The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 118164

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Littlefoot fan 1990

Just click on quote on the top right corner of the post, then when you're writing your own post there will be a small dialogue box bellow your posting box, there you can edit the other person's quote, if you just want to quote part of the post, or just let it be and the whole post will be quoted.

We've had some pretty childish songs throughout the years, it's as much part of TLBT as any of the songs we do like, we need to remember this is targeted for young children.

The name doesn't appeal to me, but I'm not going to judge a song by its title, or even the whole movie by one song. In New Order's latest album Music Complete, one of my favourite songs is called Tutti Fruti. It's probably the stupidest name they've ever given to a song, but the song itself is actually pretty great.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I agree that 'Hot and Stinky' strikes me more as being a song about Fire Mountain than about anything bodily-function-related. Though I like CancerianTiger's idea, too :lol I've enjoyed LBT's sillier songs in the past, so I'm not too worried about this one. Also I'm interested to see who sings 'Better Off Alone,' as I have a feeling it might be WildArms' song.
And all I can think of when I hear WildArms is the old playstation game, has anyone else played it?  :rolleyes:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I agree that at the end of the day this is a franchise made for children.  As such, I expect sillier songs.  I know the new generation is a bit spoiled thanks to several different certain TV series, but I don't expect everything to be of that quality.  It's probably setting the bar a bit too high anyways.

I am surprised they are trying to fit in 4 songs.  One could argue that the last time they did that was LBT 11, but then again, some don't count those that play during the credits.  If we go by that logic, than the last one to do it was LBT 9. (Then again, some count the "Big Water reprise" as only half a song if at all.) It won't be easy fitting them all properly into an 82 minute movie, but let's how they do with it.

We'll know in two months.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Tony Amedola as the narrator huh?
Well the website seems legit......

Life Is Good

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Yeah, I wouldn't be too concerned about the song names just yet. We're still over a month away from the actual DVD release and we know diddly-squat about the more important aspects of the movie.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Well, this is very exciting news! I will DEFINITELY be seeing it when it's released.

Wild Arms? It'd be interesting if that was the name of one of the two Yutyrannusses.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Check this out. What's interesting is the list of some of the cast members

http://news.sys-con.com/node/3603966
Life Is Good

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Great find!

Hmm... well, I think quite a few of us guessed that Jim Cummings was going to be in it. Barry Bostwick, on the other hand... I have no idea what he's going to do, unless he's the new voice of Topsy.

I've tried clicking on the links on that page... but it looks like only certain people can access them. The first leads to a page where you have to sign in to view the content. The second is the Land Before Time Facebook page, and the third leads to a private YouTube video. The one useful thing to note is that the LBT Facebook page has now uploaded the trailer (the same one that was released 5 months ago), so my guess is that Universal will (hopefully) start talking about it soon.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Something I noticed in that link on the picture of the DVD cover, the characters colour's have been altered slightly to look more like their actual colours in the movie

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Wow, cool! Awesome find!

Yeah, assuming Jim Cummings will be Grandpa Longneck, that probably means Barry Bostwick is Topsy. Plus he's about John Ingle's age when he first started in the sequels, and they said there would only be two new characters. But then again, there were IMDB rumors back in September that Bostwick was a character called "Longneck".... so maybe Cummings is Topsy?  Either way, it looks like Topsy and Grandpa got replacements  ;)

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
As more details come out, this movie is getting more and more interesting. Excitement is growing for me.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Anyone else notice that the link mentions a compilation album released on January 29th?  Here's the quote:

In conjunction with this release, comes The Land Before Time compilation album. The album features some of the best-loved songs from all of the previous Land Before Time films and will be available digitally January 29, 2016, on Back Lot Music.

Here's hoping that the album includes Best of Friends.

SuperGameWarrior101

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Dec 10 2015 on  12:14 PM
Awesome!  :DD

Gonna assume Wild Arms is that feathered Sharptooth.

So we're gonna have 4 songs? Well, one of them we already know (it's in Ludicris' music project and sounds alright). As for the other three I won't judge em' before I've heard 'em. I must say I actually like the cover and... oh gosh it's only 2 months until it comes out!!! :DD

Too bad I'll be extremely busy with exam preparation around that time :( Should have been 2 weeks later or so :p

Anyway, I'll preorder this. Won't show my face around here before I've seen the movie  :lol I hate spoilers...
I checked out his page on the wiki, and they say he'll be the comic relief for this one, much like Guido and the Yellow Bellies.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: SuperGameWarrior101,Dec 20 2015 on  10:25 AM
[
I checked out his page on the wiki, and they say he'll be the comic relief for this one, much like Guido and the Yellow Bellies.
I hope he's more like Guido and not the bloody yellow bellies!

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Don't know if this is reliable but....

http://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Jim%20Cummings

It says that Jim Cummings is voicing Grandpa Longneck

Edit: Never mind it was taken from Wikipedia which we all know is not a reliable source
Life Is Good

Hero of Legend

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hey guys! I managed to find a very high-res box at the LBT facebook page, you had to download the file to get the full-size:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sSUfYZRN...714772268_o.jpg

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's not really a Wal-Mart exclusive, is it? It has a sticker on the box that say it, apparently.

I might have been a bit happy about this, considering I work for Wal-MArt, but this really wouldn't be a good idea for the movie, I think. Shrinking your potential customer base to just one retailer, when the last movie in the series didn't turn a profit, and almost killed the franchise because of it, is kinda stupid. I would try to release this movie on as many retailers and services as I could, to try to get more eyes on it, and hopefully more sales.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
It would be a bad move, but I'm sure they'll release the DVD on other retailers. Perhaps Wallmart has the exclusive for the release date/week, or it will have a special version of the DVD on sale.

Is there any website where we can check the DVD sales for the sequeles, or any other movie by that matter?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think it's exclusive for pre-order at Walmart only.  Hopefully, they can get other retailers on the action when the movie comes out.  It would only hurt them more if it only went to one store chain.