The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT TV Series Episode Guide & Temporary DL Links

action9000 · 107 · 13375

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The question is whether or not the Great Valley dinosaurs even know such a concept as that of personal posessions. It reminds me of the fact that when the first contacts between Europeans and native Americans were established there was utter confusion on both sides as many native American tribes didn't ever have such a concept of owning anything (least of all owning land).
There are a few scenes throughout LBT which suggest that the concept is not totally alien to the dinosaurs. In LBT 11 we have the treesweets with one belonging to each individual (funny that the treesweets' number has to match the number of the Great Valley's residents. What about superfluous treesweets, or (worse even) if there are not enough for everyone?). In LBT 8 for example Spike is eating the special treestars Ducky's mother gave just to her. Nevertheless there is an important difference between "owning" something as fugitive as food and owning something material of no real, practical purpose.
The closest thing we had was the original movie's first ever treestar. That one wasn't food however for the important meaning it had to Littlefoot. There is no indication that anyone ever questioned Littlefoot's ownership of that treestar or nibble on it even in the time of the worst hunger.

Anyway, if it comes to glittering stones I doubt dinosaurs of the LBT world would think of "owning" it as in "it belongs just to me". The sparkling stone would sparkle as bright for Littlefoot as it would for Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike. Unless there is some special conotation to anything material I don't think they would even think of keeping it. How would quadruped dinosaurs carry around that stone all the time anyway?
Nevertheless, I won't judge the series because of that mere idea. I shall not judge it before seeing it myself. How will one ever know what one might have missed until actually watching it Petrie?

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Speaking of watching it, when will it be posted? Oh, and I imagine that there must be some superfluous "treesweets" after each time it blooms.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
How will one ever know what one might have missed until actually watching it Petrie?

Oh?  I've seen that one episode and that'll be the last.  I was not pleased with what I saw.  Needless to say, things just happened like that, with no real depth, and don't get me started on how the characters are drawn.  They seem to be blocky and seem to vary scene to scene so its obvious there were many animators on this show.  Ruby is not bad; I'll give them that.  Chomper...how the hell did he get off the island?  Music...eh, not bad, but that theme song is puzzling why they chose this African beat with the drums.  Just a very odd choice.  

Not that they were out to go and impress me with the show of course.  I've seen and judged.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm sorry. I didn't realize you had watched it. I avoided looking at the discussion thread on the TV series and I will continue to avoid it till I watch it myself.
Oh, and I imagine that there must be some superfluous "treesweets" after each time it blooms.
Probably. It is certainly the impression we get at the end of LBT 11. However, After all the measures to make sure that everyone gets but one treesweet, how do they explain that some get two or three? The grudge that comes from unequal sharing is definitely known among the LBT dinosaurs (as demonstrated in LBT 3).

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Keep in mind that we missed the first two episodes; we might have learned how Chomper came to be in the valley.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, this should help clear up some of the questions:
The link is up on the first post of this topic.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
and don't get me started on how the characters are drawn. They seem to be blocky and seem to vary scene to scene so its obvious there were many animators on this show.

Oh yes, I've noticed this as well -_- This is one thing about the tv series that's really upsetting me.

They look ok in some scenes, but other scenes...it's just a joke.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Tinysaurus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Woah, woah, woah... I've been away too long. Universal's already started on the series?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And it doesn't seem like Universal's made any very loud and noteable announcements about it either.

I'm afraid we might have noticed the airing of the series much later if it hadn't been for Noname.
Credit where credit is due; and I think he wasn't given the credit his attention deserves. Thank you very much Noname for keeping your eyes open and alerting us to the start of the series in Canada.  :yes

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks!  :)  I only wish I could have found out a day or two earlier, that way, we could see the first two episodes (I had the bad luck to find out one the very day the series debuted on YTV.)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Even if we knew earlier, the only one who might've seen it was Tim, and even then he didn't have a way to record it.  Either way, good job keeping your eyes open noname. :yes  We'll know more of the first two once US audiences get to see it.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey all!
I'll post a link to Episode 6 in just a few minutes. B)
It has some musical references to earlier LBT shows:
The song "Adventuring" (Originally from LBT 10) is redone in this episode, as is "Good times, Good friends" (Originally from the TV episode where the Gang seeks out the crystals).

[EDIT] Here's the link!
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...CB510E64A1D00F2
[/EDIT]

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
What I seen of them so far, these epsiodes they are pretty dare good. I really look forward to seeing more of these epsiodes and LBT 12 the movie. :)

