The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Who wins worst parent of the year award?

Ruby2 · 6 · 1428

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I voted Topsy. I'll say no more, I've said plenty of times before why I hate him.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I voted for Hyp's dad. He yells even more than Mr. Threehorn and that's saying a lot ^^
Inactive, probably forever.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I voted for Hyp's dad, although there was a none of the above. Everyone listed had plausible reasons for the way they reacted. Mr. Threehorn and Hyp's father both care a lot about their kids.

I think it might have to do with the fact they both lost their original mates before arriving in the Great Valley. My theory on that is based on what happened in the first film and the seventh film.

It probably effected them emotionally too, especially with the way they view others. Mrs. Maia, Ducky's situation, let me put this scenario together.

An animal is guarding her nest and you're all over her nest doing something. How is that animal going to react? Ducky is lucky she got thrown and not crushed like a jellybean.

Plus she would of been better off asking Mrs. Maia if she had seen the twins instead of just snooping around her nest. I mean it's not like Mrs. Maia was asleep for twenty four hours, she could of just fallen asleep before Ducky came into her nest.

While I'm on the subject of Ducky, Ducky's father's situation wasn't anything related to the character himself. Moreover the unfortunate circumstance that befell the late Judith Barsi, who happened to voice Ducky in the original film.

Bron had a valid story, which all goes back to the original film. The land was constantly changing, so he went off to find a new place for him, his mate, and son (who wasn't born yet) to live.

As for Bron not being able to find Littlefoot for years, it goes back to my second sentence, the land was changing. He did run into Rooter, but he didn't know where Littlefoot went afterward.

As for Chomper's parents, sharptooth just being sharptooth is all I can say. :p They didn't have that thinking after Littlefoot saved Chomper. The last three is up for debate.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
i choose Hyp's Dad. Its obvious in my opinion.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
For me it is Bron all the way. Not only does his story still seem as implausible to me as it did 10 years ago, but in my opinion he (unlike Cera's and Hyp's father), never really has a redeeming moment in which his mistakes are actually recognized for what they are rather than being interpreted as some kind of hero's tale. Worse even, Bron didn't just fail Littlefoot as a Dad (my points are all in the thread linked above), but Shorty too (for whose problems he seems to be insensitive and whom he doesn't give any attention except when he tripped Littlefoot and after it was clear that he and Littlefoot would go separate ways (for reasons which seem rather flimsy).
To top it all, we got a Dad here who pits his child and adopted child in a competition for leadership in the series and would challange his children (still too young to even understand such basics in life as that everyone has a mother and a father) jump over lava too far to jump (and I refuse his not allowing for them to actually drop into and burn in the lava as a sign of particularly good parenthood).

In terms of worst parent I think Bron takes the cake for not only never learning or being criticized (rather than praised) for his failures, but also for letting more than one child suffer from him lack of sensitivity (particularly pronounced in case of Shorty) and for subjecting his very young child to a competition in which they probably at least subconsciously had to fear that his respect and affection were at stake.
I admit that Bron is really the type of character who could ruin the LBT revival for me unless they come up with something better than the Mary Sue kind of characterization in blissful ignorance of the glaring flaws which in my opinion made up most of his character so far. :anger