to begin flying the way they want to. Petrie's mother comments that the Great Day of the Flyers would never be the same.

The term "innovation" means doing something new, radical, very different. Petrie's free-style technique had not been attempted before, and it is likely this will stick for generations to come. One little flyer had changed the future with a single innovative idea.

So...whose turn is it to choose the category?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well that's 100 points for Darkhououmon: Grrrr, that was an evil question. :P:

Tails_155: 1350
action9000: 900
Petrie: 850
Darkhououmon: 650
Flathead770: 400
TheNumberOneShmuck: 400
Littlefoot1616: 150
landbeforetimelover: 100
Malte279: 50

And Tails, your turn to choose a category

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Okey dokey.

Guest Characters for 400:

Someone befriends me
When others turn away.
There's one thing I had not learned
Since my hatchday.

Good luck.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
Quote from: Petrie,Jun 18 2007 on  08:37 PM
Okey dokey.

Guest Characters for 400:

Someone befriends me
When others turn away.
Since my hatchday.

Good luck.

Mr. Thicknose

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Mr. Thicknose is the answer I was looking for.  When the adults don't believe in him any longer because he'd never experienced snow, Littlefoot and the Gang go to find him for help and stick with him.  And what he hadn't learned can be heard in that song he belts out.  :rolleyes:

Tim, if you can provide me with why Chomper is a good choice maybe I can accept two answers.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Someone befriends me
When Chomper is born, Littefoot is the only member of the Gang who (after initial shock) originally returns to the infant to comfort him.
Littlefoot: "Aww, he doesn't look so dangerous."

When others turn away.
The rest of the Gang has trouble accepting Chomper, especially after he bites Cera following the song.
Cera: "A sharptooth can Never be one of us!"
Ducky: "Chomper is....different than us."

Since my hatchday.
One key thing he will never learn, due to his being a sharptooth: to survive in the Great Valley and live in harmony with the other inhabitants of the Valley.  Chomper is unable to adapt to eat Green Food and will not be able to survive on insects indefinitely.  Chomper has yet to learn his true place in the world; as a sharptooth.  The current TV series (which Chomper present in the GV, with his leafeater friends) is proof of this fact.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
You both get 400 then. :p  I didn't even consider Chomper as a guest character anymore since he's a regular in the TV series apparently.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
he he wow :p interesting stuff

whose call? if me I'll just finish the guest charas up :p

BTW after speculation:

Bullies - Littlefoot goes to save them after all they did, they didn't learn compassion or sharing

Pterano - Petrie adored Pterano, he never learned to take responsibility

Tinysauruses - saved by Littlefoot, didn't learn ... well okay, so this one didn't work :p

they didn't learn that the large beings aren't all dumb and selfish! ha!

Mo - the adults want nothing to do with him, the gang doesn't really either, Littlefoot insists to save him, Mo is too busy having fun to understand what's important

Shorty - Bron cares for him regardless of how much of a troublemaker he is, he hasn't learned decency :p

Guido - kinda outcasted, Petrie becomes his friend, he didn't learn to fly (either)

I think that's all for now

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I didn't even consider Chomper as a guest character anymore since he's a regular in the TV series apparently.
Based on Littlefoot1616's interpretion of LBT as of late, Chomper could still be considered a "guest character".  He has appeared in only a couple of movies, and I don't expect him to appear in LBT 13.  The TV series is kind of "the exception to the rules" when it comes to LBT, it seems.

Anywho, scores:
Tails_155: 1750
action9000: 1300
Petrie: 900

Tails chooses Guest Characters for 200.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Alright, I'll post the question.

Guest Characters for 200:

This character found in an earlier sequel can do something quite well despite some notable physical deficiency.  Name the character and the "issue" he/she has.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
who is chomper? The issue of him being a carnivore, but surviving by only eating insects.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
No, Dil really can't see well, and there are many times she said that she couldn't and ran into things so she didn't act as if she wasn't blind.

And no, Chomper isn't the answer...if you eat insects, you're still eating the body of another, and last I checked, that constitutes a carnivore.

One more guess up for grabs.  You need to really read that question well...it doesn't just jump out at you.

prehistorian

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Who is Archie, who has no legs but still manages to move surprisingly well on land?

He did sort of "jump out" at Littlefoot...

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I'm so sorry guys...I forgot entirely I had asked the last question.  :slap

Sorry f-22, Ozzy is not the correct answer, and that was the third and final guess.   I hate throwing out prehistorian's correct response of Archie, but for the wrong reason.  Archie supposedly has no teeth but has amazing pronounciation in which you'd need teeth to speak.  You won't be saying "Good Luck!" with no teeth.  :lol:

Tim, if you don't mind updating the score, and tails can pick another category and value.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Archie supposedly has no teeth but has amazing pronounciation in which you'd need teeth to speak.

Archie? I never would have guessed him. The reason being that parrots are able to pronounce many words without the use of teeth. Archie may not be a bird, but he does have a beak.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
throwing out prehistorian's correct response of Archie, but for the wrong reason
Plus, prehistorian's response is too late.  He is our 4th guesser.

Score updates: +100 for Petrie :p
Tails_155: 1750
action9000: 1300
Petrie: 1000

Looks like it's Tails to choose a category!