The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time: the wisdom of friends

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's a link:

eFilmCritic.com (It's in the 2007 and beyond section, at the bottom of the page)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I wouldn't put it past a site like that to post false information. I've seen more reputable sites (i.e., not Wikipedia) lie before, so why should a site like that be trusted?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm extremely sceptical about what I am seeing.
I have been wrong before when it comes to misgivings about a future land before time movie (I was rather upset about the impressions the cover of LBT 9 gave while the movie turned out to be one of my favorites) and I hope... I pray that I will be wrong once again. I really don't feel good about this.
As for changes in general some are really important for the story to go on. With no changes at all there would be nothing left to tell. Yet if it comes to such elemental questions as continuing LBT with a completely different set of characters I'm strictly opposed to such a step. The land before time characters are a very good selection of individuals and I'm really, really fond of them. I wouldn't want to have them reduced to background elements or worse for the sake of other characters. In that case one might just as well start an entirely new story (which would probably be accused of being an LBT rippoff right away).
Change just for the sake of change is not necessarily a good thing. One notable element about the changes we have seen in LBT as far as new characters are concerned is that those changes rarely had a lasting effect. Chomper, and Tria are the only characters so far who appeared in more than one sequel with a role that consisted of more than a glimpse (such as those we got on Mo in two sequels other than LBT 9). If characters or changes in general are introduced just for one sequel to be discarded without so much as the tyniest reference to them in the next sequel I wonder if that could be considered a change at all.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Is out on DVD? The clip wasn't clear on that, it doesn't sound that bad, but it looks like were not gonna find out how Chomper and Ruby came to be in the Great Valley. I think this is more of a comical sequel.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well if that happens it wouldn't be the first time two movies were released in one year.

Oh god!  Help me!  These movies are coming off an assembly line!  I don't think it's gonna be too good cuz they made it so fast.  I dunno though.  LBT 9 was noticablly rushed and it didn't suck...

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
Holy delay, Batman! Am I ever late getting here!

Well, as my cousin's computer is slower than molasses, I could not, at the current time, view the alleged "video clip" of the so-called "The Land Before Time XIII" supposedly subtitled "The Wisdom of Friends".

I can, however, provide my thoughts upon first seeing the image of Loofah and Doofah so kindly provided by one "landbeforetimelover".

*ahem*
Quote from: TheNumberOneShmuck @ 5:50p PST on  08/11/2007
AGH!

And although incapable of viewing previously mentioned video clip, I can assure you that I went almost immediately from suprise at the new characters to pant-wetting giddyness at the thought that a new LBT movie is well on the way.

Thank you, that will be all. No further questions, please.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
That can't be right at all cause I can tell you now. And this is FACT that Aria just last month did some more voice records for LBT 13 on July 19th so there is not a chance that is coming out on the later half of this year. That information could change but at this time I strongly disagree with that website, full stop.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
YES!!!!!!  They're not rushing it! :D I was afraid they were gonna throw it out there just to make a quick buck and not give a crap about how good it was.

One thing that confused me is "the wisdom of friends" is not in the LBT sequals list on the official site.  Maybe this is a new move or something?  In the announcements for LBT 12, they called it "the land before time 12 - the great day of the fliers".  I'd think they'd mention it as "the land before time 13 - the wisdom of friends" if it really was in fact the 13th sequal.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Also Play.com ususally good at showing new DVD release dates even before it out. And they did give the right date for LBT 12 when it came out in the UK. They do not even display LBT 13 yet on the US site of Play.com so at the moment this is what I believe there is no real release date for LBT 13 at this time.

Also checked at Walmart.com and Amazon.com there is no release date for LBT 13, if it that close to that later quarter these sites would of showed it as well.

prehistorian

• Ruby
    • View Profile
"The Wisdom of Friends."

What does that mean, exactly? Does it mean that all friends have wisdom as part of their "friend-ness"?  :huh:  

Or does it mean that it is wise to have friends? (If that's what it means there's a missing word in the title.)

Whatever it means, why is it worth a whole movie?

On the new characters: I'm guessing they are therizinosaurs. Not that I have anything against therizinosaurs.  ;)  

However, when the guest characters keep getting weirder, it can only mean one thing: the writers are running out of ideas.

As for the names of these guest characters, they sound like the names of a forgotten pair of Teletubbies. Were it not for the copyright issues, why not call them "Oompa" and "Loompa" instead?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Like I said, I'm not surprised they're running out of ideas.  After all, 12 sequals and a full TV Series means plenty of good ideas used up.  If you are all hyped up about the names, maybe the names aren't quite official yet.  They could change it at any given time like they did with Ovie to Ruby.

I doubt they would change the tatic of giving names after all this time.  Ruby is the one of the few exceptions.  Based on the believed species, what do you think would be a good alternative name for them, one that would at least make you feel better? :)

prehistorian

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I see no reason not to continue the old tradition of taking the character name out of the dinosaur name. For example, "Harry." (Therizinosaurus.)

Perhaps we are mistaken about the intended species ("Loofah"=Lufengosaurus?)

Then again, those new characters have feathers sprouting from their heads, so I doubt that's the case.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't think this will be LBt 13. for onbe the new character's names are too silly. but on the other habd, what else do you expect from a series that has been geared to toddlers anbd little kids for awhile now?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
The "silly" names are just there. We can't do anything about them. Like you said, this series isn't exactly geared towards the average age group on this board. I think there's a good chance we're dealing with LBT 13. Besides, didn't it say "a brand new movie" or something like that?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Yeah I agree with Manny. If it wasn't LBT13, why would they say it's an "all-new movie"?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 16 2007 on  06:14 PM
Yeah I agree with Manny. If it wasn't LBT13, why would they say it's an "all-new movie"?
Can't argue there.  Sometimes a pilot epidsode is long enough (one hour) to be considered film length...but what's this then...season 2?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't think they would started making such elaborate advertising on a single episode in a TV series on the official LBT webpage. It is very likely to be the long announced 13th movie whether we like the names or not :unsure:

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
'Kay, got back to my computer, saw the video clip and I must say, I'm quite confused as to what all the negativity is about. Seems like just another LBT movie to me. There's really nothing to worry about IMO.

The names? Nah. A name ruins not a movie. I don't even find them the worst in the series. To me, Loofah and Doofah >>>>> Tickles.

The species? Actually, I like that they keep making new characters based on species I've never heard of. Keeps things fresh and fun. And I'll take a wierd new species over those freakin' imaginary friends any day.

Really, from where I stand the only thing dissappointing about the clip is that we get no clear indication that XIII will provide the story for Ruby and Chomper coming to the Valley.

Oh, and "All New Movie" kinda leaves absolutely no room for doubt in my mind that this is indeed The Land Before Time XIII.