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The only thing that might be unsettling when one thinks about it is the seeming change in the series that began with movie XI. Prior to that, the movies starting from II had a basic formula, albeit one that could be approached in many, many ways; something happens, the five characters meet a guest character, there's an adventure, the adventure ends, the guest character has to leave "if we hold on together" plays, and everyone says goodbye (except in the land before time III, where Hyp, Nod and Mutt just stay inactive.) No guest character becomes permanent, and, with the exception of Chomper (and his parents), no guest character is (yet) seen again (save for some possible cameos.)
     Then, in movie XI, that changed. Tria became a permanent character. In movie XII,  Tricia became a permanent character. In the first episode of the series (which I haven't seen, but have read about), Chomper and Ruby become permanent characters, as do Redclaw and Screech (probably.) So now we have a larger group, permanently changed for the first time. We also have the series' first regular villians/antagonists in Redclaw, Screech, and that other of the two raptors he has with him. Ironically, the series has become dynamic by keeping characters from leaving at the end, which is what we are used to. We might also see the return of other past characters, but no specific evidence of a return is given. I'll check various online credits of the series and see if I can't find a reference to someone who has yet to return...
The good news is, that the original group of five is still intact within the group of seven, and we aren't going to see a rotating roster like every new season of the "power rangers." If anything, what we are seeing is a natural part of life, which doesn't remain static; it changes.

EDIT: We have also seen the characters themselves change, and they have done much to overcome their flaws, they have gained/met family members, and all have grown physically:

1. Littlefoot has become more emotionally mature; we see that he is able to separate himself from his father in the tenth movie, wheras in the first movie, he probably would have (literally) clung to him. Of all the characters, he has probably done the most to overcome his flaws (attatchment, maybe even fear of loss.)

2. Cera has gained a stepmother, half-sister, and has become more tolerant of those  of another kind. The same could be said of her father, who has also become more tolerant, though still thinking his kind is supreme (see the fifth tv episode.) Cera has also done much to overcome her initial character flaws (hubris, intolerance), but still has much pride.

3. Ducky is probably the only character who hasn't shown much change, although she is probably less gullible than in the first movie (not much less.) Her other flaw of sensitivity is still there, but this is also a part of her kindness, which is a positive quality.

4. Spike can now talk, even though he doesn't do so often, and hasn't really changed much otherwise. Spike hasn't done a thing about his flaw, gluttony.

5. Petrie has changed for the better and worse; on one hand, he is able to fly, since WAY back in the first movie. He also appears to be both braver and still somewhat easily frightened, depending on the cirumstance. He has also gained the fear of bad luck, probably from his experiences in the sixth movie and from what his uncle Pterano told him. Petrie also undergoes some sort of change in the twelth movie, but it probably isn't a coming of age ceremony, as he and his siblings are way too young.
Some flaws yet to overcome include superstition and unwarrented fear.

6. Chomper changed in when he gained the ability to talk somewhere between the second and fifth movies. We also know that Ruby and Chomper seem to share some sort of mutual responsibility to protect and guide each other, with Chomper having to lead Ruby to the Great Valley, and Ruby having to discover the secret of how to live together in peace with other species. It's hard to find much flaw with Chomper, but it's possible that he also has some gluttony; when he suggested bringing Tria some insects, Ruby said that he would eat them all, in the same manner that spike would eat all of the leaves that they could bring to Tria. There was also the scene in which he said he was getting hungry... with potential food trapped on a rock with him... and Ducky getting worried about this...

7. Ruby is the hardest to talk about. She appears to be the oldest of the entire group; she is larger than Chomper despite the fact that her species was nowhere near the size of Chomper's when fully grown. Anyway, what little we yet know of her deeper character comes from the third episode. She seems to suffer from some form of separation anxiety from her family; the scene in the third episode ("remembering") is similar to the scene in the first movie where Littlefoot was depressed due to the death of his mother. We don't see much change in her, save that of physical growth; she looks much smaller in the flashbacks, especially the one that was at least two years ago. I can also say that Ruby's verbal characteristics are to use mistaken logic and redundencies such as "but you haven't seen what we're going to see yet" (redundant) or "when all you have to do is wait, waiting is easy to do." (not necessarily, especially you're surrounded by lava,  as she was when she said that.) Besides the logical fallacies (REAL philosophers don't use logical fallacies), another flaw which we could see overcome would be the similar attatchment that we saw in the first movie with Littlefoot.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I believe Ruby is more of a philosopher. She's on some sort of quest, which might lead the gang back to her fmaily and on longer "road trips" to the mysterious beyond. Hasn't that evolved as well? In the first 4 sequels (lbt 2 to 5) we see the mysterious beyond as a dead place surrounded by dino skeletons, with no food or water to be found, just some sharpteeth. And then suddenly you have a lot of green areas, everywhere you go has forests, grass, and other dinosaurs. The Earth hasn't changed that much.
I believe LBT was evolving  to a time near the extinction of the dinosaurs untill LBT IV, but suddenly they just decided to stop with the rapid changes (although we have the blizzard in LBT 8, and the weird meteor in LBT 7) and mantain a normal series of movies not so much emotionally evolved and targeted more to a larger and younger audience.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Episode 7 is posted up now:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...21F37601988414E

This one will be rather special for all of those Ali fans out there...if you can get over the huge changes that Ali has been through since LBT 4...

The main question still left to be answered...is Ali staying now?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I believe so. At least for a couple of episodes, she didn't leave at the end of this episode. Anyway, she deserves a lot more attention, she is the grater hope and myth of all lbt fans out there.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool